Sponsored by:

Problems with Fikse?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 05:15 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Can anyone confirm, are they shut down or not?

Best,
Old 10-26-2009, 05:50 PM
Thatcher
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig - RennStore.com
I usually see Jim Fikse at a local restaurant - I'll ask him what's up if I see him.
Fikse is 100% shut down, for now. There have been some recent developments with one of the investors, but it's unclear as to what will happen with the company and the millions of dollars with of equipement / machines.

If anyone needs replacement Fikse parts, I can still get them.

Thatcher.shultz@gmail.com
Old 10-27-2009, 09:25 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hang tight. my understanding is that things are going to work out in the end. The people involved must remain quite until the time is right.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:29 PM
cbennettus
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, finally a Fikse update for y'all as we say down here in Texas. After emails to Fikse, and many - many - many messages left at Fikse and on Jim Fikse's mobile number, I've finally heard back.

I received a call out of the blue last week from Will Anthis, Sales & Marketing Director, Fikse Wheels. Will explained that the Fikse name had been purchased by a Canadian company, I believe he said Kodiac Racing. The purchase included the remaining inventory, tooling, and rights to the Fikse name. However, it will now be called Fikse, not Fikse USA.

Will was aware of my situation the the rear wheels from my GT-3, I had returned for repair. Apparently as Fikse USA began to have their money issues, they were no longer able to repair wheels. Jim Fikse, in the final days, removed all the RMA wheels (those returned for repair) from the Fikse building. Apparently in a desire to at least return the wheels to customers even if they hadn't been repaired. As such the wheels did not move with the rest of the inventory and equipment purchased. The new Fikse folks are working through lawyers to try to get their hands on the customers wheels in order to fulfill their repair commitments. Will is not completely confident this will be successful. However, he assured me that all Fikse USA customers who returned their wheels will get either (A) their wheels back with the repair completed or (B) new replacement wheels.

Given the substantial investment I have in the wheels I returned, I would certainly hope so. I'll be giving Will a call back in a week or two to get an update. I'll keep everybody posted.

Regards,

Curt
Old 01-30-2010, 12:57 PM
JeremyS
Intermediate

If they were indeed purchased by Kodiak Racing, Good Luck! Be sure to add 6 months to any delivery estimate they may give you.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Alan Baylis
Advanced

Fikse was purchased by Kodiak Racing. More good news coming soon.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:52 PM
pojefferson
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Alan Baylis
Fikse was purchased by Kodiak Racing. More good news coming soon.
All see this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=44610
There are a few responses in there from an actual Kodiak person.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:06 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Saw Jim Fikse at the local licensing department last week.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Fikse Wheels
Former Vendor

Fikse Wheels is proud to announce that we are a Rennlist.com sponsor.
Here is all of the news about Fikse Wheels that is currently fit to print. The Fikse brand was acquired by Kodiak in British Columbia, Canada. Kodiak has a long history of manufacturing forged racing wheels as racing components and aerospace parts. They recently hired Alan Baylis, that's me, as VP of Sales and Marketing. Many of you may know me from my years of experience in the custom wheel manufacturing industry as well as my most recent position at Wheel Enhancement. We are adding 20" wheels to our product line as well as 2 new styles out this summer. Please visit our web site http://www.fikse.com and feel free to call or email if you have any questions.
Originally Posted by pojefferson
All see this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=44610
There are a few responses in there from an actual Kodiak person.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:29 PM
swbatte
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a two time Fikse owner, I am pleased to read your post.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:40 PM
spare tire
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own a set of fiksie profil 13 and they are great with no problems. A friend called and said he took his wheels in for new tires and the shop he went to said he needed 3 new centers because his were cracked. I looked at mine and mine are ok. I have only had 3 or 4 sets of tires on them. So i explained this to another friend who used to have a 996 Gt3 and we looked at his wheels and they were also cracked. The problem seems to be (If one of the wheel studs occurs exactly between where two spokes are attached to the center then the aluminum is too thin there) and it cracks. The common sence fix for this is to use ten spokes instead of thirteen and center the wheel stud at the center of every other spoke. Then there would be enough meat so no cracks.

And this is just a guess. But Fiksie maybee started to warranty this because it is a clear design flaw and he became overwhelmed with financial ruin if he recalled all the wheels and fixed them out of his own pocket. So he walked away and we are left holding the bag. I was told Kodiak will not fix for free either.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:54 PM
May911-85
Advanced

I'm willing to bet that Fikse (Kodiak), will come around and back up their purchase with CS service after they get their arms around things... Smart businesses see these situations as opportunities to grow... at least i hope so.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:50 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are setting up repair shops. Seattle area has two that I know of:

Chris' German Auto, Bellevue , Wa
Fordahl Motorsports, Bellevue, Wa

I am sure there are many more out there to do the repairs.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Dave 86 930 Fl
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Fikse Test Case

I purchased a set of Fikse Profil 5's for my 930 (anodized black) last week and I was told delivery would be in 5 weeks ... So, I guess we'll see what happens wrt delivery schedule. I will say this, Danny Goll was very helpful in specifying the wheels and getting the order placed. Deposit will be charged to my card when the wheels enter production and I'm told the wheels should be complete 3 days later.

Prior to placing the order with Fikse, I made many attempts to purchace the 17" Fuchs from Zuffenhaus and they just dropped the ball completely ... WTF?

I'll post an update when I have more information.

Regards, Dave
Old 05-14-2010, 11:43 PM
pojefferson
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dave 86 930 Fl
I purchased a set of Fikse Profil 5's for my 930 (anodized black) last week and I was told delivery would be in 5 weeks ... So, I guess we'll see what happens wrt delivery schedule. I will say this, Danny Goll was very helpful in specifying the wheels and getting the order placed. Deposit will be charged to my card when the wheels enter production and I'm told the wheels should be complete 3 days later.

Prior to placing the order with Fikse, I made many attempts to purchace the 17" Fuchs from Zuffenhaus and they just dropped the ball completely ... WTF?

I'll post an update when I have more information.

Regards, Dave
Dave - I'm very interested in your test case, and how that turns out. I'm also interested in the precise look of the black anodized Profil 5's. Had you seen them somewhere else, or perhaps have a picture (on another car)?

Quick Reply: Problems with Fikse?