Sponsored by:

Feeler: 04 GT3 possibly for sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
do you mean less expensive including purchase price of the car OR do you mean less expensive running costs?

Once they are set up for the track, as yours is, where do you expect to get big savings moving to another car?

I am not being a smart ***... just curious where you think you will pick up the savings moving to another car... I am assuming you are looking at an M3 or something like that...

Deman rotors
********* pagids
tires
oil
brake fluid

Am I crazy in thinking that the 996-3 actually has reasonable run costs for lapping days in return for the performance it provides?

start donating blood, plasma, and semen and keep that car Colby!

Ya, not in running costs simply in costs of the car. I can have a well prepped e36 for under 25 and a well prepped e46 for under 40. I'm also thinking about an SRF (under 20). I agree that for the most part running costs will be the same but the extra 20-30k will help a lot.

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Something like an M3 will run you very close to the same costs. You will save a few$$ on tires and brakes but not enough to switch. However if you want an over the top E46 M3 track car give a pm.

Peter
Check your pms!
Old 02-09-2009, 05:16 PM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I race an E36m3 and my costs are approx 1/2 the GT3. Tires, rotors pads.

Are you worried about crashing it? That's why you want something cheaper?

Saving money and tracking is an oxymoron
Old 02-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
that was what I was thinking... once you buy the car and set it up to your liking... cost is in line with other cars in terms of running it at lapping days...

Colby - good luck with the sale!
I would part it out in terms of your mods etc..
That's the plan. Put her back to stock and sell for 57-58...

Originally Posted by Porsche917K
Exactly. I have tracked other cars and the running cost are similar to a GT3. In fact I think that once you outlay the money for the GT3, it is actually a pretty inexpensive car to set up for track use (which you already have done.)

Like I said before, unless you absolutely have to get the cash back out of your car, don't sell it. By the time you take a hit on this car, buy another car, and set the new car up, you won't likely have saved much money. Plus the new car won't be as much fun as the GT3.
Definitely agree that it will be hard to fill the void. I havent driven much else but of the things I have driven (Vantage, Gallardo, M3, Turbo, etc) nothing comes close.

I'm thinking/hoping racing an SRF will help or dare I say... a c5 z06
Old 02-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by iLLM3
My thoughts exactly.. Don't sell it man! And give me your toe links Colby lol
You got it Martin! Send me a check and I'll get those out asap *3 months-cough-cough*
Old 02-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by va122
I race an E36m3 and my costs are approx 1/2 the GT3. Tires, rotors pads.

Are you worried about crashing it? That's why you want something cheaper?

Saving money and tracking is an oxymoron
Not worried some much about crashing. Financially I can still keep the car and track 3-4 days a month. I'm just trying to prepare for the worse in terms of the economy (ie: it could hit me soon). Thus, it just doesnt make sense to track something so expensive (car cost wise).
Old 02-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Low 964
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sold my speed yellow GT3 for £50k needed money for house purchase and bought a pukka 964 with the change, brilliant car, on its way to 320 hp
Old 02-09-2009, 10:46 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by Carnerd
Not worried some much about crashing. Financially I can still keep the car and track 3-4 days a month. I'm just trying to prepare for the worse in terms of the economy (ie: it could hit me soon). Thus, it just doesnt make sense to track something so expensive (car cost wise).
If you haven't been affected at all yet by the economy, chances are... yea Enjoy your damn GT3 and keep it.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:18 AM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by iLLM3
If you haven't been affected at all yet by the economy, chances are... yea Enjoy your damn GT3 and keep it.
LOL! Ya, I'm just trying to think smart but it's a very hard way of thinking... Again, it doesnt look like i'll be able to get low 60's with everything so I'll probably set her up for this next season and hope (hopefully not foolishly) for the best.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:55 AM
Porsche917K
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

It'll be fine Colby. In a couple of months we'll all be stimulated back to normal.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:03 AM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Porsche917K
It'll be fine Colby. In a couple of months we'll all be stimulated back to normal.
Hey, you never know.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:08 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,470 Likes on 2,067 Posts

If you haven't been affected by the economy yet, or minimally, your in good shape. It's hard to image that no one will be affected, but to what degree. Sometimes the news affects our perception and the constant negativity makes us believe the sky is falling. The trick is to not panic and do something you will regret when this all passes.

Instead of tracking 4 days a month, why not cut it down to 3 for instance. To keep peace of mind isn't that a reduction of 25%? How about 2 days a month and a spirited drive through the mountains? Less cost, still the fun factor.

Let's keep this all in perceptive folks. This car is a depreciating asset, we all knew that going in. Try to keep that in mind.

Count your blessings that you have such a toy and the health to enjoy it. Look at "Old Guy" on the forum. Back problems prevented him from driving his and he HAD to get rid of it. Your not in that situation. Life is short, play accordingly.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:29 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 814 Likes on 467 Posts

Ya, not in running costs simply in costs of the car. I can have a well prepped e36 for under 25 and a well prepped e46 for under 40. I'm also thinking about an SRF (under 20). I agree that for the most part running costs will be the same but the extra 20-30k will help a lot.

Check your pms!
Pm sent, I should have read this thread before I priced the E46 M3
"""a well prepped e46 for under 40***

Peter
Old 02-10-2009, 12:35 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by Pete
If you haven't been affected by the economy yet, or minimally, your in good shape. It's hard to image that no one will be affected, but to what degree. Sometimes the news affects our perception and the constant negativity makes us believe the sky is falling. The trick is to not panic and do something you will regret when this all passes.

Instead of tracking 4 days a month, why not cut it down to 3 for instance. To keep peace of mind isn't that a reduction of 25%? How about 2 days a month and a spirited drive through the mountains? Less cost, still the fun factor.

Let's keep this all in perceptive folks. This car is a depreciating asset, we all knew that going in. Try to keep that in mind.

Count your blessings that you have such a toy and the health to enjoy it. Look at "Old Guy" on the forum. Back problems prevented him from driving his and he HAD to get rid of it. Your not in that situation. Life is short, play accordingly.
+1, my thoughts exactly!
Old 02-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Pm sent, I should have read this thread before I priced the E46 M3
"""a well prepped e46 for under 40***

Peter
Sorry, I should have clarified. I didn't mean a fully built race car. Just something that would be able to keep up with my GT3. I figure low 20's for the car and roughly 20k in mods would do the trick.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:45 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, I should have clarified. I didn't mean a fully built race car. Just something that would be able to keep up with my GT3. I figure low 20's for the car and roughly 20k in mods would do the trick.

you may need a fully built race car to keep up with the GT3

Quick Reply: Feeler: 04 GT3 possibly for sale