Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CPO question

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 11:11 PM
DRG13
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hear ya Mooty and I agree to..I should have spelled it out clearly, but the last couple CPO'ed cars I bought, it was sort of a given that the warranty was included in the deal through the sales process...this conversation had that same sort of "feel" or "assumption" tone...I can't remember the conversation verbatim, but I was under the impression the CPO warranty was being included...then right before signing, the communication turned sorta cold and the warranty offer for $1990 was put on table....you could even feel the discomfort in the salesperson, I think his manager put him up to it..oh well, live and learn...

I owe Chris (likemystoppie?) for speaking to me in detail about the true interpretation of what CPO really means..

abg,
all my posts are tongue in cheek, I'm not a real serious person, I was really looking forward to flying with my kid to go pick up a car this weekend and have a guys only road trip home (he's only 6 years old, but I prefer his company to most adults)
Old 10-27-2008, 11:58 PM
abg123
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

abg,
all my posts are tongue in cheek, I'm not a real serious person, I was really looking forward to flying with my kid to go pick up a car this weekend and have a guys only road trip home (he's only 6 years old, but I prefer his company to most adults)
No problem.. Road trip sounds good..just make a pragmatic decision
Old 10-28-2008, 11:36 AM
CT03911
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you really want it CPO'd?

If you are ever going to be on a track with the car don't bother CPO'ing it anyways. The dealer will deny warranty coverage down the road (so to speak).
In my opinion the dealer will not pick up a car that is a dog for resale anyways. Why would they? I will never believe they do a "whatever-point check". BS. I'm sure they go over the car for a few minutes but not much more than that.
Street car, negotiate it.
Any track time car....save the CPO money for mod's.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

I'd walk from that deal and report them to the state and cc PCNA. I haven't seen their ad for the car, but if it says CPO, it should already be included in the price. The issue seems very black and white to me.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:30 PM
DRG13
Pro

I don't want to drag this out and keep kicking this dead horse..but here's the latest for anyone interested... here's the latest response when I asked to include the CPO in the deal...

"I have been working on getting the CPO Warranty included and I was able to get them to meet you in the middle. Let me know if splitting the difference will put a deal together."
Old 10-28-2008, 07:03 PM
DRG13
Pro

Final Post....

Sales Manager said he'd throw in CPO warranty at no cost..
Old 10-28-2008, 07:34 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by DRG13
Final Post....

Sales Manager said he'd throw in CPO warranty at no cost..
It was only a matter of time. I'll bet you could do better now that we know how they operate

Press you, try to get a few grand out of you. You back off and then they suddenly see the light. Typical. They know they need to make a sale more than you want a car and you threatening to leave the deal means they might sit on that car for months.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:17 PM
mjb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CT03911
If you are ever going to be on a track with the car don't bother CPO'ing it anyways. The dealer will deny warranty coverage down the road (so to speak).
I've never had a problem with my dealer doing warranty work (including a FMS repair) for my CPO'd car because it is tracked. Car has a roll bar, GT3 seats, harnesses, ...and cracked rotors
Old 10-28-2008, 10:47 PM
D-Uber Cars
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Gentlemen,
It helps to remember that end of the month, end of a quarter and best of all end of a year are always a great time to purchase any high $$ item. Sales are tracked and driven by those calendar events therefore, best time to leverage your hard earned dollars!

Quick Reply: CPO question