Sponsored by:

Why do people fake badge a GT3 a GT3RS?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 10:32 AM
zicoramone
Aficionado
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dell: forget it....animal behavior It's beyond human comprehension...

Old 07-14-2008, 10:36 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Oh dear God, and I thought I'd seen it all. That one just has to take the cake. What cracks me up about that "GT3" Boxster is that his wheels say Boxster on every spoke! Is there anything that he didn't barf the "GT3" logo onto???
Old 07-14-2008, 11:52 AM
One of Twenty
Banned

Awesome.........that GT3 is a full race-prepped one................excellent. The GT3 paint on the rear view mirrors.................I've heard that is good for a full second over the 1/4 mile.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just couldn't resist any longer....Usually I don't give a crap what people think but after reading all the post on decal and badging I decided to seek some humble feedback. I'm just about to complete my 996 3.6L C2 face lift to a GT3. I just love the aero kit and lines of the GT3 but know I can never afford one.
So it is really of bad tast to stick on a GT3 badge after the face lift. I'm talking floor mats, hand brake lever, original wheels and cap and the king of all....rear decklid GT3 emblem? All done in good taste.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake Ok
I just couldn't resist any longer....Usually I don't give a crap what people think but after reading all the post on decal and badging I decided to seek some humble feedback. I'm just about to complete my 996 3.6L C2 face lift to a GT3. I just love the aero kit and lines of the GT3 but know I can never afford one.
So it is really of bad tast to stick on a GT3 badge after the face lift. I'm talking floor mats, hand brake lever, original wheels and cap and the king of all....rear decklid GT3 emblem? All done in good taste.
To each of his own but why in the world would you badge it GT3?
I mean I can understand all the bits and pieces as they make the car look nicer (and perform better) but what's the benefit of having that GT3 badge there?
To fool people to think that it's a GT3? I would be embarrased if someone would come and start asking about the car and I'd have to admit that it's not a real GT3, just a poser... Just my opinion though.
May I add also that happines comes from being proud of what you are and represent (and in some cases what you have, especially for men). A 996 with the aero bits is one helluva nice car, be proud of it and don't try to pretend it's something it isn't.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:14 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

IMHO, that's worse (but still in the same liar liar pants on fire club) than the GT3 being badged GT3RS as the C2 isn't anything close to a GT3. Why not do one of the following for the rear decklid:

1. Carrera
2. 911
3. No badge (let people guess)

ps. you are not doing a GT3 facelift but rather a 996C2 aero.

Perfect example is the MB e-class I bought my wife a couple months ago for her birthday is NOT the E63 model but I was able to order it with the "AMG" package for "x" amount of money. It have some upgraded bits, the AMG wheels, quad exhaust and aerokit, even the paddle shift steering wheel. But it does NOT have the AMG gauges, and more importantly the AMG logo (or the E63) logo on the trunklid. It's a stunning car and one that is still well over $60K and I feel no need to lie about what it is.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:32 PM
charlesml3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was a set of photos on the 996 forum here several months ago. Speed Yellow GT3. Except for the Tiptronic Transmission, you'd never know it was really a mocked up C2. Nothing wrong with a C2 but it just isn't a GT3....

-Charles
Old 07-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LVDell
IMHO, that's worse (but still in the same liar liar pants on fire club) than the GT3 being badged GT3RS as the C2 isn't anything close to a GT3. Why not do one of the following for the rear decklid:

1. Carrera
2. 911
3. No badge (let people guess)

ps. you are not doing a GT3 facelift but rather a 996C2 aero.

Perfect example is the MB e-class I bought my wife a couple months ago for her birthday is NOT the E63 model but I was able to order it with the "AMG" package for "x" amount of money. It have some upgraded bits, the AMG wheels, quad exhaust and aerokit, even the paddle shift steering wheel. But it does NOT have the AMG gauges, and more importantly the AMG logo (or the E63) logo on the trunklid. It's a stunning car and one that is still well over $60K and I feel no need to lie about what it is.

OK....Carrera it is.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:46 PM
lig
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That guy probably rocks a fake Rolex.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:19 PM
zicoramone
Aficionado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lig
That guy probably rocks a fake Rolex.
I'm sure he has a genuine "Casio-Rolex"
Old 07-14-2008, 09:37 PM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
This is wrong on just so many levels now.......especially if he is telling you that he special ordered it that way. That is the part that blows my mind. It's one thing to say "no, it's not a RS but I love them so I added some of the flair to mine" (like Juha did with the CS logo) but now this lie is just over the top as that points to something much worse (personality-wise) than just trying to copy another car.........
Yeah, that's really screwed up. You'd have to be crazy to lie about your "special" car.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:44 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Keith, couldn't agree more. Posing is one thing but to lie about it is taking it to a whole 'nother level
Old 07-14-2008, 10:05 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

OK....Carrera it is.
Good choice.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:47 PM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by carn3rd
Good choice.
May be someday the real stuff...LOL
Old 07-14-2008, 11:54 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

OK....Carrera it is.
Jake - Just my opinion, but I really like Dell's third option: no badging at all.

I have always enjoyed the guess factor when looking at high-end sports cars, especially when in Europe. I then have to take a close look at the driver to *guess* what he/she has under the hood & rest of car...

My $0.02,
-Blake

Quick Reply: Why do people fake badge a GT3 a GT3RS?