Sponsored by:

Opinion needed on Interior with GT3 seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 09:40 PM
DupaHead
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinion needed on Interior with GT3 seats

Alright guys, I think I am being overly ****, but I'll let you be the judge.

Im about to pull the trigger on GT3 seats (blk leather) along with red harnesses and harness bar.

Heres the concern...
My interior is full of carbon fiber pieces as well as red deviated stictching. My concern is that the blk leather GT3 seats will look out of place unless they have the carbon fiber back and/or red stitching.

The question..
Do you think the red harnesses should help offset the fact that the seats don't have red stitching? Or am I just completely nutz and need someone to slap the senses back into me???!
Old 07-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DupaHead
Alright guys, I think I am being overly ****, but I'll let you be the judge.

Im about to pull the trigger on GT3 seats (blk leather) along with red harnesses and harness bar.

Heres the concern...
My interior is full of carbon fiber pieces as well as red deviated stictching. My concern is that the blk leather GT3 seats will look out of place unless they have the carbon fiber back and/or red stitching.

The question..
Do you think the red harnesses should help offset the fact that the seats don't have red stitching? Or am I just completely nutz and need someone to slap the senses back into me???!
Considering most wont even see the back of your shells yes you're completely nuts. And i think the red belts will offset the black very nicely. After all, finding a set of Euro shells with red stitching is extremely unlikely. If anything you could send them to GMG and have their people do it for you. It's extremely expensive but maybe worth it for you.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Austin
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Let me throw in the clincher, do you want fixed seats with shells? If so, GT3 Euro seats are them, you're already on the path, get them and don't look back.

Why? They'll emphasize the entire car, even from 10 or 10 (10 miles an hour or 10 feet away (a distance and speed no one could even notice CF from / in). As for the red stitching, and carbon... if after you purchase and install you feel they don't add enough style points, then remove the plastic port trim pieces and have them overlaid with carbon fiber or painted red (ugh).

I suspect you'll buy them, install them, and be so happy with the new look and feeling, that you'll just enjoy the whole deal and start assembling the rest of your suspension components list.

Just my buck 'o two.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:13 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Austin
Let me throw in the clincher, do you want fixed seats with shells? If so, GT3 Euro seats are them, you're already on the path, get them and don't look back.

Why? They'll emphasize the entire car, even from 10 or 10 (10 miles an hour or 10 feet away (a distance and speed no one could even notice CF from / in). As for the red stitching, and carbon... if after you purchase and install you feel they don't add enough style points, then remove the plastic port trim pieces and have them overlaid with carbon fiber or painted red (ugh).

I suspect you'll buy them, install them, and be so happy with the new look and feeling, that you'll just enjoy the whole deal and start assembling the rest of your suspension components list.

Just my buck 'o two.
Case closed!
Old 07-03-2008, 01:05 AM
Carefree
Pro

Dupa, you are thinking about this "color scheme" way too deep.
The only thing that matters is, your safety and the fact the items you are about to add, fill that need.
Here is a pic of my interior, while I am no interior decorator, this seemed to work! At the track, no one cares about color coordination.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:09 AM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 94 Posts

You might look at the Recaros that Speedware Motorsports in WA have. I know they had some with yellow deviated stitching. They may have them with the red. Same seat, just won't have the Porsche crest on them.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:18 AM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ltcjmramos
You might look at the Recaros that Speedware Motorsports in WA have. I know they had some with yellow deviated stitching. They may have them with the red. Same seat, just won't have the Porsche crest on them.
+1. I forgot about those. Here's another option if it concerns you that much.

http://www.speedwaremotorsports.com/...OD&ProdID=7368
Old 07-03-2008, 01:34 AM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

The red stitching would be a nice touch but the $$$'s are best spent elsewhere. I have red harnesses but take off all but the inner lap belt and crotch belt for the street and there's still plenty of red for contrast. Some CF would look good...I had the roll bar powder coated satin black to make it less visible.
Attached Images  
Old 07-03-2008, 01:40 AM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

I also think you wouldn't miss the red stitching. There's enough red with the harnesses.

Also remember that in order for the details you want to stand out like CF and red, you need the contrast of a different colour to make it pop. Don't go too crazy with adding CF and red everywhere.

Cheers,
Old 07-03-2008, 10:21 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ltcjmramos
They also have Recaro carbon fiber (RS) seats $6,500 I think is the price but they look, as Billy Crystal says: MARVELOUS
Old 07-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Carefree
Pro

Dupa,
When your passing other cars, they will not be thinking about your color combinations, just how fast you are!

04 GT3, euro seats, tequipment bar, Schroth harnesses, differential upgrade, Fabspeed Full Exhaust and ECU upgrade, Champion RG5 wheels, Hoosier R6's, RS C.F Wing w/8 degree shims, neg. camber alignment.

Previous Mentionable Cars:
06 BMW M3 SMG - Tracked
01 911 Twin Turbo - Fast
02 Honda S2000, lots of fun!
77 930 Turbo – A real Handful
81 911SC – My first Porsche
68 Shelby GT500 – all Original
70 Mach-1 – Black Beauty
Old 07-03-2008, 12:46 PM
DRG13
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dupa,

Look in the mirror, raise your right hand, smack yourself....then go for a drive
Old 07-03-2008, 02:00 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,993 Likes on 562 Posts

Originally Posted by DRG13
Dupa,

Look in the mirror, raise your right hand, smack yourself....then go for a drive

+1
Old 07-03-2008, 04:21 PM
D-Uber Cars
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Red deviated stitched leather GT3 seats are nice however, with red harnesses you'll be happy w/the "look" you are after. Once you sit in them and drive, it won't matter as much as you thought.

Last edited by D-Uber Cars; 07-03-2008 at 04:22 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-03-2008, 05:07 PM
gt3'er
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

If you're into some color, consider the cloth version. They have colored crests in the headrest that has some red in it and looks great. I've got the CF backs on mine. They weigh 2.0 lbs less than the GRP version, but you can't hardly see the CF anyway, unless you are short and have the seat way forward. As others have said, once its done, you probably won't care at all.

Quick Reply: Opinion needed on Interior with GT3 seats