Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitto NT01 --- new convert

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 12:45 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Fred, the Nitto's will last longer than the MPSC. The MPSC will probably be 1 sec faster on a typical 2.5 mile track but they are very tempermental tires. They will let go without obvious warning and they need to be run in warmer temps. On the other hand the NT01 is a talk that will "talk" to you so they are VERY EASY to control and manipulate. IMHO, the Nitto is one of the best bang for the buck tires out there. I have tried just about everything out there but I made the mistake of sampling the apple from the tree know as slicks. Once you try slicks everything else pales in comparison and you just want more

As far as sizes. In the fronts, 245 is usually the size of choice and in the rears 305 or 315 is the tire of choice depending on the manufacturer since some make 305's and some make 315's.

My two favorite NON-slicks (ie, R-comps) are the NT01 and the R6. Obviously the Hoosier is a bit more ($) but offers grip that is almost on par with a slick! The NT01 can get almost 2x the HC's that R6 gets but well worth it in my opinion.

If I wasn't running slicks I would run the R6.

Quick Reply: Nitto NT01 --- new convert