Sponsored by:

Dealer playing games with a GT2

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 03:56 PM
lightguy
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Dealer playing games with a GT2

Contacted the local dealer this AM about a GT2 for sale cheap as per Autotrader ad. Saleslady and I talked about this car which I knew previously; GT3 seats, roll bar, seal grey. Car had been tracked hard but this price was great. She said she would call me back in 15 minutes with more details.
Called back and said car was owned by Porsche leasing and was not available for sale. Balloon pops. I asked for her to offer Porsche leasing an offer. She trys to steer me towards another car, which they dont have BTW. Of course that will be higher priced. I say thanks anyhow.
This sounds like some kind of game so I call the sales manager 30 minutes later. He tells me the car was a Turbo not GT2 and its been sold. Original listing was caused by an outside advertising agency error. Stories.
I check Autotrader 2 hours later and the car is gone.
I'm pissed. I think someone within the dealership scooped the car after bringing it to their attention and missed a killer deal.
What now ? I want this car but dont know how to procede.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:32 PM
lowside67
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

If it's gone, it's gone. Doesnt matter how much you want it, nothing that can be done at this point in time. And that's assuming it existed in the first place.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

The best thing to do is to make a mental note of not ever contacting that dealer again for anything.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:09 AM
lightguy
Racer

Sleeping on it you guys are right. Move on and take a note.

I was supposed to searching for a car for my wife anyhow.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:26 PM
lightguy
Racer

Small world;
This is the car in that "other" Dallas GT2 thread.

I've decided to take the high road and not talk about the seller but focus on the car itself.

The car had some roughness on the surface of the paint. Not sure if this was something like a clear overspray that might be accumulated from being in a shop while another car was painted or sap drip from trees or what.
Interior needed to be cleaned. In today's market for this very limited pool of GT2 buyers first impressions are important.
Car has been modded as stated in the craigslist ad. EVO intake, headers, and cats. Probably chipped but who is to say ? When and how many miles since ?
Car had 43k miles plus.
HRE logos were nowhere on the aftermarket wheels leads me to believe they were imitations.

Like I said small world. Still somewhat interested in the car but the price, for me, is too high for condition, miles, modifications, lack of history, and today's market.
I can wait.

I should mention current owner bought the car from the Dealer listed at the top of the thread and is now reselling it.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:01 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lightguy
Small world;
This is the car in that "other" Dallas GT2 thread.

I've decided to take the high road and not talk about the seller but focus on the car itself.

The car had some roughness on the surface of the paint. Not sure if this was something like a clear overspray that might be accumulated from being in a shop while another car was painted or sap drip from trees or what.
Interior needed to be cleaned. In today's market for this very limited pool of GT2 buyers first impressions are important.
Car has been modded as stated in the craigslist ad. EVO intake, headers, and cats. Probably chipped but who is to say ? When and how many miles since ?
Car had 43k miles plus.
HRE logos were nowhere on the aftermarket wheels leads me to believe they were imitations.

Like I said small world. Still somewhat interested in the car but the price, for me, is too high for condition, miles, modifications, lack of history, and today's market.
I can wait.

I should mention current owner bought the car from the Dealer listed at the top of the thread and is now reselling it.
WOW!

Please wait, be patient..2+ years ago I sifted through the market , top to bottom and finally found the one for me... Has been trouble free for over 2 years, i'll keep my eye out for you.. PM me with what you are looking for in a GT2, color/options and mods if any/miles/year/etc
Old 02-25-2009, 02:01 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,086 Likes on 622 Posts

Originally Posted by Holger B
The best thing to do is to make a mental note of not ever contacting that dealer again for anything.
+1.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:32 PM
CT03911
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a clean '05 Tundra that will make you forget all about a GT2. Doublecab with 53k miles. Not chipped, it has unlimited mod potential!!
Sounds like you did well to avoid that dealer.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:48 PM
ssort
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did they ever post a VIN? if you run that you might at least find out what it really was.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:18 AM
ron_dargenio
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by lightguy
Contacted the local dealer this AM about a GT2 for sale cheap as per Autotrader ad. Saleslady and I talked about this car which I knew previously; GT3 seats, roll bar, seal grey. Car had been tracked hard but this price was great. She said she would call me back in 15 minutes with more details.
Called back and said car was owned by Porsche leasing and was not available for sale. Balloon pops. I asked for her to offer Porsche leasing an offer. She trys to steer me towards another car, which they dont have BTW. Of course that will be higher priced. I say thanks anyhow.
This sounds like some kind of game so I call the sales manager 30 minutes later. He tells me the car was a Turbo not GT2 and its been sold. Original listing was caused by an outside advertising agency error. Stories.
I check Autotrader 2 hours later and the car is gone.
I'm pissed. I think someone within the dealership scooped the car after bringing it to their attention and missed a killer deal.
What now ? I want this car but dont know how to procede.
The advice offered by others and your own conclusion after sleeping on it are correct. An advertised car is simply an offer to sell. Until there is a buyer's order signed by both parties, there is pretty much nothing you could have done anyway.

Quick Reply: Dealer playing games with a GT2