Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 08:35 AM
silverboy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aktung baby - my new 6 GT2

Pics of my new ride

Hi all,

Just picked up my new baby over the weekend and here are a few impressions.

What a hell of a ride! It's like my former 7 GT3 on steroids. Gobbles of torque and yet good top end. Handling is razor sharp & communicative. Very interactive and involving w/c is just what I want. Helps bring back the 'thrill of driving'. Respect it and it'll give you lot's of rewards. Not as bad as the reviews and mags say about it being a 'widowmaker'. Probably true if you don't have half a brain in terms of driving high performance cars. Slow in and fast out is all you have to remember and you're fine. But of course, modulate your 'fast out' or you'll get the rear out w/c is fun in my opinion. Brakes are awesome of course and suspension is fine for the street but damping is a bit soft so I may adjust a bit. I love this car. At long last I've had my dream car. And for what - half it's MSRP w/ 5K miles on the odometer. I can't wait to take this to the track and really take it to the limit. Took it to 285Km/hr on a few stretches today. I'll probably get a GIAC reflash to take it to 525bhp and that's it. Beyond that will likely distort its dynamics. For a drag race, I think a modded X50 will do more justice. This is a car that will give you back constant feedback as if you had a few expressos. I urge all of you who don't have one to consider one if one is available. Only 1,061 units were made globally. They say 25% were trashed so supply is gonna be tight.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:19 AM
930man
Rennlist Member

awseome you love her i left the 7 gt3 for one... i did lil suspension work on mine and it is fast as hell
Old 03-30-2008, 01:33 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Nice !
Old 03-30-2008, 01:53 PM
triode
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 20 Posts

Sweet!
Old 03-30-2008, 02:55 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 222 Likes on 111 Posts

Sweet. White looks phenomenal.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:25 PM
ex10psi
Racer

wow, that is a really clean example of a GT2, rare find, nice one!
Old 03-30-2008, 10:49 PM
GT3 Racer
Rennlist Member

Sweet!! and by the way it's Achtung
Old 03-30-2008, 11:21 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Absolutely love the 2's and 3's in white! Enjoy in good health, she's a beauty!!!
Old 03-30-2008, 11:51 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

CONGRATS that car is gorgeous... One thing you MUST do, is add in the lwfw/clutch combo, it transforms the car as well as Moton's, then get ready to exploit the true dynamics of that car

I have been having a BLAST in my GT2, I will never get rid of it!

Enjoy it in the best of health!

Martin
Old 03-31-2008, 01:28 AM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Congrats! Welcome to the '2' club
Old 04-01-2008, 11:04 AM
zicoramone
Aficionado
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Uau. Stunning car!
Old 04-04-2008, 03:15 AM
iLLM3
Drifting

Well fellas, Peter's madness has already begun. I'll let him chime in hah!
Old 04-04-2008, 08:32 PM
96 993
Advanced

Congratulations, Silverboy. It looks like a beauty. Live with it a while before you flash it. You may find it's really very well balanced for the street if that's where most of your driving is going to be. These cars can be stuck in traffic on a hot day on the George Wasington Bridge for an hour with the AC on, and then, without losing a beat break their wheels lose on the entrance ramp to the river parkway. Very composed. Very stable. Although I must admit, if my engine had to come out, I would do the LWFW for sure. And that would be the only modification I'd do for the street. (Track would need suspension.)
Old 04-04-2008, 10:43 PM
silverboy
Burning Brakes

Thanks 96 993 but the bug has bit me and thanks to the help of iLLM3 aka Martin RUF, I have just ordered Moton's and the complete rear suspension upgrade (dog bone, toe steerer, thrust arm bushings...etc). While indeed the car is balanced for the street, I felt the stock suspension was over sprung and under damped. I also felt it to be a bit edgy on the corners when driven a bit hard. With this power and torque, I felt it would be safer and hence more fun to do some work in the handling dep't. I just placed an order to Fabryce of GMG who has been very helpful. Next step is the RUF LWFW and the reflash. I got the disease and it feels real good!!

Peter
Old 04-04-2008, 10:56 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by 96 993
Congratulations, Silverboy. It looks like a beauty. Live with it a while before you flash it. You may find it's really very well balanced for the street if that's where most of your driving is going to be. These cars can be stuck in traffic on a hot day on the George Wasington Bridge for an hour with the AC on, and then, without losing a beat break their wheels lose on the entrance ramp to the river parkway. Very composed. Very stable. Although I must admit, if my engine had to come out, I would do the LWFW for sure. And that would be the only modification I'd do for the street. (Track would need suspension.)
Haha true to that... I had it sideways in the 90 degree summer heat last year taking my buddy at Manhattan Motorcars for a ride, getting on the Westside Highway

Your in NY???

Originally Posted by silverboy
Thanks 96 993 but the bug has bit me and thanks to the help of iLLM3 aka Martin RUF, I have just ordered Moton's and the complete rear suspension upgrade (dog bone, toe steerer, thrust arm bushings...etc). While indeed the car is balanced for the street, I felt the stock suspension was over sprung and under damped. I also felt it to be a bit edgy on the corners when driven a bit hard. With this power and torque, I felt it would be safer and hence more fun to do some work in the handling dep't. I just placed an order to Fabryce of GMG who has been very helpful. Next step is the RUF LWFW and the reflash. I got the disease and it feels real good!!

Peter
Peter congrats again man, be safe and enjoy the hell out of it. The Motons will totally transform the car, can't wait to hear your impressions!

Quick Reply: Aktung baby - my new 6 GT2