Opinions on my 2004 GT3 value

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 11:48 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
additional information:

The paint is in great conditions, because it has clear bra on the sensitive areas. However, the bottom of the rocker panels are sand blasted.

I would post high resolution pictures if the car goes for sale. I'm unable to sell it until I find another car, and I'm struggling to find a car.

We will test the 997 RS bar fitment today. The car is going for the CA inspection today or next week. I'm going to perform a leakdown test as requested by a few PM.

As of now, the upgrades listed as on hold are not for sale, because some of them will go on my new ride. However, if I'm forced by Porsche Cars North America to buy a car from a different brand, then I would sell these parts as well, unless I decide to keep the car.

As of now, I'm looking for a Green RS with PCCB and no A/C. I could settle for Orange. No White/Silver/Black for me. If the RS doesn't happen, I will have to switch to another brand, because Porsche doesn't have any other car of my interest within that price range.
How about an insane RUF R-GT2 with Motons and nicely setup

Martin
Old 10-15-2007, 05:47 AM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NJ-GT go go go go go
Old 10-17-2007, 03:51 AM
iLLM3
Drifting

So how bout it
Old 10-17-2007, 02:10 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

This is the list of cars I'm considering in order of preference:

- 997 GT3RS
- 996 GT3 Cup & 997 C4
- 996 GT2

The RS at its current market price is not attractive to me. Even though it's an amazing car, at $165k (cheapest I have found) it is still a $60k 997 with a body kit. At that price, I think a 2006 Gallardo is a better deal.

I'm keeping my car for a few months more. A nice thing about a 996 GT2 is that I can swap all the suspension parts with my car.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:45 PM
DanH
Three Wheelin'

This is the list of cars I'm considering in order of preference:

- 997 GT3RS
- 996 GT3 Cup & 997 C4
- 996 GT2

The RS at its current market price is not attractive to me. Even though it's an amazing car, at $165k (cheapest I have found) it is still a $60k 997 with a body kit. At that price, I think a 2006 Gallardo is a better deal.

I'm keeping my car for a few months more. A nice thing about a 996 GT2 is that I can swap all the suspension parts with my car.
The thing I find odd is that your car with those mods should be quicker than any stock 7RS. In light of that whats your motivation to change?
Old 10-17-2007, 03:06 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DanH
The thing I find odd is that your car with those mods should be quicker than any stock 7RS. In light of that whats your motivation to change?
My car compared to a stock 997 GT3 RS is not just quicker, it is much quicker.

However, a 997 GT3 RS with 300 lbs removed, wider wheels/tires, modified transmission and suspension should be faster and more fun. The suspension parts are compatible with my car.

I think the 997 GT3 RS is the best looking 911 ever made. A wide body, normally aspirated 911, not too heavy (if properly optioned) and 8,400rpm redline.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Nj-Gt i would love to se you in a GT2
Old 10-17-2007, 04:14 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Rad did you know that there's a fully set up GT2 that a husband/wife team run in POC's time trial series? They've done lots of setup work to the car and I was blown away by how well it handles. I instructed the wife one day last spring on the infield course at Cal Speedway. Not just fast with incredible brakes, but netural handling way beyond my expectations. Now if you only get your *** out to one of our events...
Here's the only pic of the car I could find quickly....
Old 10-17-2007, 04:24 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Rad did you know that there's a fully set up GT2 that a husband/wife team run in POC's time trial series? They've done lots of setup work to the car and I was blown away by how well it handles. I instructed the wife one day last spring on the infield course at Cal Speedway. Not just fast with incredible brakes, but netural handling way beyond my expectations. Now if you only get your *** out to one of our events...
Exactly how my car feels fully setup with Moton's, makes the stock GT2 suspension feel sloppy and so unstable!
Old 10-17-2007, 05:20 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

John,

My car is supposed to be ready next week. We are just waiting for the Schroth Racing harnesses. The RS rollbar was installed at the same place where I bought it (911 Design). I got it painted Seal Grey.

We got a new set of ERP toe links installed at the front-end, to fix the bump steer that has been annoying me since day 1 with the car.

When is the next POC event?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:00 PM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

John,

My car is supposed to be ready next week. We are just waiting for the Schroth Racing harnesses. The RS rollbar was installed at the same place where I bought it (911 Design). I got it painted Seal Grey.

We got a new set of ERP toe links installed at the front-end, to fix the bump steer that has been annoying me since day 1 with the car.

Please give me a picture of the ERp toe links in the front later then, im doing the same this winter
Old 10-17-2007, 08:53 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

We're racing at Sears Point/Infineon weekend after next, then the final short track of the year at "Streets of Willow" on Nov. 10-11th. We have the final race and TT for the year on the big track at Willow Springs Dec.1-2.

You should come out and play on the short track in Nov. and meet some racers and get introduced round. Then hit the big track in Dec. for the time trials. You need to get introduced to Marty Mehterian our Chief Driving Instructor and get him to take a check out ride with you. Loren can set all that up....
Old 10-17-2007, 09:02 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,691 Likes on 2,339 Posts

rad,

i drove with POC at laguna. great group of mature drivers.
you will enjoy it.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:53 PM
MovingChicane
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

Isn't that the San Diego couple? Car setup by GMG?
Old 11-03-2007, 07:26 PM
stuart_w
Instructor

You might want to consider trying to sell it oversease (Australia and New Zealand) as a prepared track car. My bog standard 03 GT3 cost me US$123,000 to purchase. A new 997GT3 costs US$240,000. Left Hand drive is not road legal but fine for the track and there might be some interest overseas for your car. Importing cars is quite easy.

Quick Reply: Opinions on my 2004 GT3 value