Opinions on my 2004 GT3 value

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 02:11 AM
Hank Cohn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Rad,

I can assure you that the 7 GT3 will not dissapoint you. While I haven't had my new-to-me 6 GT3 on the track yet I have enjoyed several days of track time in my recently departed 7 GT3. The car was amazing. I don't know if you are familiar with Road Atlanta, but straight out of the box with no mods on stock tires the car turned consistent high 1:35s. This was during the hot summer! I would estimate a high 1:33 on a cool April day - easy.

While driving on the street isn't much of an indicator or track performance, the 7 GT3 feels a good bit more powerfull.

Hank
Old 10-04-2007, 02:35 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hank Cohn
Rad,

I can assure you that the 7 GT3 will not dissapoint you. While I haven't had my new-to-me 6 GT3 on the track yet I have enjoyed several days of track time in my recently departed 7 GT3. The car was amazing. I don't know if you are familiar with Road Atlanta, but straight out of the box with no mods on stock tires the car turned consistent high 1:35s. This was during the hot summer! I would estimate a high 1:33 on a cool April day - easy.

While driving on the street isn't much of an indicator or track performance, the 7 GT3 feels a good bit more powerfull.

Hank
1:35 at Road Atlanta with a stock car is fast, very fast.

I've driven two 7GT3 so far, one of them BobbyC's RS. The car is heavy, but it has potential. It's definitely less raw, and more refined than the 6GT3, but that's something that can be fixed.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:02 AM
ron_dargenio
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

[QUOTE=mooty;4638311]i woiuld say 60-65k tops.
35k miles is when the car explodes and self destructs, so they say.... QUOTE]

Hey Mooty...I never heard this one...can you elaborate? TIA
Old 10-04-2007, 11:12 AM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ron_dargenio
Originally Posted by mooty
i woiuld say 60-65k tops.
35k miles is when the car explodes and self destructs, so they say....
I guess he meant that this is what people who are buying said cars think.. I'm sure the car will hold up nicely for a few 100k miles....
Old 10-04-2007, 11:50 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

If the M96 motors are exceeding 100K miles then you know the M64 motor will sail right on by!
Old 10-04-2007, 12:01 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,629 Likes on 2,314 Posts

[QUOTE=ron_dargenio;4639520]
Originally Posted by mooty
i woiuld say 60-65k tops.
35k miles is when the car explodes and self destructs, so they say.... QUOTE]

what i mean is that once your car nears 30k, call me, i will buy it off you for 15k so you dont have to worry about rebuilds.

seriously, i have noticed the many p car buyers are very afraid of mileage. anything more than 10k, they REALLY freak out. i showed them a larger chip on the rear bumper as i bottom'd out on a driverway, you would not believe how much their eyes cringed. you just got to find the right buyer.

i sold my m3 with blown motor and my lotus which has more rock chips than you can possibly fathom to a track junkie and car mechanic. they sent me the money and never looked at the car and didn't care about chips or all the negatives i disclosed. these are the ppl you want to find when you want to sell a GT3 that's is "used".
Old 10-04-2007, 12:50 PM
mjb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree with mid-60's range. These things are sensitive to mileage and track use. I'm sure you'll find a track junkie in CA looking for a well sorted GT3...and yours is probably one of the best out there.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:13 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Rad,
There are buyers out there...I for one would love to purchase a car like yours that saves me time and money that I would spend modding it myslef. Sadly I'd have to liquidate the C2 pretty quickly before getting really serious though...and I'd need the Motons on the car!

As a professional detailer...I have to ask how's the paint holding up in the trouble areas for a track car?

Andy
Old 10-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Supermonkey
Track Day

Anyone know what the rebuild cost is on these GT3 motors yet?
Old 10-04-2007, 03:25 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

$4675 (55 hours @ $85/hr) plus parts at Synergy Racing local to me at VIR. Not quite sure what all the parts are involved.

Here is a link: http://synergyracing.com/service.htm
Old 10-04-2007, 06:46 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should keep the car!

Let us know if the 997 bar fits in your 996... I have been curious about this...
Old 10-04-2007, 08:08 PM
tdf360
Pro

[QUOTE=mooty;4639767]
Originally Posted by ron_dargenio

seriously, i have noticed the many p car buyers are very afraid of mileage. anything more than 10k, they REALLY freak out.
Sounds like the Ferrari disease is spreading.

Gary
Old 10-04-2007, 11:43 PM
ron_dargenio
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

[QUOTE=mooty;4639767][QUOTE=ron_dargenio;4639520]

what i mean is that once your car nears 30k, call me, i will buy it off you for 15k so you dont have to worry about rebuilds.

That's good to know!!!

seriously, i have noticed the many p car buyers are very afraid of mileage. anything more than 10k, they REALLY freak out.

10K....what a joke!!!!
Old 10-05-2007, 01:34 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

additional information:

The paint is in great conditions, because it has clear bra on the sensitive areas. However, the bottom of the rocker panels are sand blasted.

I would post high resolution pictures if the car goes for sale. I'm unable to sell it until I find another car, and I'm struggling to find a car.

We will test the 997 RS bar fitment today. The car is going for the CA inspection today or next week. I'm going to perform a leakdown test as requested by a few PM.

As of now, the upgrades listed as on hold are not for sale, because some of them will go on my new ride. However, if I'm forced by Porsche Cars North America to buy a car from a different brand, then I would sell these parts as well, unless I decide to keep the car.

As of now, I'm looking for a Green RS with PCCB and no A/C. I could settle for Orange. No White/Silver/Black for me. If the RS doesn't happen, I will have to switch to another brand, because Porsche doesn't have any other car of my interest within that price range.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:22 PM
mjb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
additional information:

As of now, I'm looking for a Green RS with PCCB and no A/C. I could settle for Orange. No White/Silver/Black for me. If the RS doesn't happen, I will have to switch to another brand, because Porsche doesn't have any other car of my interest within that price range.
Man, your spec will be difficult to fulfill. While I understand the weight saving aspects of AC delete, unless you're going to trailer your car you will appreciate AC here in Cali driving to the track...especially on those 100deg+ days at Buttonwillow.

Also, while the RS certainly has the allure, why not a standard 997GT3 as an option? Stock for stock not giving anything up on the track. And, for the price differential (especially with the "market adjustment" on the RS today) you could mod the hell out of the std GT3, have a more capable track weapon, and most probably pocket some decent change as well.

In any case, good luck in your search.

Quick Reply: Opinions on my 2004 GT3 value