Sponsored by:

Pics of happy wheels.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 11:23 PM
CT03911
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of happy wheels.

Got all four off today to detail the wells and rotors pretty well. Two coats of American wheel Wax on all. First pics since the clear bra went on too. Basically Klasse sealer followed by P21s but won't bore you with a layer by layer log. Let's just say "plenty".

This week: Full detail. ATE 200 brake and clutch fluid changeout. RS brake coolers installed. Four wheel balance. Clear bra. Track alignment, ride height checked, sway bar ajustments.

Bumper plugs in the mail.
Attached Images        
Old 04-15-2007, 12:10 AM
GT3 Chuck
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like you are about ready to hit it...set the ride height first then corner balance then the alignment...have fun
Old 04-15-2007, 07:23 PM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

How much did you lower the car and where did you set your sway bars?
Thanks
Rick
Old 04-18-2007, 11:01 AM
CT03911
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car wasn't lowered Rick. I discussed the setup with Dan from Hairy Dog Garage in Oxford CT. I wasn't ready to spend a ton of money on wholesale changes to a car I haven't even had on a track, despite hearing it can be quirky. I wanted to do the first few events on stock rubber and brakes, see what I have and get comfortable, then move to better pads and Cup tires. Dan checked the ride height to make sure there wasn't an issue here. Next he adjusted the sway bar settings from stock. The front bar went back one hole the back bar two holes, I believe. I can double check where it is now when I get home Friday to be sure. Next they did a track alignment for turn in and tire wear issues.

His biggest concern is the car feeling like it's "unloading" off a corner and that lightening of the rears is where he says guys are finding it wants to swap ends.

Quick Reply: Pics of happy wheels.