Sponsored by:

Outstanding GT3 For Sale - What Price?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 04:12 PM
tar6day
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Islandboy, I am wondering if you tried selling this car last year or if you are a dealer? Reason I ask is when I was looking a year ago for my GT3, I was sent a picture of a red GT3 in front of that identical house with a red gt3 that had the same interior scheme. Good luck on your sell."

Yeah, I thought the same thing. I know there is an E-Bay dealership that advertise their cars in front of that house b/c it is in all their auction pictures. The carpet vacumming in alternating directions is another sign of this dealership. I don't know anything about Islandboy or the dealership just the common link.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:55 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by bam
Islandboy, I am wondering if you tried selling this car last year or if you are a dealer? Reason I ask is when I was looking a year ago for my GT3, I was sent a picture of a red GT3 in front of that identical house with a red gt3 that had the same interior scheme. Good luck on your sell.

bob
Take a look here. I wondered tghe same thing and checked. Looks like he only owned the car for 11-12 months. The photos are from the dealer prior to his purchase???

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-gt2-gt3-forum/259600-new-gt3-owner.html
Old 02-25-2007, 05:14 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

I like how the guys looking for one are saying we are gonna see $50K Gt3s next year and the ones who have them give a more realistic price-IF they get that low I would never sell-the car is worth too much to me and what I get out of it, would cost way more. Maybe if you have a salvage GT3 with 75K miles you can get one for 50K
alot of people are looking right now given the cost of a new 997. And in the spring there will be more buyers. But one with low miles and this good of condition is going to fetch a good price.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:40 PM
Mr Michael B

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
I like how the guys looking for one are saying we are gonna see $50K Gt3s next year and the ones who have them give a more realistic price-IF they get that low I would never sell-the car is worth too much to me and what I get out of it, would cost way more. Maybe if you have a salvage GT3 with 75K miles you can get one for 50K
alot of people are looking right now given the cost of a new 997. And in the spring there will be more buyers. But one with low miles and this good of condition is going to fetch a good price.
Right on OG. +1
Old 02-25-2007, 07:33 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

That is what I was saying. This is probably not a good place to ask for pricing when some are looking to buy and want to drvie the asking price way down. Of course, some sellers have no patience and when they decide to sell they want to do so immediately (hence they sell below market price).
Old 02-26-2007, 01:01 AM
jetprop
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I can see some truth to that statement here, but frankly, I don't this group can sway the market too much as real buyers make the market. I've seen a couple of the cheaper cars - one silver one in AZ recently - and I can say that I was running in the other direction. $80-85k is certainly a reasonable buy imho for a nice car that has what you want.

Bruce

edit: oh, did I mention I have a Ford GT to trade??
Old 02-26-2007, 07:23 AM
IslandBoy
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all the feedback guys! First of all, no am not a dealer, just a regular Porsche enthusiast. The only reason I am selling it is I have too many cars, and am trying to get down to two. I did buy the car from a dealer and it still looks the exact same, so did not feel the need to take new exterior pictures. The interior one showing the Euro seats was taken this weekend.
From what I can tell there seems to be two schools of thought. High 70's and mid 80's. So based on that, I am listing it at $81,900. Obviously I may be a bit biased, however I think thats ALOT of car for that money and would make a great deal for the buyer. Thanks Again for all the great feedback!
Old 02-26-2007, 02:01 PM
HMS
Racer

$82K is a fair price. Car looks very clean.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:12 AM
Larry Harris
Burning Brakes

IslandBoy,
Stick to your price! A high quality example should bring a high price.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:52 PM
HMS
Racer

Check this out....your car is a steal compared to this....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 02-28-2007, 11:13 AM
Olav A.
Racer

This1200 mile example didn't even break 80K.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:51 AM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Wink My $0.02, not that anyone care

Originally Posted by Olav A.
This1200 mile example didn't even break 80K.
If it is not a track driven car, IMHO, lower than 10,000 miles on the odo by any amount is not getting $5000 more on the selling price. I think the color and tasteful options are what bring the extra $.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:53 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Why 6 owners though? Am I missing something?

BTW ... FREE Carfax listed on cars.com ad

CARFAX
Attached Images
Old 02-28-2007, 12:26 PM
Olav A.
Racer

Originally Posted by ///Mous3
If it is not a track driven car, IMHO, lower than 10,000 miles on the odo by any amount is not getting $5000 more on the selling price. I think the color and tasteful options are what bring the extra $.
Speaking from experience, I'd say that options and color steer the buyer towards the car more than affect the actual selling price.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:59 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

that 77K car did not sell so its a moot point)didnt meet reserve) -its not even a good data point
only sold cars are with same mileage. that doesnt reflect what a private seller should
get for his low mile car.
the 94K car is at a dealer so who know what they will take-but thats more than I paid for
my 04 for a $124K car(IN 04) so I know Park place is out to lunch. the truth is somewhere in between
but its alot closer to $81.9K than $94K thats for sure.
I think Islandboys price is more than fair.

Quick Reply: Outstanding GT3 For Sale - What Price?