Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**UPDATE PICS** Bored, thought I post a couple pics of my latest mods.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007 | 12:14 PM
Rob in VA
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ltc
OK, but keep an eye on Cup car prices, as they will soon be close to the selling price of a GT3.
It's just that $$ put into some mods are not really recovered in a sale and before you know it, you could have purchased a Cup or other dedicated track appliance.
I would have to disagree. The maintenance costs of a cup car are extremely higher than a street GT3. Cost of freshing the cup engine is scary.
Old 02-25-2007 | 03:57 PM
CME
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rob in VA
I would have to disagree. The maintenance costs of a cup car are extremely higher than a street GT3. Cost of freshing the cup engine is scary.
I thought the Cup cars had the same motors as the street cars??

Chet
Old 02-25-2007 | 05:26 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Rob in VA
I was referring to purchase price.

If you don't take a GT3 Cup motor to redline on each shift, you can significantly prolong the time between rebuilds to ~100 hours; DE vs racing.

BTW, any motor driven hard on a track for ~100 hours (street or PMNA) will likely need some servicing/attention.
Old 02-26-2007 | 12:40 AM
Rob in VA
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ltc
If you don't take a GT3 Cup motor to redline on each shift, you can significantly prolong the time between rebuilds to ~100 hours.
Well, what fun is that then?
Old 02-27-2007 | 11:18 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LVDell
Hey Ray, are you asking about the front splitter under the bumper? If so, then it is just black plastic and that is the way it will stay. These things have a shelf life (driver induced ) that rivals that of a fruit fly so painting it would be a waste of $$$.
Yep, I'm talking about the black plastic lip. I have the standard aerokit lip on my car now but I want to upgrade to the larger cup lip you have on your car.

I take it yours is not painted then? What is the P/N?
Old 02-27-2007 | 11:32 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Nope not painted. This was just discussed recently in another thread highlighting the part numbers and differences are here: https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/332315-aero-i-chin-spoiler-or-aero-ii-cup-spoiler-feedback-requested.html

Quick Reply: **UPDATE PICS** Bored, thought I post a couple pics of my latest mods.