Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford GT trade for GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 05:01 AM
RS Patrik
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just love it those Heritage Colours. Is it reliable? Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear have/had one. He claims it is the most unreliable car ever made. H has never made a full planned trip with his car without it breaking down...

BTW, love the garage, what is the height to be able to have 2 cars on top of each other?
Old 02-16-2007, 08:26 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by db_gt3
Those things are kind of heavy.

Weight (lb) 3489

I have yet to see one at the track, and yet I am still enthralled by that car.

I saw one at Sebring a few months ago when I was doing a DE event. Very pretty car. Unfortunately, it didn't last more than a few laps before blowing a coolant line. A bunch of coolant ended up on the track and there were some near crashes from the cars behind. That was the end of the day for the Ford GT.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:39 AM
jetprop
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RS Patrik
Just love it those Heritage Colours. Is it reliable? Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear have/had one. He claims it is the most unreliable car ever made. H has never made a full planned trip with his car without it breaking down...

BTW, love the garage, what is the height to be able to have 2 cars on top of each other?
Is it reliable on track? I don't know for sure, but I suspect it should be OK considering the number of Ford lightnings, 03-04 Cobras, etc. that I've seen on track with the similar blower motors. Will it run as cool as a NA powerplant at full tilt? - No. At the end of the day, a NA mill is superior to a turbo or supercharged mill if you're going to flog it on track for lap after lap. As far as street work goes, I don't envision any issues. The owners I know say it's reliable as a focus. After all, it's a Ford, not a Ferrrari.

Regarding Clarkson's car, I understand he had one of 28 or so destined for the UK with some kind of special alarm system or other electronic gadgetry. He ended up giving the car back and then buying it back once they straightened out the electronic problems. Not a guy I would want to **** off if I were a manufacturer.

122" is the garage height in the middle (slight floor slope - no floor drains)
Ideally, you want 20 feet, but the 10' or so is doable and enables easy maintenance/storage for a car as tall as a mustang. My $2,500 Eagle lift is the cheapest square footage I've bought! Neighbors are envious Highly recommended though an asymetrical two post lift is the only way to go if you want to do serious brake/suspension work. The four poster is far better for parking/storage and is also great because you can move it with supplied casters.

Bruce

Quick Reply: Ford GT trade for GT3?