Sponsored by:

Just got a Europipe

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 12:00 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Just got a Europipe

I just had a Europipe installed in my GT3. I haven't had much chance to drive it and the recent snowfall cancelled me using the car today on a drive from to Charlottesville. However, the exhaust sounds fantastic (have long tube headers) The quality of the welds, etc is about as good as I've seen in my limited experience. Only downside was adding a bit of weight back into the rear of the car by replacing the Eisenman. However, I believe from the Europipe website, the exhaust is about 10 lbs lighter than stock. Also, got the centers of the Fikses anodized black. I'll try to post some pics.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:48 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Jon70 that is without a doubt _the_ exhaust for the GT3. You'll love it and remember to let it break in as well
Old 02-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Steve B in SD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to be installing a Europipe system on my GT3. Is a GIAC flash of any great benefit with the new exhaust, or is it best to just leave things as is for the street?

Thanks
Old 02-08-2007, 01:25 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve B in SD
I'm going to be installing a Europipe system on my GT3. Is a GIAC flash of any great benefit with the new exhaust, or is it best to just leave things as is for the street?

Thanks
Hi Steve B,

I've flashed a lot of GT3s in the bay area and others have sent me their ECU with good results and certainly more power on the dyno and improved lap times. Having said that we're not talking a _lot_ of HP here. It's about 15rwhp or so along with improved throttle response. Most people that have it also say the car seems run stronger/smoother and that's as a result of the 91 tune (as opposed to the factory 93) along with the improved throttle response- you have E-gas so that can be adjusted in the programing. Cars we've done with the Europipe and GIAC Flash have gotten around 23-25rwhp. Doing headers will get a little more but most of them loose a bit of torque down low...
Old 02-08-2007, 01:37 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve B in SD
I'm going to be installing a Europipe system on my GT3.
I promise you, you won't be disappointed.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:09 PM
Steve B in SD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks Alex.

My car has a noticeable "dead spot" when hitting the throttle hard at about 2000 rpms. I attribute that to the E-gas mapping, but obviously, it could be many other things. I also seems to have a few very minor "flat spots" as it accelerates through the revs till about 5000, then revs cleanly up to the limiter. I figure these are due to timing & or fuel curves not being optimized. Again, just a guess. My main goal is to have the car run the best it can at all rpm's. I'm not all that concerned about getting more power out of it, although that is always a nice benefit too.

A friend of mine is selling his GT3, and he offered to sell me his Europipe exhaust system. I figured I shouldn't pass that opportunity up. But, I figure adding the exhaust will require some tuning to extract full capability out of the engine.

Make any sense?

Steve
Old 02-08-2007, 04:39 PM
RR
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an Xloud europipe exhaust with true twin tips on each side for ssale if anyone is interested.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:55 AM
Greygt3
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You might want to look at Cargraphics full exhaust system. It drops 27 lbs. off the rear of the car and sounds awesome. It comes with headers,cats,mufflers. Build quality is great, but not as good as europipe their stuff is jewelery. Cargraphics offers a remapped ecu to take advantage of thier exhaust system.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:53 AM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JUst got the cargraphics and WOW. You can really feel the difference.

I don't understand the comment that" but not as good as europipe their stuff is jewelery"

To whom are you referring? Cargraphic has TUV approval on the whole system which by definition is of equal or better quality then OEM.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Andy (Portland, OR)
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations. I'm jealous. Which one? Loud, louder, loudest? (Are they still offering three versions?)

Please post update after you've had a chance to put some miles on it.

Quick Reply: Just got a Europipe