Sponsored by:

Forgeline Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 02:29 AM
john0719
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forgeline Wheels

Anyone here have Forgeline wheels on their cars? How's the quality and finish? Are they light weight? TIA for any input.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:56 AM
khaug
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My introduction to Forgeline wheels was at Mid-Ohio several years ago, when a Firebird (Camaro?) shod with Forgelines broke a wheel and came to rest in the Caroussel. The story on this occasion was that Forgeline had machined these wheels as prototypes, past safe limits.

My next encounter with Forgelines was on a friend's Porsche 928, when the rear Forgelines were found to be badly cracked at c. 4 years of age. The car had been heavily tracked, and Forgeline, to their credit, gave my friend a price break on replacements. Never the less, these are not wheels I'd ever buy if you intend to do lots of track miles on sticky tires. Most likely, they'd be OK for strictly street use on street tires, but who knows. Wheels do wear out, and The Forgelines I've seen have strongly suggested they wear out under duress at least as fast as most.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:46 AM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

John - I run 3 sets of Forgelines on my race car and a set on one of my street cars...I'm very pleased with them. I inspect them regularly as I would any wheel that is driven on the track. I can tell you that I've hit my share of curbs on the track and never had even the slightest issue.
I did manage to bent an outer section due to hitting a wall and I have to say that I was very pleased with the low cost to get the wheel halves replaced & rebuilt. You'll find these to be great wheels & great service from the Shardts.
I highly recommend them.
Cheers,
Rick
Old 09-22-2006, 09:01 AM
Mr Michael B

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

I have two sets of WC3 Forgelines, one on my racecar Porsche, and one on my street car Ferrari. Very high quality. Very light weight. The finish is exactly what I asked for, and remains as flawless as it was the day I unpacked them. No issues after many years of use.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:43 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Another recommendation for Forgelines here. Their products and service are top notch. Just because you have seen one or two broken doesn't mean much honestly. Wheels do have a life span, especially track only ones. I have broken wheels from BBS and Kinesis but still consider them good wheels.
Old 09-23-2006, 01:10 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,658 Likes on 2,326 Posts

forgeline, very strong very light. great service too.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:14 PM
Acropora
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Another vote for forgeline rims. Great customer service as well.
Hey Karl, is Ed still dragging his feet on your car? j/k, your gt3 is gonna rock!
Old 09-26-2006, 01:24 AM
khaug
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Karl, is Ed still dragging his feet on your car? j/k, your gt3 is gonna rock!

Ed is being, let's say, less than forthcoming with information regarding expected completion date, probable delivery date and the like. Not the level of customer service one expects when spending $110K! I hope my GT3 will rock - or just get here before Hell freezes over!

Jim H. (the 928 driver in my Forgeline post) just bought a breathtakingly gorgeous '04 GT3, making me wonder why I'm spending 25K more for a new one!

Regards,

Quick Reply: Forgeline Wheels