Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

m3 spy shots show a big hole on top!? optional!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 10:40 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

icon, there's something about straightforward talk i appreciate esp online

mooty, you're not being realistic, bud or you're just not dating hot ones. they ALL benefit from makeup.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:09 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Haahahaaahaaa

Originally Posted by pole position
No, BMW could not easily sell stripped down M3's. The E30 M3 had boat anchors attached to them when they were available, dealer incentives ? Yes. E36 M3 LWT, yeah, you guessed, could not give them away, trunkmoney again. RS America ? Don't even get me started on that discount priceleader and , surprise, DEALER INCENTIVES to get rid of them.

Now,where were you all you do gooders,experts and net forum F1 racing drivers in the early 90's when Porsche almost sold out to Daimler because they were close to folding ? So how come you guys did not do your part (read buying) in helping the company ? Dealers had to beg to sell cars (at huge discounts) and were killed on flooring costs .

Talk is cheap but excuses are even cheaper, GT2 = too expensive and widdowmaker / GT3 OMG a sunroof , I might scratch my Stand helmet / GT3 RS, not enough "hardcore" / Carr GT = we don't want any driver aids but help us we don't want to get killed so we have to sue etc etc .

Conclusion : if YOU would sit on the board you have responsibilities to every Porsche employee first to put bread on the table and keep the company in the black and would not give any considerations to some net forum "racers" who whine about not getting hardcore cars when Porsche actually builds a dedicated ............Cupcar........... but does it look good enough on Sunset Plaza with my Zaino wax ?.........
I think you are somewhat correct. Hardcore Porsche owners represent very-very small percentage of the company’s revenue.

I think, that is one of the main reasons why the "less is more" attitude towards true enthusiast-model does not generate sale. Think about it; a stripped down version that costs more????

Average buyer can’t justify 200 more rpm for 50 more HP; how could they even “imagine” that in their head? When was the last time a car buyer held titanium and steel connecting-rods in theirs hands to feel the difference? It is not like the smell of the new leather or the look of the “Carbon Fiber” interior.

I’ve read on a post that the next M3 will have Carbon Fiber roof (w/o Sunroof) option.

P.S. I laugh out loud when I read "might scratch my Stand helmet"!!! Hey, but Stand21 gloves are *really* comfortable and worth every cent!
Old 09-05-2006, 01:53 AM
AeroGT3RedWing
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^Considering you can delete the 5 series' sunroof, the 3 series', and the M6 doesn't have one altogether, I don't think it's that farfetched to think the M3 will have a delete option

Quick Reply: m3 spy shots show a big hole on top!? optional!