Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 02:10 PM
911 silverback
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Fabspeed kit

IN STOCK NOW!!!

Fabspeed GT3 High Performance Air Intake System $575

Here is the WORLDS finest GT3 Air Intake system. This Fabspeed engineered system fits all GT3 cars worldwide.

2001-2005 GT3 HIGH PERFORMANCE AIR INTAKE.

Benefits:

1) Allows unobstructed airflow to the Twin Turbo engine for MAXIMUM POWER.

2) More airflow than any other system available anywhere in the world.

3) COLD AIR is force feed to the engine by the stock FAN and snorkel. See the photo above as the FAN blows directly onto the airfilter and the intake snorkel dumps cold air to the filter.

4) Easy to install and saves weight. CNC air craft machined with T304SS drip edge.

5) Retains stock MASS AIRFLOW sensor grate and location for maximum power and no Check Engine Light.

6) More sports car sound!

7) Reuse either stock paper airfilter or K&N and or BMC F1 airfilter

$575.00

$695 with BMC F1 airfilter

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fabspeed have a picture of this installed on a GT3, but for some reason i cant post it on here? however they dont mention any hp gain if any??.
Iv been waiting for a while for them to release this kit and was considering using it with the RS type direct ram air intake, would these would be worth while mods what do you guys think?
Cheers..

...rob

Last edited by 911 silverback; 04-09-2006 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:57 PM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Originally Posted by 911 silverback
IN STOCK NOW!!!

1) Allows unobstructed airflow to the Twin Turbo engine for MAXIMUM POWER.

there are not many GT3s around with Twin Turbo engines, so I can't see this item being a big seller!

The absence of claimed horsepower improvements may not be accidental.

R+C
Old 04-08-2006, 03:38 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 silverback
3) COLD AIR is force feed to the engine by the stock FAN and snorkel.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:39 AM
brucegre
Banned

OK, who hacked their site?

If Fabspeed really posted this, then someone over there has to get fired, but everything is so bush I'm thinking it's a left over from April Fool's.

Or, I just can't find the turbos on my GT3, and I know that my Ram Air fan isn't working properly, guess I should take the car back to the dealer to get those things fixed.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:59 PM
GT3 Chuck
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

unfortunately, that post was a direct copy from fabspeed's website...the picture of the install is also bush...

Old 04-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll have to stop by & break his *****.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 04-10-2006, 11:18 AM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

HI

Alex slightly BOTCHED the posting to our website!!! It was fixed today.

The GT3 CUP air intake system is an easy logical bolton system. I have an East Coast Club racer Rafael Llopiz that we have been working with that has been dominating B stock in his Speed Yellow GT3 and he has Fabspeed Motorsports bolt on products on his car. Here is the corrected format that explains everything>

1) Allows unobstructed airflow to the engine for MAXIMUM POWER.

3) COLD AIR is force feed to the engine by the stock FAN and snorkel. See the photo above as the FAN blows directly onto the airfilter and the intake snorkel dumps cold air to the filter.

4) Easy to install and saves weight. CNC air craft machined with T304SS drip edge.

5) Retains stock MASS AIRFLOW sensor grate and location for maximum power and no Check Engine Light.

7) Reuse either stock paper airfilter or K&N and or BMC F1 airfilter

$575.00

$695 with BMC F1 airfilter

You can also use the GT3 RS rear deck scoop for more power and we have these also for $395.

For any questions please call or email us.
Have a great week.
Joe Fabiani

www.fabspeed.com
215-646-4945 (9828fax)
Old 04-10-2006, 11:47 AM
LastGT3
Racer

Umm...Perhaps a Dynojet curve would be helpful before anyone wastes their money. All the benefits that are listed above omit performance.
How much weight is saved?
How much hp is gained?
How much "sports car" sound is gained? Sound clip perhaps?
Old 04-10-2006, 12:00 PM
Mr. C4
Drifting

What kind of crap is this?!

Here is the corrected format that explains everything

UNQUOTE

@ $ 575.- I'm

Not what one would expect from a company like Fabspeed. They better get their facts right or risk losing plenty of credibility.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:04 PM
gt3skea
Instructor

thanks for explaining llopiz's "dominating" performance of our 1 race together ... i thought you guys told me that you could not get it in time (fabspeed guys?? - for atl race)... THAT MUST BE WHY I LOST??? (race forum topic)

also fabspeed - i thought there was some sort of a "air scoop" - where is that?

and lastly - dyno sheets would be VERY helpful
Old 04-10-2006, 05:43 PM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, what the hell is going on here
Old 04-10-2006, 08:54 PM
ArcticFox
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

As I see it, that thing is going to suck a lot of hot engine compartment air (being as it is not shrouded like the factory airbox)....am I missing something?
Old 04-10-2006, 09:16 PM
gt3skea
Instructor

well, i bought one a few weeks ago (based on what i thought it would be - it was supposed to be a cup style - and that looks nothing like the cup car intake) and will play with it when it gets delivered... ill let you guys know - ill reserve my judgement till then. ill report back after this weekend at roebling. but that pic is referring to llopiz is not inspiring confidence.

joe - is there not some sort of partition for the hot engine air? a la k&n or any other cold air intake system? my understanding is that the fan that is supposed to be blowing cold air onto it for your kit only kicks on when the alternator is hot... ie does not even come one while the car is moving??? its the sound we usually hear kick on after we park the car after a hot day at the track and why porsche techs will say we don't need to pop the engine to cool.

lastly - llopiz and i where pretty neck and neck, the one place at road atl i was much faster was the back straight - we were identical weighted cars at 2950 (and i outweigh him by 30-40 lbs) and i would pull 3-4 car lengths on him... the longest straight away. now, all things being relatively equal, as its stock and not much either of us could have done (or much one did the other didn't) to our cars, pretty even through the corner - should this have not been where he got the advantage thanks to his new air filter system ? i know he was frustrated about it - does he even still have his in joe?
Old 04-10-2006, 10:50 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gt3skea
llopiz and i where pretty neck and neck, the one place at road atl i was much faster was the back straight - we were identical weighted cars at 2950 (and i outweigh him by 30-40 lbs) and i would pull 3-4 car lengths on him... the longest straight away.
I wonder if we are not seeing the results of many track hours on a street GT3 motor. I assume that yours is fairly fresh? I know that his is not. There is precious little difference between a street GT3 and a Cup motor. They need to be rebuilt after 60 hours (or so) for a reason. It is a subject the many GT3 owners do not want to talk about.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:50 PM
Mr. C4
Drifting

Originally Posted by gt3skea
my understanding is that the fan that is supposed to be blowing cold air onto it for your kit only kicks on when the alternator is hot... ie does not even come one while the car is moving??? its the sound we usually hear kick on after we park the car after a hot day at the track and why porsche techs will say we don't need to pop the engine to cool.
The fan sucks hot air out of the engine compartment!

Quick Reply: New Fabspeed kit