Sponsored by:

New Fabspeed kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 11:12 PM
MetalSolid
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why do I have thoughts of that VW ad...?
Old 04-11-2006, 10:02 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MetalSolid
Why do I have thoughts of that VW ad...?
"It's defenetly suckin'!"
Old 04-11-2006, 10:51 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 797 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
"It's defenetly suckin'!"
"You got an F"

Old 04-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Mr. C4
Drifting

Originally Posted by 38D
"You got an F"

That's OK, he's from Finland.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:59 PM
gt3skea
Instructor

larry - really?

mr c4 - so i guess suckin is definitely not blowing cool air onto the filter either aye?
Old 04-15-2006, 10:54 AM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

Rafael called me about you at ROAD ATLANTA. He said some kids in a GT3 was giving hime fits on the back straight!!!!!!!! I am still laughing my *** off. He told me to find him more power or he would cap my family1. Rafael is hilarious. He hates to lose.

Whenever I was faster than him when we drove 993 in D stock........he would puff a cigaratte and glare at me through the smoke and say in his "Tony Montana SCARFACE voice" tell me what you did to the engine you motherfu ker"!!

I would roll around laughing and he would be mad as sh t until he got faster than me........GOD I miss PCA Clubracing.

The FAN blow air directly COLD AIR directly onto the filter and the snorkel dumps COLD AIR onto the filter as well. Porsche always uses big closed airboxes so engine inducction noise (roar) and exhaust sound is muted. This way the car is quieter for Swiss and European noise regulations. This information is axiomatic.

I will be dynoing the GT3 systems this week with Rafael on the DYNAPACK. I will let you know. One thing to consider is that Fabspeed Motorsport always try to improve power based on the Porsche engineered airbox/intake systems. On all of the 911, 964, 993, 996, 997, 996TT cars Fabspeed has consistently improved the power on all these cars by optimizing the factory airboxes. We have even relied on Porsche Motorsport historical documneted data and used the data to make improvements on cars. Therefore since the stock airbox's locations, size and mass air sensor has not been changed nor disturbed BUT the airflow to the MAF has improved you will usually see an improvement.

I will VIDEO everything as usual. If you have VIDEO of you passing Rafael send it to me..........so I can email it to him to bust his *****. Raf is getting a used 2005 GT3 CUP later this year.

Have a great weekend.
Joe Fabiani

993RS Clubsport C stock. Rulebook changed no place worth going>>
Old 04-15-2006, 04:06 PM
Mr. C4
Drifting

The FAN blow air directly COLD AIR directly onto the filter and the snorkel dumps COLD AIR onto the filter as well. Porsche always uses big closed airboxes so engine inducction noise (roar) and exhaust sound is muted. This way the car is quieter for Swiss and European noise regulations. This information is axiomatic.

UNQUOTE

NO, it doesn't blow cold air to the filter it functions in a way that hot air is exhausted "sucking if you like" out from the engine compartment controled by a temp sensor.

What are you trying to say in your post, you write/talk as if you have a bunch of marbles in your mouth!

This is embarassing for Fabspeed!

Ciao,
Old 04-15-2006, 04:16 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. C4
NO, it doesn't blow cold air to the filter it functions in a way that hot air is exhausted "sucking if you like" out from the engine compartment controled by a temp sensor.

What are you trying to say in your post, you write/talk as if you have a bunch of marbles in your mouth!

This is embarassing for Fabspeed!

Ciao,
Nah, Joe allway talk like dat. Maybee spel chek broke on da compooter.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 04-15-2006, 10:15 PM
josephla
Instructor

Default get off joe's back

Why don't you guys wait until joe dynos these things until you start doubting him. It is way easier to sit on the side lines and second guess him. he has alot more experience than 95% of the people on this board driving these cars and certainly engineering things for them. My dealings with joe have been nothing less than stellar and I will continue to deal with him in the future. For those of you that want to doubt there are plenty of a--holes out there that will take your money and not be as cool to deal with as Joe. Keep it coming Joe I hope my 993 will be as cool as your white 993 when I am done with this dam residency.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:00 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by josephla
Why don't you guys wait until joe dynos these things until you start doubting him. It is way easier to sit on the side lines and second guess him. he has alot more experience than 95% of the people on this board driving these cars and certainly engineering things for them. My dealings with joe have been nothing less than stellar and I will continue to deal with him in the future.
Maybe he is getting some heat here because he should know better than to post ill-thought out nonsense. I know him personally, do you? Yes Joe is a standup guy, but that doesn't excuse the mis-information previously posted.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:25 AM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
I wonder if we are not seeing the results of many track hours on a street GT3 motor. I assume that yours is fairly fresh? I know that his is not. There is precious little difference between a street GT3 and a Cup motor. They need to be rebuilt after 60 hours (or so) for a reason. It is a subject the many GT3 owners do not want to talk about.
Larry, is this true? I had no idea the street GT3 motors were stressed to the point of needing rebuilds every 60hrs! For a reference point, how does that compare to the rebuild duration on the air-cooled 3.8 (315bhp) or 3.6 (285bhp) motors?
Old 04-16-2006, 12:46 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by pcar964
Larry, is this true? I had no idea the street GT3 motors were stressed to the point of needing rebuilds every 60hrs! For a reference point, how does that compare to the rebuild duration on the air-cooled 3.8 (315bhp) or 3.6 (285bhp) motors?
Well, PCNA has a suggested a rebuild on Cup motors after 40-60 racing hours. Under the stress of 8200 rpms, things tend to wear out quickly. There is no real difference between the street and cup motors that would affect longevity, so if you are tracking or racing your street GT3 and constantly going to 8200 rpm, yeah, I'd say it's true. Other motor people that I have talked to feel the same way. Of course, this has little bearing on street driven GT3s that rarely, if ever, see 8200 rpm.

I cannot say about 3.8s, but I do know that the 3.6 cup motors (mine is a duplicate) will run for at least 100 track hours before a rebuild is needed, and I have heard of some that have 150 hours and are still quite strong. Of course, they do run at lower revs, and that alone may have a lot to do with it.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:13 AM
bora
Racer

Larry

Can you please post a document from PCNA that specifies the rebuild interval of 60 hrs for the cup cars?

Thanks
Old 04-16-2006, 01:00 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Well, PCNA has a suggested a rebuild on Cup motors after 40-60 racing hours. Under the stress of 8200 rpms, things tend to wear out quickly. There is no real difference between the street and cup motors that would affect longevity, so if you are tracking or racing your street GT3 and constantly going to 8200 rpm, yeah, I'd say it's true. Other motor people that I have talked to feel the same way. Of course, this has little bearing on street driven GT3s that rarely, if ever, see 8200 rpm.

I cannot say about 3.8s, but I do know that the 3.6 cup motors (mine is a duplicate) will run for at least 100 track hours before a rebuild is needed, and I have heard of some that have 150 hours and are still quite strong. Of course, they do run at lower revs, and that alone may have a lot to do with it.
Interesting - thanks for the info!
Old 04-17-2006, 11:24 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by bora
Larry

Can you please post a document from PCNA that specifies the rebuild interval of 60 hrs for the cup cars?

Thanks
I have been told this more than a few times that the motors need to be gone over, bearings and rod bolts changed and everything checked and freshened in order to maintain top performance and reliability. I just asked a friend with a Cup Car to re-confirm and this was his response:
It used to be stated in the documentation (pre-02) that 40 hours was the recomended service life. There is no longer a stated service life for the motors. Most people go between 70-110 hours on them. At 70 hours the leakdown and compression are still very strong.
BTW I did mean PMNA, not PCNA.

Quick Reply: New Fabspeed kit