Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4 degree shims CF wing (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 09:45 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts

Thanks again Andy, that's a good explanation.

Cheers

Matt
Old 08-20-2017, 10:42 PM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 159 Likes on 110 Posts

I was just at the Glen this weekend with Ferrari, and ran with the 4 degree ones. I was expecting for the car not to be as planted as with the 8 degree ones. With the new surface from 2 years ago the track has so,so much grip. I did not get a lot of track time (cracked front rotor), so I only had limited data. You really need to be pushing to get the benefits with the 8 degree ones vs. 4 degree.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:55 AM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,859 Likes on 1,091 Posts

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
For track days with cup front splitter its abit ghetto but I use racers tape to prevent gapping from splitter and bumper. I've had many splitters pop out at the track. Works for me ��. Mike
Instead of using the plastic Mickey Mouse push rivets to attach the front Cup splitter, I installed steel blind nuts (T-nuts) in the bumper and use plastic bolts to attach the splitter. The nylon bolts attach the Cup splitter tightly to the bumper without any gaps whatsoever, yet will shear if the splitter is exposed to a hard impact. This allows the splitter to detach from the bumper without damaging the bumper itself. It's also relatively quick and easy to unbolt the splitter from the bumper which I do in order to load the car on the trailer. Works perfectly...This is a worthwhile mod as pretty much every tracked GT3 I've seen has the splitter hanging on by a thread and guys are always resorting to creative but not very appealing solutions with tape.

Last edited by powdrhound; 08-21-2017 at 02:26 AM.

Quick Reply: 4 degree shims CF wing (pics)