Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Harnesses

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005 | 07:01 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

kevin, it depends on your size and how your back is arched.
i don't use my car as daily driver, but i actually prefer the GT3 or recaro fixed back seats better than any factory seat. i am putting them in my S4 daily driver as well. they only way my back doesnt hurt is if i sit up very straight. if you dont' like that position, then you will not like the fixed back GT3 seats.
Old 12-11-2005 | 03:17 AM
HooliganX
Racer

Originally Posted by Z06Kevin
Anyone have the GT3 seats and use the car as a daily driver? How do they compare to the regular seats?
I am seriously considering upgrading to a DE configuration that will hold me more securely into the seat during DE's.
Suggestions?
I use my car as a daily driver 3-4 days per week. To me the GT3 seats are more comfortable than the standard sport seats.

However, the GT3 seats make it slightly harder to get in and out of the car. Also they severely limit access to the rear area because they don't fold forward. If you have a roll bar as well, you can pretty much forget about using the rear area for anything.

If you are driving on rough roads, you will feel the bumps more in the GT3 seats than the stock seats.

The longest drive I have taken with the GT3 seats is about 1.5 hours and I experienced no discomfort from the GT3 seats. However I have heard from some with "larger" builds that they were uncomfortable. It's best to try them before buying if at all possible to see if you'll fit in them comfortably.

Quick Reply: GT3 Harnesses