Race Of Champions

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 12:30 AM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 962 Likes on 586 Posts
Default Race Of Champions

Finally watched the ROC on HDnet which I had TIVO'ed. They had the "dune buggies", rally cars, and this year, GT3's instead of the Ferraris they had last year. Seems they liked the Porsches better- Sebastian Bourdais said he enjoyed the GT3 much more than the Ferrari from last year. Too bad the course is so tight, but it is neat seeing Jeff Gordon racing a GT3, and really enjoying it! I'm no big NASCAR fan, but sure wish he'd race in F1, etc as I think he would do the USA just fine, thank you. If you get a chance to watch in repeat on HDnet, or later (with ads) on Speed , it's worth it. The HD-net broadcast is great though- only a few breaks for HDnet ads, otherwise non-stop action- it is really neat seeing drivers from different series all socializing and racing together. Where else do you see Coulthard running against Jeff Gordon?? Actually, my favourite car was the Renault Megane racecar in the Renault yellow-blue paint scheme- great ground effects, and FAST!!
Old 12-08-2005, 01:00 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

any ideas when it's going on Speedvision?

I wish the sell the DVD.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:24 AM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 962 Likes on 586 Posts

Last year it was over the winter sometime, I think Dec or January- it seems like after mid January all Speed has on is either reruns of Barrett-Jackson, or of course NASCAR crap ad nauseum...
Old 12-08-2005, 12:13 PM
ixlr82
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah Sebastian Loeb, the Rally star won it this year. It was a good broadcast so if you can see it, don't miss it.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Austin
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah Jeff Gordon can drive, he's a local for us from the Northern California area. His home track is Sears Point and his education base comes from karting. I think he's only in NASCRAP for the $, maybe now that F1 has been sold, we'll see more American's in testing? And no, Eddie Irvine or Paul Tracy don't count as an Americans, although they spend more time here than home.

Quick Reply: Race Of Champions