Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my first PORSCHE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005 | 11:32 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

I'd never let a valet near it either- wonder if the valet key drops the HP and rpm limits like some bimmers do? As if it would matter... I don't remember if mine came with a valet key or not- I have a drawer full of extra keys somewhere...( I saved the first aid kit from an Audi company car I had leased as I figured they'd never miss it.)
Old 04-24-2005 | 12:09 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by wilfred
Hello Everyone!

Finally picked it up yesterday! 2004 seal grey GT3 Wife thinks i am wacko cuz i kept starring at it and won't leave the garage

I have quite a few questions hoping you guys can help me out:

1) They only gave me 2 master keys, no valet. Salesman told me GT3 doesn't come with it. But the owner's manual p.19 states otherwise. Did yours come with it?

2) Did yours come with the first aid kit and the warning triangle? The Production Information catalog p.25 shows a picture with these 2 items in place. But the owner's manual p.100 refers these 2 items as "Space for..."

3) Is the option "Black Leather w/ Full Leather" the same as the "Large Leather Package"? Because mine has the leather seats and dashbord but it doesn't have the leather bits and pieces

4) Any comments/experiences with these clear bras? I read it somewhere in this forum a company is coming from out of state to do a group install. Price is like $600-$900. I mean is this such a good price that a person needs to fly in to do this? Or is this company well known? Sorry, this clear bra thing is obviously new to me. I am just really concern about the paint job of the car even though these companies claim the stickers won't discolor and all. But what about if i ever decide to take the stickers out

Sorry for so many questions on my first post. But thanks in advance for your input!!!
Congrats!!! My seal grey was my second Porsche. I always look at her before I go to sleep at night... Drive her in good health...
Old 04-24-2005 | 12:46 AM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Originally Posted by wilfred
Hello Everyone!

Finally picked it up yesterday! 2004 seal grey GT3 Wife thinks i am wacko cuz i kept starring at it and won't leave the garage

I have quite a few questions hoping you guys can help me out:

1) They only gave me 2 master keys, no valet. Salesman told me GT3 doesn't come with it. But the owner's manual p.19 states otherwise. Did yours come with it?

2) Did yours come with the first aid kit and the warning triangle? The Production Information catalog p.25 shows a picture with these 2 items in place. But the owner's manual p.100 refers these 2 items as "Space for..."

3) Is the option "Black Leather w/ Full Leather" the same as the "Large Leather Package"? Because mine has the leather seats and dashbord but it doesn't have the leather bits and pieces

4) Any comments/experiences with these clear bras? I read it somewhere in this forum a company is coming from out of state to do a group install. Price is like $600-$900. I mean is this such a good price that a person needs to fly in to do this? Or is this company well known? Sorry, this clear bra thing is obviously new to me. I am just really concern about the paint job of the car even though these companies claim the stickers won't discolor and all. But what about if i ever decide to take the stickers out

Sorry for so many questions on my first post. But thanks in advance for your input!!!
Have you droven it yet?....What did you think?
Old 04-24-2005 | 05:25 AM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Thanks to all that replied. I called the salesman and he is sure they don't come with it but then again, i don't think he was all that well inform in the first place. And then the valet key magically dropped out of the leather pouch when i was just browsing thru the other little books that came with the owner's manual.

Okay, so i guess the US model doesn't come with the first aid kit, oh well. I just had to make sure because i did buy a car that's been sitting around for almost a year. For example, someone jacked the floormats when the msrp states this car should have it. The salesman end up borrowing the set from another new car Speaking of the msrp, mine has the full leather for $2,920. I got it confused with the large leather package for $2,980 which mine does not have. Thanks Mooty.

I am still undecided on the clear bra It seems most people prefer it. I guess the bottom line is to find a good installer that uses quality film...
Old 04-24-2005 | 05:45 AM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Fill
Have you droven it yet?....What did you think?
Sure have But only the night i picked it up. I was planning to do some more driving but it is drizzling here in los angeles so i have to wait 'til next weekend So far the few things i notice is although the ride is stiff, it is not as bad as how some people describe it. I was really worry about the ride because i read so many comments on this matter. But i guess everyone's tolerance is different and the fact i don't have any previous Porsche to compare to.

Secondly, the salesman warned us ten million times how low the front lip is on the GT3 so he told us we have to go at an angle and stuff... It was pretty neat to watch the front tire lifting off the ground so easily
Old 04-24-2005 | 11:24 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

the lip is low, but LA isn't much worse than SF so IF you remember to SLOW way down and angle a lot, your front lip should be fine. if you lose it, buy the motorsport lip. it's about 1/2 price of oem.

personally i would get clear bra. i had it on silver, yellow and white cars. if done well, it's not very visible except on white cars. my neighbor has it on his seal gray 996c2, hardly can tell. search "premeir" on rennlist. they are based in SF but make trips to LA to do clear bra. they did one of my cars, excellent excellent job. the installers matters a lot more than brand of film.

the ride isn't all that bad. just don't get caught in the bad pavement of east LA. well, not sure you want to drive your car there anyways ;-)
Old 04-24-2005 | 11:44 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

mine came with key, no the the first aid and reflector(ROW), 3M stone guard works great you must find someone that can do the job right. Use this board for references.
Old 04-24-2005 | 01:25 PM
Steve in FL
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by skl
wonder if the valet key drops the HP and rpm limits like some bimmers do? As if it would matter...
There are no performance restrictions with the GT3 "valet" key. It's the one I use when I go to the track so I don't have to disassemble my standard key ring.
Old 04-25-2005 | 09:57 PM
WULF
Instructor

Well done. Just remember - it won't melt in the rain. And rain is good for playing Sideways Stefan.
Old 04-25-2005 | 10:19 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Just to be super clear, each of the three keys (including the valet/wallet key) operates all three locks.

The one time I have been to a valet parking only establishment in the GT3 I pulled up to the station and rolled down the window. The valet asked if it was a GT2 or a GT3. I told him GT3 and asked where he wanted me to park it. He asked me to put it right by his station, and not to mention to anyone that I parked it myself. That was good for a better than normal tip, in my book.
Old 04-25-2005 | 11:46 PM
DavidNR
Rennlist Member

2 keys and a valet only. Put one master in my pocket and hid the rest...
Old 05-01-2005 | 02:26 PM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

First time out since day one It was a beautiful day cruising down pch. My buddy in the c4s was making fun of me cuz i was driving like grandma. Oh well, i still have another 700-800 miles to go before i am going to open it up. I am following the recommended break-in to the book
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: my first PORSCHE!!!