Sponsored by:

my first PORSCHE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005 | 06:57 PM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Default my first PORSCHE!!!

Hello Everyone!

Finally picked it up yesterday! 2004 seal grey GT3 Wife thinks i am wacko cuz i kept starring at it and won't leave the garage

I have quite a few questions hoping you guys can help me out:

1) They only gave me 2 master keys, no valet. Salesman told me GT3 doesn't come with it. But the owner's manual p.19 states otherwise. Did yours come with it?

2) Did yours come with the first aid kit and the warning triangle? The Production Information catalog p.25 shows a picture with these 2 items in place. But the owner's manual p.100 refers these 2 items as "Space for..."

3) Is the option "Black Leather w/ Full Leather" the same as the "Large Leather Package"? Because mine has the leather seats and dashbord but it doesn't have the leather bits and pieces

4) Any comments/experiences with these clear bras? I read it somewhere in this forum a company is coming from out of state to do a group install. Price is like $600-$900. I mean is this such a good price that a person needs to fly in to do this? Or is this company well known? Sorry, this clear bra thing is obviously new to me. I am just really concern about the paint job of the car even though these companies claim the stickers won't discolor and all. But what about if i ever decide to take the stickers out

Sorry for so many questions on my first post. But thanks in advance for your input!!!
Old 04-22-2005 | 07:05 PM
healeyg
Instructor

my experience:
1. no valet key
2. no first air kit or triangle (think this is a euro thing - same deal on my m5)
3. i think you have to pay for every last bit and peice of leather on a porsche, but why bother on a gt3
4. 3M is the major maker. local installers abound. finding a good one is key. i didn't think it was worth it
Old 04-22-2005 | 07:42 PM
bora
Racer

Originally Posted by wilfred
Hello Everyone!

Finally picked it up yesterday! 2004 seal grey GT3 Wife thinks i am wacko cuz i kept starring at it and won't leave the garage

I have quite a few questions hoping you guys can help me out:

1) They only gave me 2 master keys, no valet. Salesman told me GT3 doesn't come with it. But the owner's manual p.19 states otherwise. Did yours come with it?

2) Did yours come with the first aid kit and the warning triangle? The Production Information catalog p.25 shows a picture with these 2 items in place. But the owner's manual p.100 refers these 2 items as "Space for..."

3) Is the option "Black Leather w/ Full Leather" the same as the "Large Leather Package"? Because mine has the leather seats and dashbord but it doesn't have the leather bits and pieces

4) Any comments/experiences with these clear bras? I read it somewhere in this forum a company is coming from out of state to do a group install. Price is like $600-$900. I mean is this such a good price that a person needs to fly in to do this? Or is this company well known? Sorry, this clear bra thing is obviously new to me. I am just really concern about the paint job of the car even though these companies claim the stickers won't discolor and all. But what about if i ever decide to take the stickers out

Sorry for so many questions on my first post. But thanks in advance for your input!!!
Mine came with the valet key.

Clear bra is worth it and would look great on seal grey.
On white it looks OK, but is noticeable from 3 ft away
Old 04-22-2005 | 08:06 PM
HooliganX
Racer

1) No valet key
2) No first aid kit or triangle

4) I had the clear bra put on Wednesday by that travelling company Premier Mobile and it looks fantastic they did a nice job on the black car. I don't know if it was a good price or not ($890 for the full 3M Armorfend kit), I didn't do much price research and needed it done this week before it's first track day.

I'm taking the car to Willow tomorrow so we'll see how the clear bra holds up. I took some pics after the install and I'll post them Sunday along with pics after the track day.

Congratulations on the GT3! What a way to start your Porsche life!
Old 04-22-2005 | 08:24 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

both my 04 and 05 gt3 had valet key (small gray square key head)
no first aid kit
full leathere option is about 3k, it means your dashboard, a, b and c piller and door panels are covered in leather. this option is clearly indicated on your window sticker if you have it. large leather package is a LOT more money then full leather package and you MUST order the full leather package before you can order the full leather package. this is VERY rare on any porsches. it means that literally EVERY bit of the car is in leather. your a/c outlet, speaker cover, blah blah blah. and i do mean just about EVERYTHING is in leather.

clear bra is worth it. the variouls brands of material are fairly similar and do a good job portecting paint, but good installer is paramount. else your car will look like POS.

HOOLIGANX: clear bra does very well on track for the front end, but if your sideskirt and rocker are also clear bra'd, those area will get torn up if you run r compounds.
Old 04-22-2005 | 09:10 PM
JS
Race Car

Congrats !
Old 04-22-2005 | 09:15 PM
RevUrGT3
Racer

How about some pics?
Old 04-23-2005 | 05:24 AM
JAX GT3
Instructor

Default Here you go

I just picked up my GT3 yesterday, will post picks and info shortly:

1. Mine came with the third key. It was desribed by my Dealer as a wallet key.

2. No first aid kit or triangle included. You can buy the First Aid kit from PORSCHE. I have never tried to buy the Triangle, but it is probably available.

3. I had the Clear Bra installed prior to delivery for $564. Highly recommended if your GT3 will be a daily driver. Garage queens would not require protection.
Old 04-23-2005 | 11:26 AM
JTW
Instructor

Seems kinda random. No valet key; no triangle or first aid kit. I go back & forth on the clear bra. I didn't really like the result on my old GR C2; started peeling and cracking. Although installation was probably part of the problem.
Old 04-23-2005 | 11:45 AM
KLZ
Racer

Lightbulb

I had the valet key came with my GT3 but not the First Aid kit. For those who didn't received the valet key on their GT3, I think it's the sales or the dealer's mistake... there is no reason for not providing a valet key to the GT3!!!
Old 04-23-2005 | 12:37 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Mine had a valet key but no first aid kit triangle or jack.
Old 04-23-2005 | 02:01 PM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Mine came with the valet key.
I highly recommend the clear bra!! I didn't have it on my first GT3 and it definetly got chipped up badly - especcially at the track. I have the ArmorGlove on my current cars. It is FAR superior to the 3M kit. 3M yellows and the kits do not cover as thoroughly. ArmorGlove is guaranteed not to yellow. Check out their website www.armourfend.com or check with www.vbdgraphics.com
Old 04-23-2005 | 09:59 PM
RevUrGT3
Racer

Mine came with a valet plastic key... however, what makes you think that the valet guy is going to lay hands on my GT3? Even if I have to park 2 miles away, there is no way he's parking my car...

Sorry, I am paranoid...
Old 04-23-2005 | 10:07 PM
gtdrei
Pro

Mine came with a Valet key, no fa kit or warning triangle.
Old 04-23-2005 | 10:25 PM
Rolo
Rhymes With Polo
Rennlist Member

Valet key here.....

Quick Reply: my first PORSCHE!!!