GT3 Titanium exhaust-- it's here...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 06:41 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Lee:

Help me here. Did you ever run the Fabspeed bypass pipes on your car?

Do you have a dyno run before and after the exhaust was installed? I wonder if the headers provide any gains.

I ran the fabspeed bypass pipes, the fabspeed sport mufflers and right now my stock muffler. The bypass pipes were extremely loud for the streets. The sport mufflers were ok but I didn't like the sound. I don't like the sound on the stock exhaust either.

BTW, the Manthey kit comes with round tips as well.

Chris:

For Saturday, is that a dyno day at AWE tuning? I would like to check it out if there are chances to dyno my car. I also want to check the exhaust sound on your Europipe system.

Thanks
Old 04-14-2005, 06:49 PM
DCLee
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Your Qs--

I never actually ran the bypass pipes on the street, just at the garage when we were moving the car around. Very loud, very rough and gnarly sound. They will not make noise limits at some tracks, I can assure you of that, but at others-- fine, just like an early Cupcar w. free exhaust. The main advantage is the weight savings. Some guys swear by 'em, and I have loved all the other Fabstuff I have used on my 993s, but I think they will be too much for most folks on the street unless they're hooked up to the sport mufflers, as you have done--in which case you lose some of the lightweight advantage.

I have not dyno'd my new stuff, I am just going to see what the car makes at the dyno w. stock Motronics and with the new manifolds and free-flow exhaust bolted on. Anything significantly over 381 h.p. is gravy, as I see it. I may go to the dyno with another bone-stock 2004 GT3 and do a side-by-side comparison run, but at this point, after having the car in the shop for four months-- I want to start driving.

Lee in D.C.
2004 RS+
Old 04-14-2005, 07:14 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Lee.

I'm looking at an Exhaust that can pass Lime Rock Park. I like LRP a lot, and that track is an important factor on my exhaust decision.

I don't want to wake up the entire community when I take my car out on weekends.

John told me that I can run the Eisenmann system with my stock headers, which makes the system appeal better price wise, but no idea on how loud the Ti system is.

We will appreciate any videos.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:02 PM
WULF
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely gorgeous. I always think if you are going to do an exhaust you should include the extractors and do the lot. I think the dyno run will surprise you(in a pleasant way).
Old 04-14-2005, 08:29 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Chris:

For Saturday, is that a dyno day at AWE tuning? I would like to check it out if there are chances to dyno my car. I also want to check the exhaust sound on your Europipe system.

Thanks
Yes...I encourage you to show. No problem to get a dyno of your car. They are like $75.00 for three pulls. I will mention you as likely on the awe thread at the other forum...
Old 04-14-2005, 11:46 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

Lee, very nice looking setup you've got there. Now about that cosmoline...
Old 04-15-2005, 02:33 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rockitman
Yes...I encourage you to show. No problem to get a dyno of your car. They are like $75.00 for three pulls. I will mention you as likely on the awe thread at the other forum...
I'll be there
Old 04-15-2005, 05:07 PM
RSA333
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lee - anything for a 996TT?

Hi Lee-

I am one of those guys that started off years ago in PCA Driver's Ed with you. In any event, do they make titanium exhaust / hearders for the 996TT?

They look nice. Take care.....Gerry

----------------------------

2002 996 TT X50, Ruf 590, JRZ suspension
93 RSA (for sale)
93 911 Turbo S2
80 SC
Old 04-15-2005, 06:02 PM
DCLee
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gerry--- Hmmn, rings a bell... did you used to have a fast, black 964 Turbo S2 from Brumos?

Anyway... The Titanium exhaust can be ordered for a 996 TT, I'm pretty sure, but not in the race configuartion I have for the n.a. car. The Kreissieg "valvetronic" exhaust system is available in stainless ($9k list) or Ti ($16k list). Pretty fab system, and priced accordingly. The headers would be extra and would have to be stainless-- Ti is no good for Turbo heat, which is one reason the factory sues Inconel.

Let me know if you want a couple or a couple of dozen-- this week only, I throw in a free box of Girl Scout cookies with each order

Lee in D.C.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:16 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Chris:

I won't make it. My car is at Princeton Porsche right now, and it will expend most of the Saturday there.

Have fun.

Quick Reply: GT3 Titanium exhaust-- it's here...