Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Q of US 997 GT3 answered...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005 | 05:41 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Michael, the corner balance and weigh-in was done in Canada. The owner was very surprised, he expected a lighter car. He speculated that the lighter "spec weight" was for the stripped out version. I agree that the difference is hard to explain, I fugure the AC. radio , power assists and lexan might account for 150 lbs. We figured that the 2800 lbs was for a car with no fluids. His corner balance was with a half tank of gas and his 140 lbs (small guy) in the driver's seat. I am not dissing the CS by the way it is a very nice car - a bit of pain due to the 19 inch wheels which mean you need to change brakes and wheels to fit better tires. Still, it was slower than my GT3 on the track. That may be a driver difference and the fact that I was on Corsa R compounds whereas his was on the Corsa system tire which is probably less sticky. When R&T (I think) tested them, the CS had the tire advantage over the GT3 and in spite of having stickier tires the GT3 was quicker. I suspect that the 430 will be a faster car than the current GT3. It remains to be seen what the 997 GT3 will be. It's fun to speculate though.

Best,

Quick Reply: The Q of US 997 GT3 answered...