Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

modena vs.elise vs.nobel

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 02:21 PM
offroadr35
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the Radical is almost too fast for track days though. It's not really fun to constantly be on everyone's bumper. It's nice when all the cars are putting up relatively similar lap times so everyone can spread out. It's also much safer that way. Just another thing to think about.
Old 11-04-2004, 03:28 AM
InterSpool
Advanced

Originally Posted by fuse
I just spent a few hours driving school version of Radical, (less HP, throttle stop, less aero, no under trays and Toyo RA1 instead of slicks) they are very easy to drive, as easy as my SpecMiata to drive...but faster. It is easy, neutral, very progressive, tremendous amount of grip, and braking force. For the starting price of $55k...I think it is the best track fun you can have for the money and speed. For the power hungry, the SR8 is coming out soon...powered by V8 engine. I am sold.
The SR8 will be cool but I think the SR3 turbo has it beat in the performance department already? I agree with you, though. It seems as though everyone buys fast cars, then mods them in order to fulfill X vision of what they want the car to be. Seems logical to just buy a Radical (or similar brand car) right off the bat. Especially if you were going to build a track only car, why not just go straight for a radical type? It's as fast as you are going to get without buying an F1 car. 5g's of force under braking? You gotta be kidding me! Where do I sign up?

Since you are in SoCal, I thought you might want to check this place out http://www.radicalwest.com/ . In Anaheim (a few miles from my house), also the starting price is a lot less than 55k
Old 11-04-2004, 11:17 AM
AW
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"5g's of force under braking"

mmm... Not quite. I have a data acquisition system in my radical. Best Gs under braking is around 2G. Best lateral G in high speed corners is around 1.75G.

Maybe I don't brake hard enough and another driver could get a little more than 2G under braking. I however cannot believe in the 5G number.

AW
Old 11-10-2004, 07:20 PM
akolodesh
Three Wheelin'

perrys7342 and philip in AL discussed the way the Noble drives on the previous page. I second their opinions. I also went to the dealer here in Hamilton, OH for a spin. Perfect windy roads for that car out here. It is quite amazing. Build quality is good and the ride will leave you all smiles for days. No affiliation, just one happy test drive!!

Quick Reply: modena vs.elise vs.nobel