Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone own or have a owned GT3 & F 360?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 03:11 PM
Philip in AL
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone own or have a owned GT3 & F 360?

If any of you have owned the GT3 and 360, can you please shed a little light? I love the GT3 for its value, power and handling. That being said, the Ferrari 360 is just a sweet looking car!

I know that the 360 is not as fast as the GT3 (especially mine; I'm up about 30hp over stock), and handling may be about the same.

I'm really torn! I want one of the new F430's! Are Ferraris reliable? I know they hold their value better. But to someone who has owned both, which car do you want to jump in and drive the most? Why? What's the downside?

Thanks
Old 10-21-2004, 03:30 PM
Jack
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Philip -- Viken would be the ideal candidate to respond to your inquiry, as he currently has both the GT3 and 360 in his garage. If he doesn't respond to this post, try sending him a PM.
Old 10-21-2004, 03:36 PM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the GT3 is not comparable to the base 360, only the stradale. imho
Old 10-21-2004, 04:38 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Moogle
the GT3 is not comparable to the base 360, only the stradale. imho
Actually, the Challenge Stradale compares with the GT3RS if anything. Nevertheless, here's what I've posted not too long ago:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...=163739&page=3
Old 10-21-2004, 07:43 PM
Philip in AL
Pro

Thanks for the GREAT link. What is the difference in the Challenge Stradale and the 360; price, etc? I'm assuming by the other threads comments, that I would be pretty well off and happy with the new 430. Now if I can just find a dealer to sell me one. Anyone on the list come up with a dealer/person I can buy one from, I'll pay a hefty finder's fee. Thanks
Old 10-21-2004, 08:02 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Philip in AL
What is the difference in the Challenge Stradale and the 360; price, etc?
The Challenge Stradale is a somewhat de-contented version of the 360 Modena. At least inside the cabin it is. Other than that, it has revised aerodynamics through different bodywork pieces. Re-calibrated suspension, bigger carbon ceramic brakes and 19" wheels with Pirelli P-Zero Corsa System tires. A claimed rise in horsepower as well. The 360 had 400 HP while the CS is rated at 425 HP. I believe the base price of the CS was just over $187k with taxes and fees added to that. Market value as we speak is between $200k and $220k depending on equipment and location.

Sorry, can't help you with the F430. Most US dealers haven't even begun to discuss prices and/or availability until they are given that info by FNA later in the year.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:33 PM
BrianPA
Racer

Viken the street GT3 (not RS) had no trouble matching the CS in pretty much every mag comparison.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:01 PM
rsa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't forget that the CS comes only with the upgraded F1 tranny. My GT3 was purchased from a friend who traded a 2004 360 for a 2004 CS. The Ferraris make sweet music and are arguably a much sexier car. Current models are much more reliable than previous iterations but are still more tempermental than the flat 6 Porsche motor, and are much more expensive to service and repair. I believe that most Ferrari owners take this into account which is why there are so many low mileage, relatively unused cars at resale. Most would never consider tracking them, IMO. The CS is definitely a more raw, edgier and purer car compared to the 360. Both his cars were F1, but remapping allowed much sharper and quicker shifting in the CS. The carbon fibre interior and the lack of carpeting and sound deadening made the car feel that much more like a purpose built race car. Much louder and you could hear every pebble under the floor board since there is no insulation. There simply is no beating the sound at WOT. Lighter and more power than the GT3, but probably not much faster or better in the turns. Very different feel getting to speed. I'd love to own both. To me Porsche and Ferrari are sports cars. Hence, keep em light, lithe and powerful without the luxo items. Don't care if they are raw for daily driving. That's what sedans are for.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:32 PM
goplay
Instructor

I currently have a GT-3 and used to own both a 360 and a 360 spider. I have driven all of them on a track (as well as a GT3 Cup car).

For all around driving I much prefer the GT-3. It is more practical, has better low end torque for city driving and is easier to handle. It is my favorite Porsche (I used to have a 996 Turbo and my SO had a 996C4S) since I wanted something with a rawer edge to it but still practical.

The 360 however,is a far more passionate car. It is looks way better, and is great to drive at high revs. The Spider is the best covertible currently being made IMHO.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:35 PM
fuse
Advanced

Here is a brand new with custom black & gray alcantara interior, Stradale stripe and factory painted Rosso Dino (standard Ferrari color about 30 years ago). MSRP is $212,867. Please click below to see.

http://fmsocal.ultrafancy.net/~fmsoc...hp?listing=218

This was sent to me from my dealer (Ferrari of Orange County, Josh) here in SoCal. There is an Enzo here locally in the same color and it looks awesome.

I've had my CS for just over a month...I still love my GT3, just not as much as the CS.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:43 AM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 565 Posts
Red face Thought about a 360.....

I looked at both the 360 (non CS version) and the GT3, in the end I bought the GT3. I have to say that it was not price, nor reliability, it was the feel of the car, yes the 360 sounded great looked sexy, however it felt so fragile...(and no in the immortal words of "A Christmas story" that's not an Italian word)..I knew that I wanted to take the car to the track and just had a feeling that the 360 was going to get me to the track, just not back home.

That being said, I do believe that I will add a 430 to the stable, but will not sell the GT3 to accommodate that.

Long live the mighty GT3
Old 10-22-2004, 11:45 AM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Viken
The Challenge Stradale .... Market value as we speak is between $200k and $220k depending on equipment and location.

new [less than 250 mile] non-red CS are still selling 225-230 in LA. red 500 mile cars can be found on the east coast for 209.

the new cars are just about gone.

Viken's comparison is suberbly accurate. the CS is truly wonderful in the bumps. Ferrari succeed in bringing its "RS" to the USA whilst Porsche did not
Old 10-22-2004, 12:06 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by BrianPA
Viken the street GT3 (not RS) had no trouble matching the CS in pretty much every mag comparison.
I assume you are talking about numbers. I don't put much importance into magazine reviews and/or tests. My feelings are based purely on personal experience and real world driving by ordinary people like us. I've driven my GT3 and a Stradale back to back on the same roads on the same day and my GT3 lost.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:16 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Here's the Rosso Dino CS Terry is referring to:

Old 10-22-2004, 01:32 PM
Bill_C4S
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Noticed there was also a low mileage green CS at FM Socal...different and rather provocative.

Quick Reply: Anyone own or have a owned GT3 & F 360?