GT3 vs Z06

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 12:02 AM
Johninrsf
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Greg Fishman
Sorry but you are wrong.

The GT3 wasn't tested it was a 911 Turbo. http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....page_number=11 http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=4
WOW, I can't believe all the posts after mine in such a short period of time.
Greg, thank-you for your info.
You remind me of the saying, "once I thought I was wrong, but I was wrong", or something like that. This time, I might have really been wrong, but my recollection is that in the body of the article, they said the ZO6 couldn't have made it into the top 10. No?
Thanks,
John
Old 03-18-2004, 12:22 AM
Johninrsf
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Greg Fishman
You also need to read their selection criteria. They only choose the top two cars from different "classes: of car. The Z06 and the 360 were not chosen, nor were they tested. So it is hard to be in the top 10 if you are not tested.

Did you bother to read the article???
Greg, I've reread the article and you are right about 99%. However, I'd like to call to your attention the lead paragraph in the Sports Car section of the article. It says:
"At first glance the obvious question is" Where is the Chevrolet Corvette Zo6? How about classic muscle cars like the Ford Mustang? Shouldn't these two be perfect players for this drag strip showdown? Well, they just aren't fast enough. Based on our latest tests, the new Dodge Viper and the Porsche 911 Turbo with the XD-50 power package are the only sports cars that can make the cut as top contenders in this class".

So, I think we can conclude that the Zo6 was "tested". It just didn't make the cut. But, theoretically, it's possible that it could be #3 behind the Porsche and the Viper.

John
Old 03-18-2004, 08:16 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

John,
Not sure how R&T decided on the Viper and the 996TT, was it previous tests they had run? I don't know that they didn't test the Z06 for this 0-100-0 test but I would be surprised that they didn't post the results if they did. Either way it was a pretty impressive run for the TT, the Viper is very strong competion.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:03 PM
Orca
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If interested in the Z06 vs the GT3 at Infineon with Kevin Buckler (Racers Group) behind the wheel check out the latest issue of Sports Car International. If I recall the numbers correctly the GT3 lapped Infineon in 1:51, the Z06 in 1:57 and the Evo higher than both.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:13 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Orca,
Please rewind to page 3 of this thread.... https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...5&pagenumber=3

Quick Reply: GT3 vs Z06