Very nice! Go for it. Post pix.
The following users liked this post:
Bmuldoon (05-28-2020)
Old 05-28-2020, 01:39 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 976 Likes on 654 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottArizona
I'd also like to know where to source the air scoop! I read about early production runs having fittment issues. Would appreciate your experience.

I too broke some of the tabs. No big deal...just put a dab of 100% silicone on the good remaining tabs and they will hold in place well. And if you have to source new ones, the paint match would not be critical as this is a very inconspicuous area (I'd be tempted to just rattle can, clear, buff, and install).
I installed the repro one that FVD sells. It fit great, no issues. I ran a strip of 1/16" neoprene foam between the scoop and the decklid. I drilled and used the 3 bolts to secure it. A lot of people have used double sided tape, I preferred to drill b/c my car is mostly track use and as hot as it gets I felt better using screws. If you choose to drill yours let me know I can give you more details, you have to drill both layers of the decklid....I can give you details on how I did this to get a clean/factory final look using rubber plugs.

I had a body shop prep and paint it in satin black to accent the the RS wing and my satin black wheels and mirror caps (car is arctic silver), but many people match the scoop in body color.

Bmuldoon (05-28-2020)
Old 05-29-2020, 04:16 AM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Bmuldoon
Hi All,
I've have my 2004 GT3 for almost a year now. I love the car and try to get it out as much as I can, even with only 22,000 on the clock. I always told myself I'd leave it stock but I got the itch and was able to source OEM Perlon GT3 RS seats. Additionally I've strongly been considering the OEM RS Carbon Fiber Wing. Would love to hear any and all opinions of the Genuine RS wing on standard 996 GT3 cars. I think the carbon would look nice against my Jet Black car but I'm on the fence.

I've included my stock car below, a photoshop mock-up and another rennlister's car for reference. Appreciate your input!
My old car. Really miss this one. Back in the days the RS wing was fairly reasonable in price. Loved the look. Due to age, after 16 years I would probably leave it stock since the 996 GT3 has become a classic. RS wing certainly adds that boy-racer look. Good thing is your car is black so it would blend nicely. bottomline is you can't go wrong with OEM piece. Just what look you prefer.

LuisGT3 (06-12-2020)
Old 05-29-2020, 10:29 AM
Bmuldoon
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 20C4S
My old car. Really miss this one. Back in the days the RS wing was fairly reasonable in price. Loved the look. Due to age, after 16 years I would probably leave it stock since the 996 GT3 has become a classic. RS wing certainly adds that boy-racer look. Good thing is your car is black so it would blend nicely. bottomline is you can't go wrong with OEM piece. Just what look you prefer.

Wow... that grey with the RS wing looks amazing and the PCCB to top it off. Wonderful spec! What did you replace it with??

Agree with you on the modifications. Wouldn't want to do anything that I couldn't turn back to stock. Wing is ordered and needs to come from Germany so hopefully I'll have it in the next week or two.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:39 AM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 351 Likes on 217 Posts

Another vote for RS wing here. I had one on my previous black 996 GT3 and it made the car IMO.

Old 05-29-2020, 10:55 AM
Bmuldoon
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by spiller
Another vote for RS wing here. I had one on my previous black 996 GT3 and it made the car IMO.

Amazing! Now I know exactly what my car will look like! It does blend nicely with the black.
Old 05-29-2020, 11:21 AM
Bmuldoon
Rennlist Member

Spiller - what center exhaust do you have on your car?
Old 05-29-2020, 11:39 AM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 976 Likes on 654 Posts

Amazing! Now I know exactly what my car will look like! It does blend nicely with the black.
Gorgeous car. I sure wish someone would come up with a rear bumper solution that covers up the 6-Cup center exit muffler conversion.
Old 05-29-2020, 12:25 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 869 Likes on 573 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickshu
I installed the repro one that FVD sells. It fit great, no issues. I ran a strip of 1/16" neoprene foam between the scoop and the decklid. I drilled and used the 3 bolts to secure it. A lot of people have used double sided tape, I preferred to drill b/c my car is mostly track use and as hot as it gets I felt better using screws. If you choose to drill yours let me know I can give you more details, you have to drill both layers of the decklid....I can give you details on how I did this to get a clean/factory final look using rubber plugs.

I had a body shop prep and paint it in satin black to accent the the RS wing and my satin black wheels and mirror caps (car is arctic silver), but many people match the scoop in body color.
I predict a few calls to Rhonda @ FVD will be happening.
she'll roll her eyes and say, " must be some hot new thread on RL or Pelican right now................".

I'll be one of them...............

Last edited by cgfen; 05-29-2020 at 12:54 PM.
Nickshu (05-29-2020)
Old 05-29-2020, 02:23 PM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 84 Posts

Wow... that grey with the RS wing looks amazing and the PCCB to top it off. Wonderful spec! What did you replace it with??
Car was hit by a illegal u-turn Camry then pushed me to another parked Camry... the pre-Prius days LOL.

That would've been a keeper if the accident didn't happen.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:51 PM
Bmuldoon
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 20C4S
Car was hit by a illegal u-turn Camry then pushed me to another parked Camry... the pre-Prius days LOL.

That would've been a keeper if the accident didn't happen.
So sorry to hear that. What a shame. Glad you're alright.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:18 PM
Backmarker
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Buy mine, save $$$ ;-) https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1180183

RS wing is a great visual upgrade. Found it to be not very noticeable on the track, just shimmed it 4 degrees less than OEM wing

Obligatory RS wing pic, car is midnight blue and sold

Old 05-29-2020, 08:05 PM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 351 Likes on 217 Posts

Spiller - what center exhaust do you have on your car?
Car is now sold (and sports a 3.9L!) but it was an M&M cup exhaust. About $5500 from FVD, sounded amazing and made good torque/hp with supporting mods

Originally Posted by Nickshu
Gorgeous car. I sure wish someone would come up with a rear bumper solution that covers up the 6-Cup center exit muffler conversion.
The M&M muffler hung down quite a bit more than an actual cup muffler as it was slightly larger. I agree, it bothered me a bit too.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:06 PM
mpiffaretti
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts

+1 on the RS wing... not only looks cool, but its highly functional on fast sweepers...

The following 2 users liked this post by mpiffaretti:
911S4 (06-03-2020), Nickshu (06-01-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 11:00 AM
Evolution
Pro

Received 124 Likes on 51 Posts

@ OP: your car is going to look fantastic. Hopefully you're in the PHL burbs like me...

Quick Reply: Opinions Welcome: RS Wing