Gt3 vs Gt2 on Stunt

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 11:43 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Todd/Watt,

This is a personal squabble, I'm tired of it and I hope other's feel the same way. It's (IMO) becoming an abuse of this Forum and I think you guys should take it out to the parking lot.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:44 PM
macfly
Three Wheelin'

Smile OK, time to be moving on!!

because you were just yanking my chain
Todd, sadly he has never stopped!
I suspect that this is all just great good sport to Watt, and he is relishing every long drawn (yawn) out moment of it.

The good news is we all now know you have a car you love, and we can come drive, eat, and drink (afterwards) in safety at your events, without fear of Jesse James and Raving Rice Burners attacking our Pcars as if the were Space Invaders. On top of that Watt has given us all something to laugh about at dinner afterwards.

I would suggest that we leave it well alone now, even if more stones are cast the horse is long dead, and needs no more beating.

That said, I saw several cars with those grey plastic lights at the POC this weekend.
I'm not meaning to get you all going again, but my $.02, they look cheap nasty, and very Rice!
I like the orange lights much better, they just look right, they add a nice splash of color to the silver, grey and black cars, and don't do anything to distract from the yellows and reds. They grey just looks like a design error, a patch, a band aid, while the orange has a purposful elegance.

It is after all the color that Hermes box everything in, and you just can't argue with that!
Old 02-02-2004, 11:50 PM
mds
Pro

I was thinking the same thing Todd. It's not assassination, it's suicide.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:58 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: 2 sides to every story

Originally posted by watt
"... Watt does not now and has never had any affiliation with HWFMR."

(1) i was playing the joke ... (2) i have never heard from your intellectual property attorneys.
(1) Just what "joke" were you playing, other than to intentionally mislead Rennlisters into believing an association you did not have?
(2) I have no proprietary interest in HWFMR, but my client does and you did hear from his attorney. Of course, that begs the question. People of integrity don't need a cease & desist letter to remind them of the difference between right & wrong. They know.

In any event, I note that in response to public & private requests you have changed your signature to Director of Bombast, HWTFR. A simple mea culpa & deletion of the offending reference would have been preferable to continued foolishness only designed to again confuse readers.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:06 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Okay...as Mac said, the horse is dead and is on the verge of decay. Let's get back to P-car talk...Thanks :-)
Old 02-03-2004, 12:07 AM
Todd Serota [TracQuest]
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally posted by Colm
Todd/Watt,

This is a personal squabble, I'm tired of it and I hope other's feel the same way. It's (IMO) becoming an abuse of this Forum and I think you guys should take it out to the parking lot.
I agree with you 100%, Colm, except for two things. First, you should be addressing your post to Watt, not to both of us. I've done nothing but defend myself. Take a look at the thread. I thought it was over until Watt put up his last post. I'm sorry, but in light of everything that's been said and the number of people who are watching, I don't feel that I can let something like that alone. If I didn't respond, people would assume it's because he's right and that I was unable to say anything. That negatively affects my integrity, and I don't believe you think I should have to do that, even if it means another post in a thread that's already way too long.

Second, I don't want to take it out to the parking lot. I want it to be over. I'm running 3 businesses and I've got a lot better things to do with my time than deal with this kind of garbage - here and on another board on which I don't even post, where Watt also came after me out of nowhere. As it was before Watt put up his latest post, if he stops, not another word about it will be heard from me on this subject.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:07 AM
CodeRed
Rennlist Member

Why don't you guys just try paper, scissors, rock and call it a day.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:32 AM
Todd Serota [TracQuest]
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally posted by CodeRed
LOL! My 3 and 5 year old daughters are infatuated with that game!
Old 02-03-2004, 12:42 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Todd, I would agree with you except that each time you post you manage to expose Tracquest and all your other businesses. That leads me to question (though I understand) your motives in continuing to respond. Nice free publicity, and I'm just telling it like it is.

I am supportive of you, your business etc. but like I said (IMO ) enough is enough. I realize that by posting this I've give you another shamelsss plug, but forget about Watt, and enjoy the great deal you got on the car.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:46 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

PS

It will be much more effective to let others defend you, we're all in all a pretty fair minded and intelligent bunch, even though some of us just went to "hedge" schools.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:53 AM
Ryan S.
Racer

Originally posted by CodeRed
Dont mean to burst your bubble, but where im from its rock, paper, scissors, not paper, scissors, rock. Your way just sounds weird to me. Does anyone else actually say paper, scissors, rock.

And i agree, ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS is a great game. At work i some times use it to decide which employe will have to do a certain task. It works perfectly too. I never have any complaints from em about using the game. But i let em no before hand that we only use rock, paper or scissors. Gatling guns, sticks of dynamite, or even nukes are not tolerated.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:28 AM
Hamann7
User

Todd, do you charge by the word or by the hour in your law practice.

Does the word "verbose" mean anything to you?

And all over a set of $35 side markers. This is some funny ****.

If you thought it was so unpleasant to buy a car from Watt, all you had to do was not buy/lease it. You got a hell of a deal for $138K. That is chump change for a GT2, so why bitch about it?

God knows what you would have demanded from a dealer if you had to pay full retail for one.

Admit it, you're a miser.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:41 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hamann7,

Look on it this way, it was more like Watt was "Santa Claus" giving away his car so cheap! That way everybody wins!
Old 02-03-2004, 03:36 AM
macfly
Three Wheelin'

Thumbs down Guys, please stop it!

This thread has now got as absurd and tragic as 'Fast & Furious 5'.

Please, please can we keep it to cars, not personal vendettas and mudslinging.

Watt threw the first pebble, and unitentionally I threw the second one, the rest is history, which I hated at school, and now I'm really hating it here.

I don't care one little bit who is right, wrong, rich or poor. I am interested in just one thing, how we can better enjoy out cars, and how we can share that information on the boards here.

If this thread is still alive in the morning I think JohnD or Viken shoul just put it out of it's misery for good!
Old 02-03-2004, 04:59 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Bring it back to topic, about Stunt road. A favorite of mine, too bad I can't hit speeds like that, especially in that section. Oh well, its still fun. I'll see you guys up there!
~Eyal

Quick Reply: Gt3 vs Gt2 on Stunt