996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

996 passenger door won't lock

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 02:11 PM
DBJoe996
Rennlist Member

Received 1,091 Likes on 701 Posts

Did you consider why the door lock mechanism was on EBay? Maybe someone replaced a bad one and said hey I'll just put it on EBay and sell it to some sucker. Before you go the whole immobilizer/reprogramming route, get a new door lock mechanism. I certainly would try that first. FWIW I don't buy Porsche parts (or anything for that matter) off EBay because one is always hearing stories about getting ripped off with crap parts. Caveat Emptor...
Old 06-18-2017, 07:43 PM
Jaketopsy
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DBJoe996
Did you consider why the door lock mechanism was on EBay? Maybe someone replaced a bad one and said hey I'll just put it on EBay and sell it to some sucker. Before you go the whole immobilizer/reprogramming route, get a new door lock mechanism. I certainly would try that first. FWIW I don't buy Porsche parts (or anything for that matter) off EBay because one is always hearing stories about getting ripped off with crap parts. Caveat Emptor...
Door lock mechanism(s) were fine, immobilizer was/is the culprit, all to common on these cars. Passenger door lock & courtesy lights are the only affected systems.

Quick Reply: 996 passenger door won't lock