996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

996 Millennium Edition Registry/Info

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017 | 07:02 PM
Simonripley
Instructor

Originally Posted by ukon
Sorry for the delayed response, I wasn't getting notices.
The previous owner had replaced the tires as they were dry rotted and had both the fuel pumps in the tank replaced as well as having the tank cleaned out.
The only thing I replaced myself was the backup light switch and the oil. I scored a free check up by the local dealer in Rockville, MD and they discovered that the spray nozzles for the headlights are spraying in different directions and the windshield sprayers are not working (thinking both are clogged).
As far as use wise i drive it a little bit on the weekends for now. Sort of up in air of if I am going to keep driving it, abuse the hell out of it or hold on to it. Just kidding on the abuse part. Although i am finding it difficult to go from 4 digit mileage to 5 digits.
That seems like minimal maintenance for a Porsche that was stored so long. Again, such a great find. I don't envy you though, ha ha. I'm dreading the day I hit 60k miles. I can't imagine having a car like ours with less than 10k. I guess you can rest in the fact that even when you pass 10k, your car will still be more cherry than everyone else's on here, pretty much.

That brings up a good topic though. With regards to car care, I still use Meguiar's products like their car soap and cleaner wax. I'd say they do a decent job cleaning the car. Anyone using any next level stuff they want to share?
Old 06-23-2017 | 01:12 PM
'02onthebrain
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Simonripley
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]

Judging by the Wheel Dynamics thread, I think it’s ok to post about companies if you have personal experience with them. How about a pic of the final product?

Looks like you drive it sparingly with only 2,000 miles in 3+ years.
Yes, Ferdinand sits in the garage way too much with only weekend driving. I drove the car a bit more when I first bought it but now my commute is down to 3 miles a day to the train station so I avoid that short trip with this car.

Here are some pics of the steering wheel and side door pocket redone. It matches the original pretty spot on.

Old 06-28-2017 | 08:02 PM
JimmyB
Rennlist Member

Default Pics of my wood, as promised

Sorry this took so long ... and back when our cars were new I guess I'd apologise to those on still on 56k because of all the pics, but this is 2017

Before:

Last edited by JimmyB; 08-18-2017 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-28-2017 | 08:04 PM
JimmyB
Rennlist Member

... and after:

Old 06-28-2017 | 08:05 PM
JimmyB
Rennlist Member

There's a slight difference in shade, far more noticeable in the pics than it is in real life. And I'm told it should darken with time. Overall I'm pleased.

I had all this done by a guy down in Florida ... took forever and I still haven't received the shift boot I was promised as compensation for the delay, but the price was right and the workmanship is pretty good.
Old 06-29-2017 | 09:18 PM
TAZ40JAHRE
Rennlist Member

Thanks, Ted. Yours is the model that led me to start this registry. I actually started it just to see if there were other Millennium Editions near me. Now that it's going I'd like to get as many owners as possible and share any updates, stories or projects on their cars here.

I've been extremely impressed by the folks who've joined. Of the 10 actual members on the registry we have a supercharged ME, a turbocharged ME, an original owner, an owner with less than 10k miles, someone who has transferred their ME across the Atlantic, and also someone who restored a Millennium Edition as a way to bond with the young sons of a close friend who was the previous owner that passed away.

I'd definitely be interested in hearing how you manage your group.
Here's my email address - please shoot me an email and we can chat some more. 40jahre911@gmail.com
Old 06-30-2017 | 12:09 AM
Simonripley
Instructor

Originally Posted by JimmyB
There's a slight difference in shade, far more noticeable in the pics than it is in real life. And I'm told it should darken with time. Overall I'm pleased.

I had all this done by a guy down in Florida ... took forever and I still haven't received the shift boot I was promised as compensation for the delay, but the price was right and the workmanship is pretty good.
Finally!! Haha! Um, wow that wood was wratched. The new wood looks much better and defintely has the OEM look. I see what you mean about the leather slightly not matching in yours and '02onthebrain's. I'm sure its hardly noticeable in person.

The dealer had replaced the door bin covers, probably due to sitting in the Texas sun for months, with what I think is Savannah Leather. It too doesn't quite match depending on the light as you can see if you compare first vs. third pic. I honestly didn't notice they were different until a couple months after purchasing. At first I wanted to change them back but I like the leather look better now.

Old 08-01-2017 | 09:06 AM
JimmyB
Rennlist Member

Here's what looks to be an ME steering wheel on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162600360545

Cracks in the wood, leather not in great shape, and there's a split in the airbag. At $1200 I suspect it'll be on sale for a while ...
Old 08-14-2017 | 12:28 PM
Jasoncaudill
Track Day

Default GPS antenna

Do any of you know where the GPS antenna for navigation is at on our cars? My NAV isn't finding any satellites and I am wondering if antenna became disconnected....

thanks
Old 08-15-2017 | 01:46 PM
jaetee
Rennlist Member

My ME with Nav has a wire in the window which my former non-Nav C2 Cab did not have... I always thought that was for the Nav.
Old 08-21-2017 | 07:25 PM
JimmyB
Rennlist Member

#287 for sale in PA

http://oscarmotorcars.com/porsche-li...ltra-rare.html
Old 08-22-2017 | 10:55 AM
Simonripley
Instructor

Originally Posted by JimmyB

It's in pretty good shape.
Old 08-22-2017 | 11:10 AM
jaetee
Rennlist Member

"Millie" 164 is currently in the hospital having extended open heart surgery. She should be home soon with a slightly enhanced and dramatically improved heart and prostate. Details will follow when the Doc is washing up afterwards.

Old 08-22-2017 | 01:21 PM
Simonripley
Instructor

Originally Posted by jaetee

"Millie" 164 is currently in the hospital having extended open heart surgery. She should be home soon with a slightly enhanced and dramatically improved heart and prostate. Details will follow when the Doc is washing up afterwards.

Give us the deets, Jae! Is this an emergency situation, or is it a voluntary upgrade?

My daughter also named my car Millie. She's 9, lol.
Old 08-22-2017 | 01:47 PM
jaetee
Rennlist Member

Give us the deets, Jae! Is this an emergency situation, or is it a voluntary upgrade?

My daughter also named my car Millie. She's 9, lol.
Cool! I have an 8-year old boy, he helped with the name.

Details as to what happened are chronicled here: https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...me-cranky.html

Details as to the final list of what's going to be done are still yet to come...

Quick Reply: 996 Millennium Edition Registry/Info