Paint looks like it blistered
2.50%
Paint looks like it was damaged in a car wash
22.50%
Paint looks fine to me....
0%
Still scratching head.....
0%
Why have I read all the options thus far?
2.50%
Who cares, what kinda wheel is that?
0%
I don't have a reply,
0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Wheel mystery, what is your guess?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 10:41 AM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 306 Likes on 169 Posts

Jesus it was sarcasm.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:38 PM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 454 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by DTMiller
Jesus it was sarcasm.
Have I ever been known to post a sarcastic post?
Old 02-23-2017, 01:40 PM
Cuda911
Race Director

Originally Posted by b3freak
Actually, it's the customer that's being "unreasonable and irrational".

But after the dust settles, you have to ask yourself... Which is less costly to your business in time, crew labor, materials, and reputation?

1. Standing firm and not repairing the damaged wheel based on the evidence. Risk going to small claims court and having to pay court/legal costs and refunding the person's money anyway. Risk having your reputation falsely damaged by this type of person once they hit the car forums and social media.

or...

2. Chalk it up as a loss and repair the damage. Save time and money fighting it in court and protect your reputation.

Remember, we're talking only a $100 to fix this problem and move on with life. If spending hundreds, even thousands of dollar is worth the high-fives and pats on the back, then more power to you.
Total knee-jerk reaction. Best to think things out before acting.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:41 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Cuda911
Old 02-23-2017, 01:48 PM
GPA951s
Three Wheelin'

Received 270 Likes on 209 Posts

Car is parked on the street, .. My Guess... Skateboarders...or Bike..
Old 02-23-2017, 02:07 PM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 306 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by Cuda911
Excuse me, I was talking to Jesus. Amen.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:26 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by GPA951s
Car is parked on the street, .. My Guess... Skateboarders...or Bike..
BINGO!!! This was my personal suggestion when anyone says that they don't park in the street, etc. Can't keep kids away from cars, they are like magnets.... LOL
Old 02-23-2017, 02:57 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 545 Posts

Nah, I've skated most my life and can't think of a board that would leave those black marks higher up on the spoke. It almost looks like another vehicles tire rolled up on it. The car wash wheel guide bars is the likely culprit I think.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:21 PM
jaetee
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

If it were from a car wash, wouldn't there be more spokes showing black scrapes?

Pretty sure it was NOT a manufacturing defect though...
Old 02-23-2017, 04:27 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 545 Posts

Not if it hit as the driver pulled it in and corrected before it was whisked away.
I've seen run away shopping carts hit cars too. Who really knows but it is most definitely not from poor manufacturing.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:35 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Update, well I thought I'd post a final update..... that was a couple of hours ago...

Customer was told when he dropped off the wheel that we would only charge him for materials, not labor on the re-refinishing or no labor on tire services. We told him in writing that it would take "AT LEAST 4-DAYS", well on day 3 Friday he sent us an email telling us that he is not happy because we told him that it would be ready Monday. Long story short after explaining to him that "at least" means "minimum", not maximum.

Needless to say he said he would come pick up Tuesday since he was busy Monday, not a problem, customer arrives, we show him the wheel, the customer NOT KIDDING... whips out a black-light to inspect the wheel... Yes, not kidding, this really happened, we perform the road-force balancing and nitrogen inflation in front of him, snap on his center caps..... NOW WAIT FOR IT.....

We tell him, "NO CHARGE" just be careful with it.....

The story is not over, about an hour later we receive a reply via Email stating "does anyone check the wheels after they are done" etc. he found an inclusion by the center cap.

Our reply, bring it back if you are not happy with it however we need 7-10 working days like every other wheel that comes here, we probably shouldn't be rushed if we are going to be put under a black light... who knows maybe it will be searched under gamma-rays next time....
Old 03-14-2017, 10:30 PM
dblvanos
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Power to you for staying professional.

I would have written him a check for a full refund and advised him he needed the money more than I do.

Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics
Update, well I thought I'd post a final update..... that was a couple of hours ago...

Customer was told when he dropped off the wheel that we would only charge him for materials, not labor on the re-refinishing or no labor on tire services. We told him in writing that it would take "AT LEAST 4-DAYS", well on day 3 Friday he sent us an email telling us that he is not happy because we told him that it would be ready Monday. Long story short after explaining to him that "at least" means "minimum", not maximum.

Needless to say he said he would come pick up Tuesday since he was busy Monday, not a problem, customer arrives, we show him the wheel, the customer NOT KIDDING... whips out a black-light to inspect the wheel... Yes, not kidding, this really happened, we perform the road-force balancing and nitrogen inflation in front of him, snap on his center caps..... NOW WAIT FOR IT.....

We tell him, "NO CHARGE" just be careful with it.....

The story is not over, about an hour later we receive a reply via Email stating "does anyone check the wheels after they are done" etc. he found an inclusion by the center cap.

Our reply, bring it back if you are not happy with it however we need 7-10 working days like every other wheel that comes here, we probably shouldn't be rushed if we are going to be put under a black light... who knows maybe it will be searched under gamma-rays next time....
Old 03-14-2017, 11:33 PM
Cuda911
Race Director

Yer lucky it wasn't Mr. Waterloo. He inspects everything with an electron microscope.

Quick Reply: Wheel mystery, what is your guess?????