Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

'03 Cab Bose Most Replacement System Another One Bites the Dust.

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 04:36 PM
Slopeslider
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Default '03 Cab Bose Most Replacement System Another One Bites the Dust.

Scroll down to post #4 for install.

The Bose Most system in my '03 Cab decided to play it's last tune about a month ago. It appears both the HU and AMP are DOA. I tried the MOST converter from AliExpress with no luck. I though I would rip the whole damn thing out and start over.

This weekend I'll be replacing the HU with an Alpine HD149BT single DIN and the AMP with a 5 channel Polk PA D5000.5. I choose the Polk in part because the sub channel is rated for 1 ohms. I bought the autoleads PC2-95-4 adaptor on Ebay. I'm keeping all the stock speakers.

I've searched my a$$ off on mulitple forums for install info. Checking with y'all to make sure I've got this right. On the HU, I only need to install switched power, illuminated power, amp trigger, ground and antenna. No real need to connect to the CDR-23 harness. RCA's (Front, Rear, Sub) to the AMP.
Amp- Use the autoleads adaptor to connect into the Bose Amp wiring harness to the speakers (Dash, Front, Rear and Sub). Connect the amp to the battery with inline fuse and ground.

I'll connect my iPad Mini already installed into the USB on the Alpine unit.

Anything I missed?

Last edited by Slopeslider; 01-15-2017 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-14-2017, 07:16 AM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 246 Posts

Sounds about right as I remember. I did mine last winter successfully.
Old 01-15-2017, 04:25 AM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

please report on sound quality after the installation.
I can't recall anybody commenting on keeping the stock speakers
Old 01-15-2017, 01:35 PM
Slopeslider
Pro

Finished up the install this morning. I'm real pleased with the results. I ran the dash, door and sub from the 5 channel amp and the rears off the head unit. The sound is crisper. The highs, mids and lows pop. The sound is not super bass heavy. Would like a little more on the low end but definitely sounds better than it did before. This set-up can get crazy loud and still sound clear. I would say it's definitely worth doing if your system crapped out like mine or you just want improved sound quality.

No damage to the factory harnesses. Tried to make it as factory looking as possible.

Funny story, as I was testing the system last night, before buttoning up everything and all of a sudden my dash lights started going crazy throwing one light after another: air bag, roll over, etc... then the rear spoiler deployed. I'm thinking to myself what the hell did I do? I'm pretty certain I wired everything correctly and the system was working fine. Turns out it was my battery. Threw it on a charger for a few hours and everything was back to normal.

Old 01-15-2017, 02:32 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 171 Posts

Nice write-up. Looks like your son approves!
Old 02-12-2017, 03:46 PM
Slopeslider
Pro

A little update. I now have the system really dialed in thanks to the Alpine TuneIt app. Downloaded a tune designed by another 911 Cab owner and all I can say is wow! It really made the bottom end come alive. When you crank it up crystal clear and the base hits so hard that the dirt in the floor mats jumps out of the carpet in rhythm to the music. Cracks me up. Keep in mind this is with the Bose speakers and sub that are original to the car.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:11 PM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 246 Posts

So how does this app tune the system? Looks like more of a remote control?
Old 02-12-2017, 08:29 PM
Slopeslider
Pro

Originally Posted by JTT
So how does this app tune the system? Looks like more of a remote control?
JTT it is more of a tool to help you set up your system. One really cool feature is when you have a device running app hooked up to your receiver it will let you share tunes with other users. You can even select tunes specifically for your car type.

Quick Reply: '03 Cab Bose Most Replacement System Another One Bites the Dust.