Sponsored by:

Buyer Beware - Race Tech Forged wheels PSA

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 03:20 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,154 Likes on 791 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Come on, guys; no politics in the technical forums, please. Take it to P&C in OT.
Oops! My sincere apologies
Old 01-14-2017, 06:44 PM
Gbug
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Race Tech Forged was actually c7Z06Bob (and RTF-backup, of course). It's a banning offense to register under a new user name after a previous ban and even worse after two prior bans.
Not surprised one bit, that last post by "Bob" this morning was extremely fishy. Nice work Mark!
Old 01-19-2017, 02:26 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Luch
Is RaceTech also Race Inc. or Wheel Dynamics?
There is a seller (Porscherims_net) that has these wheels but also great feedback. Just curious if there where other names to be careful of...

We would appreciate it if you would not mix our companies name/reputation with RaceTech

WE ARE IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH RACETECH, we don't buy, sell or distribute their wheels and we never will.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:27 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ion_berkley
99.999% sure they are unrelated to Wheel Dynamics. I researched them both before buying wheels from Wheel Dynamics (and had a good experience BTW)
Thank you sir,

We do appreciate your public feedback,
Old 01-19-2017, 02:42 PM
Esfoad
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I might be late with this but kudois to "stvsxm" for what might be the best explanation of the difference between a "race" car and a "street" car. Not to say don't track day your street car but go in with your eyes open and expect failures both small and large when using a street car.
I personally don't track my car, I value it too much to stress it that much but, man, is it fun to get on it for short bursts in everyday driving, always mindful of safety for others and me!
Old 01-30-2017, 02:50 PM
tommyboy214
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I would watch out for Race Tech Forged as well. I called and spoke with Raz who uses a voip exchange. He had advertised specials for the the holidays with shipments by December 18th. When I called he stated it may take a little longer. Raz sent an incorrect order form from his accountant Carl. After making several corrections he asked that i pay via cash at wells fargo. I instead paid by pay pal.

Here is where it got shady. I made a payment to RTF at the email for their business acount per their instructions. Raz immediately called to apologize and stated that due to the previous owner no longer being around they did not have access. calling Pay pal as well as RTF calling pay pal I received a refund due to Raz's inability to get the money. They even tried to set up a RTF email at gmail but it was linked to the same RTF business account which was frozen.

I reached out and spoke with Gary as well and at that point we chatted about the hustle. I even shared emails.

Rennlist should have taken other complaints more seriously. There other threads that had red flags, most of which have been taken down. My guess is there is no money to sue Raz for and he will disappear and pop up under a different name.

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware - Race Tech Forged wheels PSA