Old 01-13-2017, 12:56 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,801 Likes on 876 Posts

Old 01-13-2017, 01:52 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 260 Posts

I think it's normal for people to sign up and not post. It took me almost 18 months after I signed up RL for my first post. The first post was when I bought a 996 sold by a rennlister. Nothing wrong with that. I lurked and followed who is who in the zoo first.

The subject of wheels pricing is easy as it has been discussed over and over again. I would rather buy a used wheel from BBS that is race proven and rebuildable cheaper or at the same price as RF. OZ is a cheaper alternative I believe and competes in RF's price point. I paid $3600 for a set of used BBS E88s and rebuilt it for an additional $150 in parts. Is it the same price as a RF wheel set?

Consumers typically want to have their cake and eat it too but you get what you pay for at the end of the day. There is no way I would track wheels without a proven record. The stress placed wheels that are tracked is completely different than a street car. RF's wheels is at best a street wheel and maybe better served at SEMA shows replacing brick work altogether. It looks like people overpaid for these wheels from a seller (RF) who does not have the experience or knowledge to go long term.
Old 01-13-2017, 04:56 PM
garyever
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, I went back to the information I provided RTM 4 months ago when I filed the warranty claim and can see words like swung, served, veered, or turned sharply while avoiding other cars, all could have been included in that sentence as there was a lot going on as I tried to get the car off the track with out hitting something. "Spun" was a little exaggerated. I've written hundreds of lines on this RTM fiasco during the last 4 months and sometimes I dictate this stuff without rechecking my tone or closely looking for everything spell check dictation does to my text. You are not likely to see this happen again.

Race Tech motoring has a track record of cherry picking part of a sentence irrelevant to the charges being weighed against them to harpoon the poster and take the heat off the allegation they find themselves flat footed to defend. This is along with a # of other inappropriate tactics probably why a # of their replies have been removed for cause, and Rennlist eventually found it necessary to terminate them as a vendor along with CF and 6 speed.

Keep in mind, I will offer hard copy evidence with any allegation I charge RTM.
Old 01-14-2017, 03:12 AM
c7Z06Bob
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by garyever
Ok, I went back to the information I provided RTM 4 months ago when I filed the warranty claim and can see words like swung, served, veered, or turned sharply while avoiding other cars, all could have been included in that sentence as there was a lot going on as I tried to get the car off the track with out hitting something. "Spun" was a little exaggerated. I've written hundreds of lines on this RTM fiasco during the last 4 months and sometimes I dictate this stuff without rechecking my tone or closely looking for everything spell check dictation does to my text. You are not likely to see this happen again.

Race Tech motoring has a track record of cherry picking part of a sentence irrelevant to the charges being weighed against them to harpoon the poster and take the heat off the allegation they find themselves flat footed to defend. This is along with a # of other inappropriate tactics probably why a # of their replies have been removed for cause, and Rennlist eventually found it necessary to terminate them as a vendor along with CF and 6 speed.

Keep in mind, I will offer hard copy evidence with any allegation I charge RTM.

Then you shouldn't have an issue in taking a screenshot or printing the original email which you're referring to and post those images for everyone to see.

What does everyone else think?

Let's cast a public vote, Does anyone else want to see the email including dates, email addresses and timestamps or should we believe this man and not give the company a chance to defend themselves?

Why are you dodging showing the site your evidence of your original statement which now you're retracting.

You've openly posted your test results and your findings from the research you've done using Alibaba, why is it so hard for you to post your original email? If you wish to block our your personal information I totally understand just show the companies email address if you that makes you feel better. I know I wouldn't want my personal information floating around the world wide web.

Now you've kicked in my Sherlock Homes syndrome again, I have to ask, how many other post have you made which perhaps you "typed the wrong words"?

Bob
Old 01-14-2017, 10:11 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by c7Z06Bob
Then you shouldn't have an issue in taking a screenshot or printing the original email which you're referring to and post those images for everyone to see.

What does everyone else think?

Let's cast a public vote, Does anyone else want to see the email including dates, email addresses and timestamps or should we believe this man and not give the company a chance to defend themselves?

Why are you dodging showing the site your evidence of your original statement which now you're retracting.

You've openly posted your test results and your findings from the research you've done using Alibaba, why is it so hard for you to post your original email? If you wish to block our your personal information I totally understand just show the companies email address if you that makes you feel better. I know I wouldn't want my personal information floating around the world wide web.

Now you've kicked in my Sherlock Homes syndrome again, I have to ask, how many other post have you made which perhaps you "typed the wrong words"?

Bob
Does it excuse these crappy wheels' construction even if Gary spun his car? It is even a bigger liability if the wheels can't hold itself together during a car's "out of control moment." This is what I think.
Old 01-14-2017, 10:42 AM
ejdoherty911
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

c7Z06Bob, Race Tech Wheels seem to crack like fine china. Obviously there is something wrong with their wheels forged, cast, made out of clay, whatever. Second, let's assume Race Tech wheels are everything they claim. If that's the case Race Tech still wins the prize for worst customer service award. They take people's money and don't ship wheels. They ship wheels and don't stand behind their product. Customers can't pay by credit card. RED FLAGS!! I really don't care about Race Tech or Gary or the fine details of metal work. But I DO KNOW a shady, shady company when I see one and Race Tech is as unscrupulous as it gets!
Old 01-14-2017, 11:19 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Race Tech Forged was actually c7Z06Bob (and RTF-backup, of course). It's a banning offense to register under a new user name after a previous ban and even worse after two prior bans.
Old 01-14-2017, 11:23 AM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 545 Posts

I knew I smelt fish!
Old 01-14-2017, 11:42 AM
wildbilly32
Drifting

Received 786 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by garyever
c7Z06Bob---So BOB----you've never been on Rennlist before, there is zero information included in your profile, you are remembering my posts from several months ago while as a CF member and c7Z06Bob does not appear anywhere on the the CF site, now you are dissecting the the way I leave a track with a broken wheel, and are now telling Rennlist moderators how to run their forum? You think we're buying this?------Stop the trolling Race Tech and put your efforts into saving your business.
Gary: Nice catch!
Old 01-14-2017, 11:57 AM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Race Tech Forged was actually c7Z06Bob (and RTF-backup, of course). It's a banning offense to register under a new user name after a previous ban and even worse after two prior bans.
Shocking.

Old 01-14-2017, 02:13 PM
garyever
Advanced

Race Tech really needs a better stooge to write copy or at least one that would appear to have made it through elementary school. Race Tech, you are trying to make a dog hunt that just won't go with these tactics. I spent 25 years in the legal arena, you picked on the wrong guy to try to f***over this time, and you are going to trial as soon as we have our case complete.

Race Tech's mission here to poison the Rennlist pot of complaint contributors with "branding one brands all". If attacking the way I described driving off a track with one your wheels shattering spokes is the "best you got" after my writing several hundreds of lines of complaints against you on these forums alleging customer abuse, warranty fraud, , using false business addresses, operating a business after having your Calif business filings suspended, Issuing fake shipping and tracking numbers, distributing fake wheels advertised as mono block forged wheels, wrongful denial of warranty and returns to consumers, customer coercion, product and warranty bait and switch, and using a fictitious name to conceal the business location and illegal operations of RTM, etc., then you're going to have a lot of trouble branding me or any of the 40 other some complainants that have surfaced from the visibility of the crimes posted on the the Rennlist forums. This list continues to get longer and if you keep adding charges, I'll never get this done.

Do you stlll think stiffing me on a return of my $4400 for a fake set of wheels by trying to "bate and switch my warranty" was a smart move? You also bait and switched 3 other forum members so you now have 4 counts of Warranty fraud against you under the Magnason-Moss Warranty act of 1975, which carries fines and Criminal charges. Still think stiffing these forum members was a bargain for you? Hoping you are getting a good nights sleep.

I will move the details of this charge to this thread from another RL thread if anyone wants to read it.

Last edited by garyever; 01-14-2017 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:24 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,165 Likes on 795 Posts

This is getting better every day! Good for you Gary...got any interest in going after Trump?
Old 01-14-2017, 02:37 PM
garyever
Advanced

Don't I wish---don't get me started.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:50 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Come on, guys; no politics in the technical forums, please. Take it to P&C in OT.
Old 01-14-2017, 03:05 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 171 Posts

What about boobies? Can I post a boobies pic in this thread? Puhleeeze?

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware - Race Tech Forged wheels PSA