Sponsored by:

Carlsen Porsche rule!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 04:32 PM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Carlsen Porsche rule!

Just wanna say that i just got back from the Bay area San Fran.
Loren suggested I go see Carlsen Porsche in Redwood City to get my tail lift switch (can't seem to buy it in the UK). So I did. While there I saw a silver bonnet badge. Decided to buy that too.
Got talking to the manager. Was telling him about my gearbox problems and Porche UK being a pain in the proverbial and how I got messed around by them. This guy was so appolagetic about my problems he even offered to help.....and it's not even his problem!
Then to top it all off, he gave me the bonnet badge at cost!
I tell ya Carlsen Porche rule.
And thanks Loren for the tip.
Old 11-02-2003, 04:51 PM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Also want to say, I have never, ever seen so many 996s in my life!!!!!
Seems to me that if California didn't exist neither would the 996.
In one hour, yes one hour, I saw no less than 3, I say THREE brand spanking new 996 Turbo cabs drive up University in Palo Alto. One in black, one in Seal Gray and another in some strange colour I have never seen before. Looks like champagne silver or something like it. It was drop dead gorgious. I stopped counting 996s in the first day at about 25. I saw a few Boxters in the two week trip and one 78 911 and a few late 993s but 996 galore!

Oh and I would say that Carlsen had more 996s on the park lot than the whole of Northeren England!
Old 11-03-2003, 06:46 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And if you ever tried to deal with Carlsen...you'd find yourself going somewhere, else very quickly.

Maybe they "chum" the waters with the little things! Used to buy all my cars until they adopted "market value" (gouge the customer) policy.

Did you see there 2 left over GT2s.

Gad you had a good "little" experience"

By the way I've been driving past that "wreckers" yard in the Co Armagh, T-MET, and I still see a a few 996s stacked up on the racks.
Old 11-03-2003, 12:28 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Carlson sales and service are run by different folks. All the Bay area dealers are expensive on purchases.

I bought my S in Fresno and I service at Carlson. The main reason I paid a premium over the Treg was because of Carlson service.

Let's say Carlson "Service" rules.......
Old 11-03-2003, 12:54 PM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

I guess I just wanted to air my opinion on my experience with Carlsen vs similar experience with UK Porsche dealers. I was impressed and they deserve a mention to that effect.
Old 11-03-2003, 02:01 PM
LegoDoom
Instructor

Originally posted by Scouser
....and another in some strange colour I have never seen before. Looks like champagne silver or something like it. It was drop dead gorgious.
That was probably Meridian Metallic.
Old 11-03-2003, 02:25 PM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Thanks LegoDoom. It had a cream leather interior. As I said it looked incredible. Top was off too! But would hate to have to keep it clean.

The Seal Gray one was stunning too. I think that one is my favourite colour.
Old 11-03-2003, 10:05 PM
996blue
Advanced

if you lived in the Bay area long enough you would not go to Carlsen to service or buy a porsche....unless you did not care about service qaulity or price of your car.

-Rector Porsche fixed my soft top in one sitting - after a year (12 months and 4 days of whinning to PCNA, 5 trips to Carlsen with many overnight stays...all the top needed was adjustment so that the alarm would work right)....adjustments done under warranty may I add.

-MYPorsche in ocean city - best price in the area and great to deal with.....no nonsense. Carlse...."we never discount Porsches"....and their new facility is burried off the free-way.

what can I say.....****ty service over time burns enough people. I would not buy an 18th scale model from Carlsen, let alone service the plastic wheels.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:35 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

My war story about Rector:

Very early Boxster, over 160 days in the shop in first two years ownership. Top issue.

Two meetings w PCNA attorneys & our atty....... Full refund, done.

Carlson has been servicing my Cab & now my S, flawlessly & cordially..
Old 11-04-2003, 12:05 AM
996blue
Advanced

hey maybe they are all the same people!

or maybe they are just car dealers and we need to respect them for what they are......making a buck like everyone else.

I would have to say though Carlsen quotes cheaper service prices and does not keep on telling you your clutch is worn out when it isn't like Kevin at Rector.

sigh.....miss the BMW dealers - now that was class. Now if only the Z8 drove like a 996

maybe we could just fix our own cars like in college.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:17 AM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

"maybe we could just fix our own cars like in college."

Nah, I'm too lazy... :-)

Quick Reply: Carlsen Porsche rule!