Received 424 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete
Did you search what it is?
Sounds like a job for an investigation reporter from CNN of Fox
Old 08-23-2017, 11:32 PM
Debo18D
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Well I guess since this necropost was resurrected, the really good question would be, how is the OP's bearing holding up? How many miles ya got on it? How is she running?

Cheers,
​​​​​​D.
Old 08-25-2017, 07:49 AM
RRTEC
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

The unbelievable post spamming on every EPS thread is infuriating. Why??? Definelty did not provide the results I think they were hoping for.... new customer confidence is most likely at an all time low...

My bearing is fine, haven't driven the car much, but no reason to lose sleep. I really don't understand who thought thread spamming was a good marketing ploy...🙄
Old 08-25-2017, 08:44 AM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,167 Likes on 796 Posts

So the patent is for a washer ("Thrust control device")? WTF ?
Old 08-25-2017, 11:11 AM
Cosmo Kramer
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 85 Posts

I am going my 2002 this winter and was considering this bearing but now seeing all this post spamming I don't know. Resurrecting year old threads to do copy and paste ads without any relevant info is in very bad taste.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:49 PM
Schnell Gelb
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Cosmo,
Great plan to replace and do some useful while-you-are-in-there work.
But just to be clear, there seem to be no prohibitive objections to roller bearings in general. Some of us just advocate the most appropriate design and do-no-harm Instructions . RND ?
Good Luck with your project
Old 08-30-2017, 07:12 PM
EPSAuto
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RRTEC
The unbelievable post spamming on every EPS thread is infuriating. Why??? Definelty did not provide the results I think they were hoping for.... new customer confidence is most likely at an all time low...

My bearing is fine, haven't driven the car much, but no reason to lose sleep. I really don't understand who thought thread spamming was a good marketing ploy...🙄
We are certainly NOT trying to SPAM. We are simply trying to respond to questions and concerns about our product. We have also read that some of the forum users were concerned with our lack of response, and we are finally at a place where we can take the time to address all of the questions and concerns regarding our products. If you have a better suggestion as to how I should reply to these questions, please let me know. Thank you!
Old 08-30-2017, 09:15 PM
wildbilly32
Drifting

Received 792 Likes on 507 Posts

EPSAuto: First I have no skin in this game as I am an outlier who is leaving my IMSB alone.

However, dredging up a 10 month dead thread does seem a little desperate and unseemly. Kind of like calling an old girl friend up late at night after striking out at the bars. Especially by throwing all kinds of ads on the forum in an alleged defense of your product. I see you are not listed as a Sponsor and I was under the impression that advertising in the forum when not a sponsor was taboo.

I must be mistaken about that part, but desperate seeming; most assuredly
Old 08-30-2017, 11:24 PM
RRTEC
Racer

Originally Posted by EPSAuto
We are certainly NOT trying to SPAM. We are simply trying to respond to questions and concerns about our product. We have also read that some of the forum users were concerned with our lack of response, and we are finally at a place where we can take the time to address all of the questions and concerns regarding our products. If you have a better suggestion as to how I should reply to these questions, please let me know. Thank you!
The questions people want you to answer you really can't/don't. Anti-EPS people look at your marketing materials, patents, and claims as vague or unfulfilling. And honestly you really can't win with this group. The only thing that is going to win people over is your pricing, coupled with people like me using your products and posting positive results....
The following users liked this post:
HBgreco (07-05-2022)
Old 08-31-2017, 08:40 AM
Billup
Three Wheelin'

Received 609 Likes on 337 Posts

Everyone had different questions in different threads, but each one received the same copy-pasta with the name at the beginning altered. Not who I would want to business with, which is exactly why I went with LN.

Jake provides a wealth of knowledge on here, as well as how he came up with his patents through R&D. That stands out a lot more than resurrecting ancient threads.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:59 PM
ltusler
Three Wheelin'

Received 122 Likes on 57 Posts

"Why did I install an EPS Bearing??"

I will go with" Who gives a ****" for a rats azz Alex.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:32 PM
RRTEC
Racer

Originally Posted by ltusler
"Why did I install an EPS Bearing??"

I will go with" Who gives a ****" for a rats azz Alex.
Stay Classy Rennlist.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:47 PM
EPSAuto
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RRTEC
The questions people want you to answer you really can't/don't. Anti-EPS people look at your marketing materials, patents, and claims as vague or unfulfilling. And honestly you really can't win with this group. The only thing that is going to win people over is your pricing, coupled with people like me using your products and posting positive results....
First off, I want to apologize for coming off the wrong way. After reviewing my original post on this thread I can see how it can be interpreted as spammy. My intent was to assure you of your purchase and give everyone a bit of insight to our patented technology.

RRtec, Thank you for going with the EPS IMSB and thank you for the feedback on our instruction. We WILL go back and improve on them.

Now to our bearing and our patent, which is what I think you are referring to when you say “The questions people want you to answer.”

I know I mentioned most of the things below in another thread. Sorry if this info is redundant to any of you.

We first used NJ204 bearing for about the first thousand units we manufactured. Now we use a German made cylindrical bearing that has been customized for us at a nonstandard measurement of 15mm. The reason why we switched to this bearing was in an effort to use all the real estate available to spread the load over the largest possible area. Additionally, due to our patented thrust control, the roller is a free wheeling roller, meaning there is no contact on the sides of the roller. Unlike ANY other cylindrical bearing solution, our axis load (thrust control) is not applied to the rollers, instead, it is applied to the entire perimeter of the outer race. The main advantage of this technology is that the rollers are not loaded from the side.

Cylindrical roller bearings are not intended for carrying large axial loads. When they are used for thrust control the roller becomes compromised due to the limited surface contact area on the sides of the rollers. The results of using a cylindrical bearing for thrust control will be similar to all other ball bearing solutions. In our system, we separate the radial Load and the axial load, the roller bearings do not carry the axis load (thus control) on the side, thus leaving the roller free to carry only one load, the radial load, which is the main load. The axial load is carried exclusively on the entire perimeter of the outer race.

Our patent invention is based on an innovative way to use cylindrical bearings with thrust control. This patent goes beyond the IMSB and can be applied to various other applications beyond Porsche.

If anyone has any further questions about our product, I will gladly reply as best as possible.
Old 08-07-2019, 12:49 PM
dannyway
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EPSAuto
First off, I want to apologize for coming off the wrong way. After reviewing my original post on this thread I can see how it can be interpreted as spammy. My intent was to assure you of your purchase and give everyone a bit of insight to our patented technology.

RRtec, Thank you for going with the EPS IMSB and thank you for the feedback on our instruction. We WILL go back and improve on them.

Now to our bearing and our patent, which is what I think you are referring to when you say “The questions people want you to answer.”

I know I mentioned most of the things below in another thread. Sorry if this info is redundant to any of you.

We first used NJ204 bearing for about the first thousand units we manufactured. Now we use a German made cylindrical bearing that has been customized for us at a nonstandard measurement of 15mm. The reason why we switched to this bearing was in an effort to use all the real estate available to spread the load over the largest possible area. Additionally, due to our patented thrust control, the roller is a free wheeling roller, meaning there is no contact on the sides of the roller. Unlike ANY other cylindrical bearing solution, our axis load (thrust control) is not applied to the rollers, instead, it is applied to the entire perimeter of the outer race. The main advantage of this technology is that the rollers are not loaded from the side.

Cylindrical roller bearings are not intended for carrying large axial loads. When they are used for thrust control the roller becomes compromised due to the limited surface contact area on the sides of the rollers. The results of using a cylindrical bearing for thrust control will be similar to all other ball bearing solutions. In our system, we separate the radial Load and the axial load, the roller bearings do not carry the axis load (thus control) on the side, thus leaving the roller free to carry only one load, the radial load, which is the main load. The axial load is carried exclusively on the entire perimeter of the outer race.

Our patent invention is based on an innovative way to use cylindrical bearings with thrust control. This patent goes beyond the IMSB and can be applied to various other applications beyond Porsche.

If anyone has any further questions about our product, I will gladly reply as best as possible.
Thank you for the supply of a great product.
Some people had unsatisfied with your manual.
Did you upgrade the manual?
Old 08-07-2019, 04:47 PM
NuttyProfessor
Three Wheelin'

Received 218 Likes on 162 Posts

Forgive the double posts, but thought this thread (link below) would be useful since there has been quite a bit of IMS bearing discussion. I learned a great deal from it.
Check it out!
https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...his-first.html

Quick Reply: Why did I install an EPS Bearing??