Sponsored by:

***Install aftermarket head unit in MOST car WITHOUT removing factory amp***

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 09:42 AM
some14all
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tyeske
Take a look at the thread - Double din stereo suggestions?

I have an 03 C4S that had a single din cdr 220. I put in a Pioneer double din with Apple CarPlay and love it. I ordered the most converter from Amazon for Mercedes Benz and it works great. There are 2 versions. I have the Xtrons optical fiber head unit for ML/ GL / R series. I installed it in June and have been enjoying it all summer. I read somewhere the other MB version may not work.

I’m still using the factory Bose amp and speakers. So you definitely have some options.
Thanx Tyeske. I am going to order that. I am also curious, did you order any wiring harness, antenna adapter, if so, which ones? and how about the plastic mounting kit (I think it is Metra brand)...I would appreciate pointers...
Old 09-11-2019, 09:43 AM
some14all
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanx Bmiller33. Did you order any wiring harness, antenna adapter, if so, which ones? and how about the plastic mounting kit (I think it is Metra brand)...I would appreciate pointers...
Old 09-11-2019, 10:25 PM
tyeske
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I ordered a kit from Suncoast Porsche. The kit has just about everything you need except the most fiber optic adapter. I wanted a cubby instead of putting the cd holder back in so I ordered that from Suncoast too.

When I first power up the radio sometimes I hear a some noise from the amp powering on, but once the radio comes on it goes away.

The only other issue I have is the trim around the radio is a friction fit and is a little loose on the right side. I need to find something to stick behind it to keep it in.

Here are a couple photos. One before I got the cubby, one after. If you have any other questions let me know.
Attached Images   
Old 12-20-2019, 11:34 AM
charha01
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tyeske
I ordered a kit from Suncoast Porsche. The kit has just about everything you need except the most fiber optic adapter. I wanted a cubby instead of putting the cd holder back in so I ordered that from Suncoast too.

When I first power up the radio sometimes I hear a some noise from the amp powering on, but once the radio comes on it goes away.

The only other issue I have is the trim around the radio is a friction fit and is a little loose on the right side. I need to find something to stick behind it to keep it in.

Here are a couple photos. One before I got the cubby, one after. If you have any other questions let me know.

Did you order the MOST adapter for your install in order to keep the factory Bose amp? If so, do you have a link to that adapter? All the links I've tried in this post (I may have missed one) seem to be dead.
Thanks
Old 12-20-2019, 01:48 PM
tyeske
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, I used the adapter to allow me to keep the Bose amp. This is not the exact one I used, but seems to have the same specs/applications.

Car Stereo Radio Optical Fiber Decoder Most Box for Mercedes Benz ML/R Series and for Porsche Cayenne Series
Amazon Amazon

Quick Reply: ***Install aftermarket head unit in MOST car WITHOUT removing factory amp***