Sponsored by:

Oops...i have Mille Miglia mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 02:57 PM
Jeremy Hazeltine
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Oops...i have Mille Miglia mufflers

Recently purchased my 996, and it came setup with muffler delete. The seller gave me the "stock" mufflers. With the muffler delete, though it sounds racey, it is aweful after a few minutes, and the droning is deafening.
So my thought was, i would dig out the stock mufflers and send em off to be fistered. Upon taking them out of the box, these don't look stock. Turns out, they are Mille Miglias.
Before i go through the work of reinstalling them, how do they sound? Should i go for some fisters instead?
Old 07-02-2016, 03:24 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 173 Posts

I don't have any first hand experience with them and frankly your post was the first time I had heard of them. But a quick online search yields several positive comments. Looks like they quit selling them for the 996 over 10 years ago though. I suspect that all of the love for the very reasonably priced Fisters drove many of the pricier models out of the market.
I would install them and see if you like them - it's not that big of a job.
Old 07-02-2016, 04:50 PM
Slakker
Race Car

Received 270 Likes on 124 Posts

I didn't realize it but a set of Mille's came as spares for my track car. I installed them along with a Fabspeed Catless X-pipe on my daily driver and absolutely love the setup. It's sounds great under normal driving and wicked at WOT. I'm not sure how much of the sound is the xpipe and how much is the mufflers but I think you will be pretty happy with them.

Warning, if you have to put the muffler brackets back on your car it can double or triple the amount of time the muffler install will take. At least it did for me.
Old 07-02-2016, 04:55 PM
Jeremy Hazeltine
Pro

The brackets are currently mounted to the mufflers. What makes it hard? Looks like just 3 bolts. Or would it be easier to mount the bracket, then the muffler to the bracket by its 2 bolts?
Old 07-02-2016, 05:07 PM
Slakker
Race Car

These are the brackets I struggled with. Like anything else, I could do it twice as fast the second time but it was more challenging than I anticipated. I also had track down bolts for them. Shorter bolts go underneath, longer ones on the side. But hopefully yours are still in place.

Old 07-02-2016, 06:36 PM
Jeremy Hazeltine
Pro

My brackets were much easier than those look. I left mine on the muffler, and mounted the entire assembly with the 3 studs. Wasn't terribly difficult.
Sound is 10,000 times better. Still has some rumble, but nothing like it was.
If anyone is looking for a set of muffler delete pipes, take these noise makers
Old 07-02-2016, 07:12 PM
Copilot
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy Hazeltine
If anyone is looking for a set of muffler delete pipes, take these noise makers
How much you want for them?
Old 07-02-2016, 07:36 PM
Slakker
Race Car

Originally Posted by Jeremy Hazeltine
My brackets were much easier than those look. I left mine on the muffler, and mounted the entire assembly with the 3 studs. Wasn't terribly difficult. Sound is 10,000 times better. Still has some rumble, but nothing like it was. If anyone is looking for a set of muffler delete pipes, take these noise makers
That means yours were still attached to the block. They are what the 3 studs attach to. Glad you like the mufflers!
Old 07-02-2016, 08:08 PM
Jeremy Hazeltine
Pro

Originally Posted by Copilot
How much you want for them?
Make me an offer tonget them off the garage floor

Quick Reply: Oops...i have Mille Miglia mufflers