Sponsored by:

2004 996 was told engine needed rebuild-Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 07:29 PM
MBMotorsports
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raymoni
""he always bashed my company since the start and all others any chance he gets""

and maybe your absolutely right. i didn't see those other posts, but if this is true take the high ground and build your company and product on your abilities and skill. I don't doubt your ability or skill. from what you have posted you seem to be an expert at what you do as well. I'm just saying I think if your great then you will do well by staying positive and building on what you do.....I'm new here so what do i know
You persuaded me and I treasure your good advise. Believe me it's not all about promoting my business, I also make my money outside of engine rebuilds. If I don't do it tomorrow I will be ok. If I wasn't a vendor here on rl I'd also pinpoint it the same way as a private guy. Doesn't matter if it's about engines or anything else.
Many, many times when I read his crap I resist the temptation to reply, other times when I see it too many times I reply. I've told him many times he does a great job and he doesn't need to promote himself this way.
I've been a racer for 20+ years and I tend to loose my temper when someone gets under my skin. That's who I am, I cannot do anything about it. One thing about me though, I always tell how it is, no unnecessary bs, I'm a straight up person. Years of track racing also made me a tough guy who doesn't fool around.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:33 PM
dgjks6
Drifting

Received 253 Likes on 162 Posts

But if people did not respond to negativity more than positivity, Donald Trump would not be our republican nominee.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:49 PM
MBMotorsports
Banned

Originally Posted by dgjks6
But if people did not respond to negativity more than positivity, Donald Trump would not be our republican nominee.
Exactly!
Unfortunately, the advise that you have to take a lot of crap from people, be a diplomat and kiss butt as a business owner is very good and true. It especially works here in US. But as a Polish guy I'm a little different, I cannot do either one of those things. Maybe I loose business by being this way but I'm not as determined to make money. It's a good advise but not for me. I could never be a diplomat or kiss *** for money, that's just not me. Maybe I'm being stupid not taking this advise and possibly loosing business but I'd rather be myself. If someone will choose my services great, if they won't that's fine too!
Old 05-15-2016, 08:06 PM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 454 Likes on 293 Posts

Maybe run for VP with The Donald?

Frankly, it seems that both of you guys know your stuff. I don't hire a mechanic to be my best buddy. I hire him because he knows his stuff.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:40 PM
rattlsnak
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ahsai
You can probably sell it "as is" for $9~10k (plenty of market for a roller).
This thread seemed to have gotten a bit derailed, but to the OP, rollers usually sell for @$5K all day long these days so figure that into your plans on which way to go..
Old 05-15-2016, 09:46 PM
m3driver
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I paid a hooker money to kiss my *** once in Bangkok. I spent $3.00 on that hoe and it was worth every penny...I just hope it wasn't a dude
Old 05-15-2016, 09:49 PM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by MBMotorsports
Exactly! Unfortunately, the advise that you have to take a lot of crap from people, be a diplomat and kiss butt as a business owner is very good and true. It especially works here in US. But as a Polish guy I'm a little different, I cannot do either one of those things. Maybe I loose business by being this way but I'm not as determined to make money. It's a good advise but not for me. I could never be a diplomat or kiss *** for money, that's just not me. Maybe I'm being stupid not taking this advise and possibly loosing business but I'd rather be myself. If someone will choose my services great, if they won't that's fine too!

It's not about kissing ***. It's about accepting people for who they are. Live and let live. There are 7 billion people in the world. Not all of them are going to approach things the same way you do.

If Jake truly were screwing people, he wouldn't have so many happy, loyal customers on this board. Lord knows Rennlister's aren't afraid to speak out when they feel they were wronged.

And you've got good people giving you good advice on how to not shoot yourself in the foot. It may be a cultural difference between doing business in Poland vs here. But most of the polish people I've met have been pretty cool people and were easy to do business with. Part of growing up is knowing when to beat your drum and when to sit back and listen to others to see if you might learn something. We just all tend to get there on our own time frame.

And as for Trump, just because we elect him President, doesn't make him any less of a self serving jackass.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:53 PM
raymoni
Intermediate

You persuaded me and I treasure your good advise. Believe me it's not all about promoting my business, I also make my money outside of engine rebuilds. If I don't do it tomorrow I will be ok. If I wasn't a vendor here on rl I'd also pinpoint it the same way as a private guy. Doesn't matter if it's about engines or anything else.
Many, many times when I read his crap I resist the temptation to reply, other times when I see it too many times I reply. I've told him many times he does a great job and he doesn't need to promote himself this way.
I've been a racer for 20+ years and I tend to loose my temper when someone gets under my skin. That's who I am, I cannot do anything about it. One thing about me though, I always tell how it is, no unnecessary bs, I'm a straight up person. Years of track racing also made me a tough guy who doesn't fool around.

I'm glad I wasn't trying to change who you are. believe me I am a huge a**hole in my everyday life, but for me my business is a separate entity and i am its representative. You want to take your anger out on those who give you a hard time? Success is the best revenge! I don't want to see your business fail..if your as good as you say you are (and I have no doubt) then your success benefits us all. Competition is good and a great Porsche engine technician even more rare!
Old 05-15-2016, 09:55 PM
raymoni
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Slakker
It's not about kissing ***. It's about accepting people for who they are. Live and let live. There are 7 billion people in the world. Not all of them are going to approach things the same way you do.

If Jake truly were screwing people, he wouldn't have so many happy, loyal customers on this board. Lord knows Rennlister's aren't afraid to speak out when they feel they were wronged.

And you've got good people giving you good advice on how to not shoot yourself in the foot. It may be a cultural difference between doing business in Poland vs here. But most of the polish people I've met have been pretty cool people and were easy to do business with. Part of growing up is knowing when to beat your drum and when to sit back and listen to others to see if you might learn something. We just all tend to get there on our own time frame.

And as for Trump, just because we elect him President, doesn't make him any less of a self serving jackass.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:57 PM
raymoni
Intermediate

Exactly!
Unfortunately, the advise that you have to take a lot of crap from people, be a diplomat and kiss butt as a business owner is very good and true. It especially works here in US. But as a Polish guy I'm a little different, I cannot do either one of those things. Maybe I loose business by being this way but I'm not as determined to make money. It's a good advise but not for me. I could never be a diplomat or kiss *** for money, that's just not me. Maybe I'm being stupid not taking this advise and possibly loosing business but I'd rather be myself. If someone will choose my services great, if they won't that's fine too!

LOL my wife is from Poland...stubborn, stubborn people I completely understand where your coming from, but believe me it is easier in the end. less stress, less anger, and more business!

oh, and one more thing "take a lot of crap from people, be a diplomat and kiss butt as a business owner".. you see that as loss and i see it as a win, because at the end of the day I walk away with the deposit in my hand, not my competitor. I see it as doing whatever it takes to win. Its all perspective
Old 05-16-2016, 02:31 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,843 Likes on 2,870 Posts

I see a lot of BS being thrown around here. I don't know one business owner who doesn't slam a competitor at times. Thats life.

We're talking engine rebuilding not brain surgery.

Both of these businesses being discussed do good work.

If they want to get into poopy pants fights in public I'm all for it and has no bearing(pardon the pun)on who I would hire to rebuild my engine - Business owners always trash other companies and if you disagree maybe you should be looking at your groin area to see if your ***** are still in tact.

Location/logistics experience and timeline/price determine who gets my business.

So lets cut the girly cheerleader crap
Old 05-16-2016, 03:28 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Default Classic Poopy Pants Fight

Old 05-16-2016, 03:30 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Default Modern Poopy Pants Fight

Old 05-16-2016, 03:40 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Default Godmother of Poopy Pants

Old 05-16-2016, 05:13 PM
KoB
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla
I see a lot of BS being thrown around here. I don't know one business owner who doesn't slam a competitor at times. Thats life.
+996

Name-calling, hair-pulling, blah, blah, blah. Until somebody gets indicted, it's just business.

Quick Reply: 2004 996 was told engine needed rebuild-Help