Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

PSA: 996 Rebirth- Dr. Raby and FSI delivers!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016 | 05:57 PM
Sneaky Pete
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 501Max
Is a Myth!!!! Busting you out. I have had a great experience working with Jake, Jud, and Kaley. The car was delivered as promised without any drama, on budget, and has a nice roar. On top of delivering the goods, this showed up on my doorstep today. Awesome addition to the wall art!!
Awesome! They are all top notch!
Old 05-05-2016 | 06:17 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

501 Max was great to work with... He's just a great guy!

For years I had people asking for decals, hats and crap like that. My response was always "what, a 400HP engine with my name on it isn't enough?" I kind of believe that all that image stuff is for the guys that want to impress the other guy, and not please themselves.

Anyway, that started me on a quest to find something that would be one of a kind for engine owners, and then I the idea of these 19X24" wall plaques. What gave me the idea was ordering a plaque similar to this for my IMS Solution Patent.

Anyway, there's only one way to get this, and we can do them for any past (original) purchaser too, for a fair cost. I retain dyno plots and basic specs, so I can easily do these.

These plaques will be rolled into all Track Performer and Track Performer Plus engine costs for projects executed after June 1, 2016. Street Performer engines will have these offered as an option.

They are available in etched aluminum (like 501 Max's) as well as backlit acrylic, and even wood.

BUT, what matters most is the damn engine.. We promise to never lose focus on the engine, and the smile on the face of its owner, thats what we care about!
Old 05-05-2016 | 08:39 PM
docmirror
Shameful Thread Killer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flat6 Innovations
Timing: It takes a long damn time. More than a year.

Costs: It costs a hell of a lot of money. More than most 996s are worth.

The whole Track Performer Plus combination. Internal, and external mods. Like everything we do, this combo is built by us, not bought.

Pete, This is my Generation 8, 4.0 that I was telling you about.
When you guys post up a dyno run, is that with all engine acc hooked up on the stand, or is that just the engine running on the test bed, or is it inferred from a rolling-road?
Old 05-05-2016 | 09:07 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Flat6 Innovations
BUT, what matters most is the damn engine..
ROFL that statement is so quintessentially Jake
Old 05-05-2016 | 09:31 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by docmirror
When you guys post up a dyno run, is that with all engine acc hooked up on the stand, or is that just the engine running on the test bed, or is it inferred from a rolling-road?
I only use my engine dyno cells (2) for engines that are being used for development. Things like new combos, cams, head work and etc are compared here with no vehicle as a variable. This is a lab setting.

The results that customers see are from my dynojet chassis dyno. This is real power as measured at the drive wheels. This does not take into consideration the power losses from drive axles, brakes, transaxle and etc.

The differences between my engine dyno numbers gathered at the flywheel,(like the factory Porsche ratings) and the power at the wheels is roughly 18-22% for a C2. This puts 501Max just over 400HP/ 100HP per liter from a 996.2 base engine if corrected to flywheel HP.

But the torque.... That's what matters.. That's what he paid for.

Quick Reply: PSA: 996 Rebirth- Dr. Raby and FSI delivers!!