Porsche Seller Scammer - beware

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 05:58 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,776 Likes on 2,839 Posts
Default Porsche Seller Scammer - beware

All,

I sold a 911sc to this dirtbag 5 years ago - Thought the Canadian authorities caught up to him but for some reason he is still at his game. Just noticed this link from 2014:
http://test.early911sregistry.org/fo...rlySReg-Member

This guy has ripped off lots of aircooled guys and I sometimes see later model Porsche ads on CL from the Vancouer BC area.

Beware
Old 02-19-2016, 08:57 PM
sweet victory
Three Wheelin'

Received 204 Likes on 120 Posts

20 counts of fraud? Jesus.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:28 PM
m3driver
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was looking at a 73t targa that was listed in Thunder Bay, the dude was real sketchy and I didn't follow through, I wonder if it was the same guy
Old 02-19-2016, 09:30 PM
wyovino
Rennlist Member

Received 617 Likes on 332 Posts

I read the whole thread. Wow!
Old 02-19-2016, 10:27 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

about 5 yrs ago in 2011 this schmuck kurt gave me a cashiers check for the 911sc i sold him - he had bought the car sight unseen off a CL ad i had posted.
while i was waiting for the cashiers check to clear i googled his name and found the long list of people he screwed. i phoned kurt and told him i knew who he was and also spoke personally to a few people he stole money from. of course he denied it all but i told him unfortunately he was going to have to wait 45 days for his check to clear because i didn't trust him.

i was hoping to set some sort of trap - his check did eventually clear but he refused to come and personally pick the car up - he insisted the car get picked up by shipper - no matter how i tried i couldn't force his hand - he also told me if i said anything negative about him he would slander me on the porsche forums.

after reading about his latest fraud i don't care about his retaliation - F_ck him
Old 02-20-2016, 09:38 AM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

^ So Groove, the check cleared but you didn't want the buyer to have the SC shipped because you wanted to trap him? How is it that you got screwed in that transaction?
Old 02-20-2016, 11:48 AM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

i never said i got screwed in the transaction - i tried baiting him

just a warning to everyone because according to the recent posts on 911s forum and samba he is still screwing car buyers.
Old 02-20-2016, 12:41 PM
Kalashnikov
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Q, with everyone knowing who the guy is and where he lives....why just one guy from Arizona showed up to his house and started something?

Truth stranger than fiction dept.

I am also part of the close knit fraternity that has fallen prey to this dirtbag. For those of you who may be tempted to grant benefit of doubt or just can't believe any civilized human being could behave this way (I would agree with you there), you have never met a serial criminal like Kurtis Vachon Eugene Pomerleau.

After finding out recently that I was yet another victim I did what any red-blooded, pissed off German/Greek/Crazy from Arizona would do: I jumped on a plane for Vancouver to reconcile things in person. With the hoards of information online and tips from people who... shall we say... detest this guy (If reincarnation is for real, I hope he comes back as toilet paper.) I was able to track down his residence which is:

He lives in a very nice home and we're paying for it. (If you're in the White Rock/South Surrey, BC area, please stop by. They love guests.)

Here's what happened: I walked up the driveway and an elderly woman smoking a cigarette on the front stoop says "it's not often a good looking man comes up my driveway". As I looked over my shoulder to make sure no one was behind me I asked if Kurt was in. The sweet old woman was Kurt's mother and she invited me to get out of the rain and step inside after a brief conversation about what brought me there (He could not have come from her womb for he is the devil's spawn.)
She said that she would go get Kurt while I played with Muffin the Shih Tzu.

Up to that point it was rainbows and unicorns but that was about to change.

Kurt comes around the corner, yells at me to get out of his house and grabs me. I grab him and we fall out the front door. I ended up on top and grabbed his head and all of his hair came off in my hand! (It must be an expensive rug because it was on there really tight AND because he's stolen enough money from people to buy a very good one. I'm just sorry I didn't keep it and let a taxidermist get creative with it. Would LOVE to have THAT trophy on my wall!) His sweet mother tells me to get off of him so I comply. He comes after me with hedge clippers and since I'm not much of a landscaper I got outta there.
Old 02-20-2016, 01:34 PM
Water Hound
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, what a soap opera! This guy lives 10 minutes drive away from me. It seems amazing that someone could get away with blatantly ripping people off for so long and get away with it. Hopefully some time in Federal care will give him an attitude adjustment and sales of his assets may help offset the losses of his victims.
Old 02-20-2016, 02:04 PM
kab1994
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kalashnikov,

Great story thanks for sharing!
Old 02-20-2016, 03:47 PM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Received 350 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by Kalashnikov
He comes after me with hedge clippers and since I'm not much of a landscaper I got outta there.
Did you manage to shake any of your money out of his pockets in the scuffle? Is he really so good that nothing can be done about him? At least you had the sense to walk away...one day he won't be so lucky and someone will plant him on his clippers.
Old 02-20-2016, 05:14 PM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Received 209 Likes on 158 Posts

Holy wow. This is so close to home too!
Old 10-23-2020, 10:48 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,410 Likes on 4,085 Posts

Can't stand people like this. I was scammed by a West Coadt 928 guy named William Jewett for about $700.

Kurt, I see a rental car with full collision coverage accidentally driving though your house in the near future - how weird is that?
Old 10-23-2020, 04:03 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,156 Likes on 793 Posts

Necro thread!!!! I wonder if Kurt is still around and scamming people... I know Groovezilla hasn't been around in quite a while...
Old 10-23-2020, 04:44 PM
Joel987
Racer

Received 141 Likes on 97 Posts

Kurt came up in the 997 forum. Freakin' scumbag.

Quick Reply: Porsche Seller Scammer - beware