Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Alignment Newb -- What Are Settings and % Use?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 03:56 PM
dharmadan
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment Newb -- What Are Settings and % Use?

Hi!

Picked up a 1999 c4 months ago, and it's been so enjoyable!

May you kindly share your alignment settings, and use? (Daily driver, touring, DEs %? )

Initially, local racer champ set up for track newb. Was fun, but consumed new tires shockingly quickly. (Single track day, then some daily driving -- done in few hundred miles.)

Would like to daily drive, and am thinking factory delivered wheel settings would be right for this. (?)

1. Does anyone have the "As Factory Delivered" numbers? (Just talked with PC NA, GA, and they didn't have them. Emailed classic-service@porsche.de for same.)

2. What are your alignment settngs, for what % street/autocross/DE-trackschools?

Thank you!
dan
Old 02-08-2016, 04:59 PM
Oil_Slickrick
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Dan you may need to focus on google for this stuff -- Try this http://www.renntech.org/forums/topic...ignment-specs/

O_Sr
Old 02-08-2016, 10:34 PM
JayG
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

For AX and track with a standard suspension
Max out neg camber from and rear, no toe in the front and a smidge of toe in the back (~1/16").

With standard suspension, you cant much camber, maybe .75 deg in the front and 1.9 deg in the rear

Also it would be nice to introduce yourself in your first post and include pictures, because it ain't real without pics

without a bunch of camber, the front tires will wear oddly if you are driving hard on the track
Old 02-09-2016, 03:35 PM
kpl
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I run this on my DD 4S, and I autocross a real lot, so the tire wear ends up evening out pretty well. Alignment, degrees per side, total toe: Front => Camber -1.4, Caster 8, Toe -0.05 Rear => Camber -2.2, Toe 0.

Stock suspension with the exception of Tarret front strut mounts (camber plates). I put them on after cracking a 2nd set of stock mounts. I'm going to add their adjustable thrust arm bushings now that those bushing are cracking on a set of replacement a-arms.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:21 PM
Hardback
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Front camber -2.8 (tarret camber plates)
Rear camber -2.3
front toe - 0
rear toe - 2mm toe in

50% street 50% track. Not putting a lot of miles on the car but if I do I'll wear the rears pretty quickly. Like inside edges corded in 4-5000 miles quickly. Its getting expensive so next visit to the shop I'll adjust to a less aggressive setup.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:15 AM
HBgreco
4th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 996 c4s 4 wheel alignment Porsche dealer vs. independent shop?

Is there any value to going to a Porsche dealer for a 4 wheel alignment vs. going to an independent tire store?
Old 06-03-2020, 09:42 AM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,776 Posts

Originally Posted by HBgreco
Is there any value to going to a Porsche dealer for a 4 wheel alignment vs. going to an independent tire store?

No, dealer may only set set it up for a factory spec. A good indy will set ut up for how u want to drive.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:16 PM
sasilverbullet
Rennlist Member

Received 785 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by HBgreco
I did a lot of research on this and in the San Antonio area I found that there's a Firestone dealer that has all the equipment, and a Porsche trained tech (his name is Jack Carrera, no joke). I have my daily driver 03 996 C2 done there and he's been great! Plus, I paid $299 for life time alignment, I've had it re-done three times for parts repair, not charged another dime. If you call around you might be able to find a Firestone dealer that has the equipment.

Quick Reply: Alignment Newb -- What Are Settings and % Use?