996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Talk me off a ledge

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 10:11 AM
Oil_Slickrick
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you were never on the ledge in the first place.. Welcome back.

O_Sr
Old 11-02-2015, 04:40 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 5,016 Likes on 2,969 Posts

Originally Posted by shmark
First rennlist post in damn near 5 years. Sold my 928 back then when I picked up a 308, and haven't really looked back except for the annual pilgrimage to the Petit Le Mans and the Porsche corral.

but

A couple weeks ago I helped a good friend install GT3 swaybars on his 2001 and then made the criminal mistake of driving it.

Dammit.

Ya see I've been perfectly happy daily driving a 1990 ZR-1 for the last couple years, fantastic car, one of the highest performers you can get for the money. Amazing road machine, comfortable, reliable, King of the Hill. I even tracked it hard at Road Atlanta the day before I helped Ken install the swaybars. One 5-minute drive in his car and I forgot how much I liked the ZR-1, how well it handled and braked, how much fun the esses and turn 5 were, how it charged up the back straight, how it wasn't even breathing hard when it was time to go home. Like I said, fantastic car.

I've been looking at every 996 for sale for the past two weeks. At this point my wife understands my automotive affliction, so if I tell her I'm considering a change, she'll roll her eyes and give me a hard time for a month...but she'll be ok...I think.

The 308 is going up for sale and I'm 90% sure the ZR-1 is right behind it...and then what?
i assume you are referring to a ferrari 308 - not a peugeot 308
what year and how many miles on the ferrari 308? what color combo?
Old 11-03-2015, 03:52 PM
shmark
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla
i assume you are referring to a ferrari 308 - not a peugeot 308
what year and how many miles on the ferrari 308? what color combo?
Yes a Ferrari 308, actually a pretty rare bird here in the US - 1985 euro GTB QV, red/tan, excellent condition. One of two I've been able to find in the US. We're prepping it for sale now, hopefully posted online soon. I didn't think an ad was appropriate here, but I'm happy to discuss offline if you're interested. Feel free to send me a pm.

Quick Reply: Talk me off a ledge