Sponsored by:

More PCCB photos

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 08:29 AM
FixedWing
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More PCCB photos

Those that enjoyed seeing Twisted's nice shiny new (and yellow) brake pads on his new GT3:

Twisted's new PCCB's

Might also enjoy these photos of my new front pads:

These are P90-II pads and are three days old. Notice that they aren't yellow anymore. Also, look at the edge of the pad material itself. No need to take these pads out to know what they are like. I consider these pads to aready be toast.

Here are the rear pads:

These pads are older. But they are almost the same colour now as the front pads. And they are on the back of the car!

Full sized versions of the photos can be seen here:

http://www.986host.com/gallery/Fixed..._LF_549?full=1
http://www.986host.com/gallery/Fixed..._LR_574?full=1

Stephen
Old 09-25-2003, 10:46 AM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts

stephen,
just what did you do to achieve that "look" of total fried-ness?
Old 09-25-2003, 12:39 PM
FixedWing
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by watt
just what did you do to achieve that "look" of total fried-ness?
Milk. I needed milk so I made a run to the grocery store. Of course, it was the grocery store in Luxembourg.

Seriously though, what I did was use the brakes to stop the car. I certainy was not being super aggressive with them. In fact, I have been trying to be gentle. A good driver could do a lot more to them than I.

Stephen
Old 09-25-2003, 01:02 PM
FixedWing
Burning Brakes

So while I am at it, here are the INSIDE surfaces of my front PCCB rotors. You can see the outside surfaces in the above photos.

Left-front inside:

Right-front inside:

It isn't easy to get a real feel for the condition of the rotors using two-dimensional photos. You really need to feel them. Of the two rotors pictured above, the left is the worst (as it was previously). And there is no comparison between these rotors and the two that came off. Those were in much worse condition than are these two.

Still, you can see where this is leading...

I don't believe that the rotors were new when PAG put them on the car. Since then they have not travelled that far -- mostly to Sicily and back as well as local driving.

Note that there are no dust shields. These were removed at my request by PAG. The car also has GT2 air scoops. But PAG complained about this non-standard fitting.

Full-sized versions can be seen here:

http://www.986host.com/gallery/Fixed..._LF_557?full=1
http://www.986host.com/gallery/Fixed..._RF_570?full=1

Stephen
Old 09-25-2003, 02:47 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

and what does porsche plan to do about this??? those rotors need replacement. for free.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:56 PM
brh986
Burning Brakes

Watt have you had any PCCB problems at all yet?
Old 09-25-2003, 03:21 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

none. 13,000 miles, 3 cars.

but fixed wing has had one unmitigated hassle since day one. i have another Euro friend that porsche bought new front brakes for at 9,000 miles.

if i tracked every w/e, i would replace the rotors with iron like Oak's rig.
Old 09-25-2003, 04:39 PM
FixedWing
Burning Brakes

In fact, at this point I wouldn't even be happy with replacement rotors. What's the point?

What I've told them is that I want my old cast iron system back and a refund of the option price that I originally paid. So far, they have refused this.

I was sold this system based upon a pack of lies. PAG now admits this through all of the disclaimers that they've put on the GT3 Mk2. None of those disclaimers were in place when they sold me my system. In fact, the picture they painted was most rosy.

So I'm pissed. And I think I have every right to be. You would think that PAG would want to protect their reputation but apparently not. Nor, apprently, do they seem too concerned about the risk to life and limb.

Stephen
Old 09-29-2003, 04:44 PM
Mark GT2
Advanced

Default More Pictures

I have more pictures of my damaged PCCB brakes - but I don't know how to insert them into my reply. Any suggestions?

(I also have a photo of my "NEW" brakes that happen to work tremendously well.)
Old 09-29-2003, 04:55 PM
ADOGNY
Racer

I just noticed those disclaimers in the GT3 book that comes with the car. Unreal the hassle they are putting you through. There is no way they will give you the $$ back unless you try legal channels. Before attorneys, try BBB and consumer affairs. I had a problem with an Audi a few years ago and they were able to resolve it for me at no cost.

I would pursue that avenue right away.. Do not waste time!

Good luck!
Old 09-29-2003, 05:00 PM
Mark GT2
Advanced

I'm currently pursuing that route through the Better Business Bureau (see "another PCCB story").

I'm not sure what Porsche will do about this - but I guarantee that if someone takes this car out on the street (especially with the yellow sport pads) - gets the pads heated up - and gets killed because the brakes don't work when they get hot - and when they're needed most - there will be more than just Better Business Bureau complaints. And worst of all - Porsche knows it.

Quick Reply: More PCCB photos