996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Need to photograph a West Coast 996

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 07:24 PM
porsche951
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it's like the last 996 article I read in "Truth About Cars" it totally trashed the 996.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:18 AM
Copilot
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

With all the people writing about how "bad" the 996 is, I can't imagine how fun a "good" car is!!
Old 04-19-2015, 02:45 PM
babylonboots
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

996 is a great, fun car.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:25 PM
johnireland
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by alpine003
So far we've had Wide Open, BAL, and I think Nik(?) write some articles for various publications. I really think we need to get Johnny Irish to write a 996 piece for Robb Report or somewhere along those lines.

I once wrote a three part article for Sports Car Market on How to Buy Your First Ferrari...obviously is was the story of my own experience.

I had to mail a letter and buy a couple of bottles of cheap Bordeaux this afternoon. I think there is something wrong with my 996 because when I pull out of the garage it takes me forever to get home. I don't even have to drive fast, I tuned the radio to some Blues and just drove in all different directions. God was watching over me and gave me a spot right by the front door at Trader Joe's. I grabbed the wine, some tomatoes, checked out the divorced hotties at the yogurt section...but settled for a slightly chubby tattooed parolee who in return for sex, washed the car for me. I asked if she ever slept with guys who owned 991s but she said "no...there's something about the 996 that makes the sex edgy...almost desperate, like a man on the run and a woman on the loose."

And that's why the 996 is the best auto bargain you can find these days.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:33 AM
alpine003
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by johnireland
I once wrote a three part article for Sports Car Market on How to Buy Your First Ferrari...obviously is was the story of my own experience.

I had to mail a letter and buy a couple of bottles of cheap Bordeaux this afternoon. I think there is something wrong with my 996 because when I pull out of the garage it takes me forever to get home. I don't even have to drive fast, I tuned the radio to some Blues and just drove in all different directions. God was watching over me and gave me a spot right by the front door at Trader Joe's. I grabbed the wine, some tomatoes, checked out the divorced hotties at the yogurt section...but settled for a slightly chubby tattooed parolee who in return for sex, washed the car for me. I asked if she ever slept with guys who owned 991s but she said "no...there's something about the 996 that makes the sex edgy...almost desperate, like a man on the run and a woman on the loose."

And that's why the 996 is the best auto bargain you can find these days.
Classic Johnny Irish. Thank you.

Quick Reply: Need to photograph a West Coast 996