996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

If you haven't seen this you must.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 12:24 AM
Quicker10u
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like his attitude. Hooting and Whooping..That guy is having fun in the car! Nothing like getting loose in top gear...Great Vid..
Old 01-08-2015, 01:50 AM
Terry T.
Instructor

This was my humble dice with superior horsepower. My car was a 944 with a 968 motor. The gray GT3 driver and I were pushing hard. Toward the end, you'll note that there is something to be said for brute force, though.

Terry
Old 01-08-2015, 03:01 AM
JTB1
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Similar vein - granted not a Porsche (Caterham R400). With almost 500k views, must really rub the Tifosi the wrong way . Filmed at PPIR back in 2005.

Old 01-08-2015, 03:10 AM
kon5t
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by johnireland
In Mcbit's footage I don't see the driver wearing a helmet or any protective clothing...not even sure he has a competition harness on. The guy in the first clip is also sans protective clothing but at least he has a helmet on. Considering how at and often over the limit both drivers get, that's pretty scary.

Just thinking out loud now but I wonder how efficient both drivers are with that much opposite lock in their steering. They are obviously going fast but I wonder if a clock would show they could be even faster if they were smoother? I know I wouldn't be as fast them...smooth or ragged.
No they wouldn't be. The whole "smooth" thing to be honest is a bit of joke, look at any really fast driver and you will not see much smoothness, but a continuous stream of inputs that wrench the car back from certain doom. Smoothness is great when you are a novice, but on the limit, you will not be limited by "smoothness".

Have another look at Sabine's wet lap, and then look at the behind the driver camera, observe her steering wheel input, constant and often very aggressive.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:11 PM
mcbit
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mharrison
So in other words, he had no idea what he was doing...
That would be my point entirely!
Old 01-08-2015, 12:57 PM
mcbit
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kon5t
No they wouldn't be. The whole "smooth" thing to be honest is a bit of joke, look at any really fast driver and you will not see much smoothness, but a continuous stream of inputs that wrench the car back from certain doom. Smoothness is great when you are a novice, but on the limit, you will not be limited by "smoothness".

Have another look at Sabine's wet lap, and then look at the behind the driver camera, observe her steering wheel input, constant and often very aggressive.
I would actually consider Sabine to very smooth, and with more than 30,000 laps of the ring she should be quick.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:45 PM
Hotrodaxel1976
Racer

Originally Posted by johnireland
I could watch this guy all day. Anybody who thinks they need more horsepower think again. This footage is all about ***** and skill.

Nürburgring Nordschleife - Porsche 993 vs 997 GT3 RS - YouTube
[/QUOTE]

This was nice!!

Quick Reply: If you haven't seen this you must.