Sponsored by:

Sold the C4S and bought my childhood dream car

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 01:02 PM
alpine003
Banned

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Sweet ^^^

Still remember watching Miami Vice and when they "downgraded" from the Daytona to the Testarossa. Even caught a mid season car blooper when they used a different car with different side mirrors. (original had upper mirrors, mid season changed to lower mirrors). Loved the side inlets when it came out as there wasn't really anything like it at that time which also took my mind off the NACA ducts used on the Countach's for awhile. LOL
Old 11-20-2014, 01:25 PM
bal
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm sure you guys are familiar with Doug DeMuro's column - he's the guy with the Ferrari and the CarMax Range Rover but if you're not, enjoy: http://dougdemuro.kinja.com/why-yes-...deo-1525319595
Old 11-20-2014, 01:36 PM
RaginBull
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Flat6 Innovations
Here's mine..

1992 512 TR
Art on Wheels

Originally Posted by Howaboutthat
Wow -- beautiful example, Raginbull. You must be thrilled. I love the 348, 355 and 430 best, though I could never give up a Porsche.
Thank you Howaboutthat! It still hurts to not own a 911, already in the plans to buy a replacement down the road
Old 11-20-2014, 01:41 PM
RaginBull
Instructor

Originally Posted by alpine003
Sweet ^^^

Still remember watching Miami Vice and when they "downgraded" from the Daytona to the Testarossa. Even caught a mid season car blooper when they used a different car with different side mirrors. (original had upper mirrors, mid season changed to lower mirrors). Loved the side inlets when it came out as there wasn't really anything like it at that time which also took my mind off the NACA ducts used on the Countach's for awhile. LOL
I loved watching that show! Never saw the bloopers but watching that Daytona and the Testarossa was a huge inspiration. Now I just need to buy a white linen suit like Sonny Crocket

Originally Posted by bal
I'm sure you guys are familiar with Doug DeMuro's column - he's the guy with the Ferrari and the CarMax Range Rover but if you're not, enjoy: http://dougdemuro.kinja.com/why-yes-...deo-1525319595
Haven't heard of him, but definitely came across this article when I was doing my due diligence prior to buying. With him putting the cost of ownership in perspective made it conceivable to own one
Old 11-20-2014, 03:30 PM
alpine003
Banned

Originally Posted by bal
That is sorta skewed and giving a false impression to those that are not in the know. Let's just say starting with the 360 onward is when Ferrari's became a lot more reliable and able to drive places without worrying about breaking down.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:16 PM
johnireland
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The 348 is a great Ferrari. It solves the problems with the transverse engines by putting it in the right direction in the car. It should be as good a daily driver as a Porsche...and it shouldn't be any harder than a 911 to service it yourself...and it shouldn't be anymore expensive to service at a dealer or a private shop. Ferraris cost money and so do Porsches. I think the Ferrari shift gate is the best in the world...nothing feels as sexy. Performance wise, you bought an old car so its performance will be dated...just as is the case with old Porsches. I bought (years ago) a used 308 with 88k miles on it. I drove it as my daily driver for two-plus years and sold it with 124k miles on it...and for only $2k less than I bought it for. Its a totally different feel than a Porsche...not better or worse...just different. Use it well.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:14 PM
RaginBull
Instructor

Originally Posted by johnireland
The 348 is a great Ferrari. It solves the problems with the transverse engines by putting it in the right direction in the car. It should be as good a daily driver as a Porsche...and it shouldn't be any harder than a 911 to service it yourself...and it shouldn't be anymore expensive to service at a dealer or a private shop. Ferraris cost money and so do Porsches. I think the Ferrari shift gate is the best in the world...nothing feels as sexy. Performance wise, you bought an old car so its performance will be dated...just as is the case with old Porsches. I bought (years ago) a used 308 with 88k miles on it. I drove it as my daily driver for two-plus years and sold it with 124k miles on it...and for only $2k less than I bought it for. Its a totally different feel than a Porsche...not better or worse...just different. Use it well.
That's great to hear, thanks for sharing Johnireland!
Old 11-20-2014, 06:14 PM
alpine003
Banned

Some of use are dreaming of these cars while others are using it like some of us here use our 996's(as ornament pieces, lol). His is just vertical...

Old 11-20-2014, 06:16 PM
KrazyK
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Beautiful car!
Old 11-20-2014, 07:46 PM
RaginBull
Instructor

Originally Posted by alpine003
Some of use are dreaming of these cars while others are using it like some of us here use our 996's(as ornament pieces, lol). His is just vertical...

LOL
Old 11-20-2014, 07:47 PM
RaginBull
Instructor

Originally Posted by KrazyK
Beautiful car!
Thank you KrazyK!

Quick Reply: Sold the C4S and bought my childhood dream car